Page 321 of 508 FirstFirst ... 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 ... LastLast
Results 8,001 to 8,025 of 12695
    Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Having met both of you I'd say that if snow was involved you guys would get along great. Get off the internet and go outside

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    I’d love to go outside, but I’m at work and posting between surgeries

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    deals to be had in bozeman... only $400 and you too could be ski bumin' the parking lots!

https://bozeman.craigslist.org/rvs/d...317839106.html
    A POW sticker would really add a finished look to this one.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210604_164959043.MP.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	376484

sweet budget overlander project. dude wants 30k or so. f 550, 6.7 l, 4x4, 130mi, sound like all works well. in gateway montana.

i talked w him today, he's got a deleter on it which bypasses all the deisel regs that fuck up the engines etc. don't really know much about deisel..

saw ppl test driving it today, i don't think it comes w a POW sticker but could be wrong..

i like the nissan 4x4 conversion that the slc dealership is doing, makes a lot of sense, like 42/45k new

pick up an nv high roof w 20k or so on it and do the 4x4 conversion. could be my next rig.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    i like the nissan 4x4 conversion that the slc dealership is doing, makes a lot of sense, like 42/45k new

pick up an nv high roof w 20k or so on it and do the 4x4 conversion. could be my next rig.
    I'm not a huge Nissan fan personally but I did some looking and it would definitely be on my short list.

seems like a pretty solid price point for a high roof 4x4. are they junk?

seems like all makes suffer from some hate. also thinking i may just van it for life, so why not go the mercedes 4x4 route , simple build for like 65k.

don't need anything now but 4x4 would be tits for my lifestyle, full time van , full time skier in winter

IME working on them when I worked at a body shop Nissans were kind of built cheap in general and almost every one I touched had some sort of electrical gremlin. The NV platform is supposed to be decent though so they may be built better?

may just van it for life, so why not go the mercedes 4x4 route , simple build for like 65k.

r
    Hah. Cute. *cries in benjamins.

X

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    I'm not a huge Nissan fan personally but I did some looking and it would definitely be on my short list.
    Same. I have never liked any Nissan vehicles I have driven or been in, but a high roof NV 4x4 for under 50k sounds almost reasonable.

Which of you Bozeman mags has the 4x4 Sprinter with the trout plates "REMOTE"?....well played.

Posted up at Silver Mtn lot right now. Was jumping into the coffin aka fiberglass topper on and off and fighting to keep the EZUP from blowing away during quick wind/rain bursts.

Realistically I am looking at another 6-8 weekends of this this summer. I'm too old for this shit. I need to find something. Finally have a bit of cash.

:::fondly remembers 2 summers ago looking at 16-20' camper trailers on CL that were only like 5k and not rotted and from the early 90s:::

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Same. I have never liked any Nissan vehicles I have driven or been in, but a high roof NV 4x4 for under 50k sounds almost reasonable.
    For a while I owned a 2nd Gen Xterra with a 6 sp MT and it was absolutely fun as shit to drive. Electrical issues out the ass though. Hopefully Nissan has fixed those issues because that's definitely the best deal going for a 4x4 van.

i don't really know much about deisel..
    I’d start by spelling it diesel.

X

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    X
    I’ve always wanted to see the inside of one of those things, mainly to see how they fit the camper bits around the rear engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    X
    Looks like this one is in contention for funniest and most fitting RV name from the "anal" game:

Anal Super Bugger.

Pretty cool! Just add a microbus front split windows and some rear wheel spacers

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Pretty cool! Just add a microbus front split windows and some rear wheel spacers
    and get rid of the extended mirrors. you don't want to know how many people are stacked up behind you.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    and get rid of the extended mirrors. you don't want to know how many people are stacked up behind you.
    Haaa just spit my water

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

So why shouldn't I buy a 25' early to mid 1990s camper trailer? Besides the obvious stuff like towing kinda sucks, milage (my truck already sucks gas, but is strong so towing shouldn't make it way worse), they all seem to leak etc?

There actually are some in the 5-6k range vs 15-20k for a nice FWC etc.

$4800 for an 8' sunlite popup with immaculate canvas?

Edit: I realize historical prices mean nothing now. Just seems like a ton to spend on an old camper.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Ski RV's, who's sleeping in parking lots?

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    So why shouldn't I buy a 25' early to mid 1990s camper trailer? Besides the obvious stuff like towing kinda sucks, milage (my truck already sucks gas, but is strong so towing shouldn't make it way worse), they all seem to leak etc?

There actually are some in the 5-6k range vs 15-20k for a nice FWC etc.
    The only reason not to get a hunter's special trailer (other than what you already stated) is that you are then restricted from towing anything else. I would like to get a nice 18 or 19' aluminum fishing boat as our fishing buddy is getting long in the tooth. But the trailer nixes that option. Small 24' motor home would be the answer to camping comfort with the family with towing a larger craft for ocean fishing.

Otherwise a trailer camper is way more room, easier to work on, doesn't need a dually GVWR/RAWR to carry a comparable slide-in, not tied to the tow rig for jaunts away from camp, etc, etc. Makes for a extra bedroom in the driveway/back yard for the MIL as well

Two reasons not to get a trailer in your situation. With as busy as the woods have been, if you're trying to find a dispersed site, you can't get as far off the beaten path and it might be tough to find a good spot to park it with all the other bumpasses. And your Tundra mpg's will be crushed. Like 7-10 mpg with 10 being best case. If you're cool with those, no reason not to.

Honestly, looks like the best bang for my buck with the best resale value is to go full bro and just get an XL GFC. Earliest available build spot I am seeing is August if I buy a spot from someone on the GFC forums.

I just can't justify almost $5k for a Sunlite from the 80s......even thought someone else will probably buy it.

If I didn't ski/live somewhere that it snows a ton I would have bought a 2wd sprinter van 10 years ago. I love my truck, but the milage is um.....not good.

We have a trailer and the best part is leaving it setup at camp and being to drive away for the day. Towing does limit where you can do and it is a big thing to store.

how about this one? Looks ready to convert...diesel....AND 7.3 to boot....with only 132K...sure they are likely hard ass miles being an ambulance....but heck...bulletproof...
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...9459454596910/