Page 263 of 510 FirstFirst ... 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 ... LastLast
Results 6,551 to 6,575 of 12727
    Quote Originally Posted by telepariah View Post
    Inside the back of the Freed. Skis in there for scale. The red Backland 107s are 189 cm and the green Backland 102 FRs are 180. The back isn't actually totally flat. It has a bridge over a gap between the top of the folded back seat and the deck in the far back that raises that middle section by 2 cm. So I have some floor mats cut to fit on either side of that to level it out. On top of that I'll have another 2 cm of exercise mat and then my sleeping pad, which raises my head up enough to sleep comfortably against the inclined bottom of the back seat, which flips forward to allow the seat back to fold flat. Yeah, it could have been the bigger Step Wagon, but that costs about $10,000 more. This will work. I just need to be able to haul my gear and sleep in it.

Attachment 344674

Attachment 344675
    That's a great setup. Wish I still had my element. Wish Honda would sell these high mpg haulers in the US. I think the closest thing to that is a Mazda 5, but those only get 21/28 mpg.

Sent from my SM-G970U using TGR Forums mobile app

Any one want to comment on something like this?

Price? Age issues? What should an inspector look for with one of these models?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...19160065343625

1995 has a few engine options. You want either the 7.3 PSD (early version not the best) or the 7.5 gas. 5.8 is ok

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    1995 has a few engine options. You want either the 7.3 PSD (early version not the best) or the 7.5 gas. 5.8 is ok
    Has a 5.4L v8 triton with 90K kms on it. you meant 5.4 or 5.8?

No way that a 1995 has a Triton 5.4. that engine came in 1997

No way that a 1995 has a Triton 5.4. that engine came in 1997
    New engine in it. Assume since 90k kms is really low for that age vehicle.

Myself and the fiancé are looking at buying a friend's 1981 Toyota 4x4 pickup (6' bed), with a late 1970s 4WC Fleet camper. They have done a lot of work to the truck, although the camper will probably need some TLC.

Pretty stoked on the adventure potential, although having a really hard time finding sales comps for the truck. It has ~150K on the clock so feeling pretty good about the resale potential down the road. Any thoughts on fair price range for a setup like this?

Solid axle Toyotas are hot right now, so if the trucks in good shape expect to pay more than you think. That being said, it won't depreciate as long as you don't beat the piss out of it, so you're likely to get it all back.

Ballpark 8-15k for the truck depending on condition. Not sure how much value an old camper adds, my guess is not much.

Although Mud is mostly cruisers you can get an idea of what these trucks are fetching. Example:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/198...st-tn.1216084/

Quote Originally Posted by bonewrenched View Post
    Solid axle Toyotas are hot right now, so if the trucks in good shape expect to pay more than you think. That being said, it won't depreciate as long as you don't beat the piss out of it, so you're likely to get it all back.

Ballpark 8-15k for the truck depending on condition. Not sure how much value an old camper adds, my guess is not much.
    Even if you do beat the piss outta it you'll get your money back. Just a heads up but even in my 88 pickup "extended" cab I was cramped at 6'3". I bought it for 1700 bucks, drove the shit out of it for 5 years and sold it for 1600 bucks. Only put a new alternator in it. That 81 prob has the 22r in it. Also with a camper expect 3rd gear revving up mtn passes at 35-40mph. No fucking way I'd pay anywhere close to 8k for it but the market is fucked. Though I'd be hard pressed to pass on that combo. With some TLC you could take that rig almost anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    New engine in it. Assume since 90k kms is really low for that age vehicle.
    Ok last piece of advice then. A 5.4 doesn't just drop in to a 1995. It needs ECU, dashboard, emissions, etc to work correctly. So finding that swap working without a constant check engine light is only gonna be if a real pro did the swap

Quote Originally Posted by bonewrenched View Post
    Although Mud is mostly cruisers you can get an idea of what these trucks are fetching. Example:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/198...st-tn.1216084/
    Thanks for the link! I’ll do some exploring on the forums.
    i shred the gnar

I appreciate the thoughts on the setup, it seems like with that vintage truck we should be in a solid position long term.

Hard to believe that people are paying $15k for them though...
    i shred the gnar

Holy shit, I have 92 2wd toyota I'm trying to decide about holding onto to repair. Not nearly in as nice condition but I might need to look into prices.

Ok last piece of advice then. A 5.4 doesn't just drop in to a 1995. It needs ECU, dashboard, emissions, etc to work correctly. So finding that swap working without a constant check engine light is only gonna be if a real pro did the swap
    Not to mention nobody swapped one of the worst gas engines Ford made in the last 30 years into that thing.

That Yota setup sounds sweet. The market is dumb on mini trucks IMO but i'd love to have a little set up like that.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Not to mention nobody swapped one of the worst gas engines Ford made in the last 30 years into that thing.

That Yota setup sounds sweet. The market is dumb on mini trucks IMO but i'd love to have a little set up like that.
    Thanks for the heads-up. Turns out that the engine is original 5.4 V8. And mileage is also original. Strange but true and the 5.4L is listed as one of the E250 series engines. Not sure what to make of it but you say it is the worst engine? What makes it so bad?

Thanks for the heads-up. Turns out that the engine is original 5.4 V8. And mileage is also original. Strange but true and the 5.4L is listed as one of the E250 series engines. Not sure what to make of it but you say it is the worst engine? What makes it so bad?
    Timing chain and tentioner and spark plug issues

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

That van is either not a 95, or not a 5.4 though. I'll put money on it.

Anyone have any experiences with the "Rinsekit"? Not so much for the ski resort parking lot but for summer uses. Looking for something mainly post surfing and to hose down the mountain bike (don't have a hose at home :/ ) but could see it coming in handy for summer long roadtrips even though I normally count jumping in a lake as a shower and just avoid people .

Any one want to comment on something like this?

Price? Age issues? What should an inspector look for with one of these models?
    #vanlife
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vanlife.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	344919
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by davjr96 View Post
    Anyone have any experiences with the "Rinsekit"? Not so much for the ski resort parking lot but for summer uses. Looking for something mainly post surfing and to hose down the mountain bike (don't have a hose at home :/ ) but could see it coming in handy for summer long roadtrips even though I normally count jumping in a lake as a shower and just avoid people .
    I've got one, mostly use it to rinse the dogs off. It lives in the truck all summer and works pretty good for what it is. If you don't have a hose bib at home to fill it it may be kind of a PITA to fill.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    I've got one, mostly use it to rinse the dogs off. It lives in the truck all summer and works pretty good for what it is. If you don't have a hose bib at home to fill it it may be kind of a PITA to fill.
    I have one w/ a heater and a pump to self pressurize. The heater takes forever, and is pretty useless, so I'd not waste your money on that. The pump takes a while to get to pressure too. I really wish that they had a set up to allow a bike pump to pressurize it, that would be a lot easier. Or even a co2 canister.

Overall, when you fill off a pressurized water source, it is pretty useful, it is moderately pressurized and the pressure dissipates as you use it. OK to rinse off bikes I guess. I really only use it to shower and it is ok for that.

I have a Zodi propane hot shower in a box thing. Works great for car camping showers - pump runs on 12V, off the car battery. Hot water is nearly instant, depending on how cold your water source is. Just let it recirculate a little until it's hot enough for you.

Can't adjust pressure though. It's a gentle shower spray, don't think it would be great for washing bikes.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

2004e350 diesel 4 x4 Quigley. What would you pay? Interior is done but def DIY otlyoowd slapped together. Not a bougie van. I love the van and it's near me I got excited because I thought it might be affordable... Price just seems nuts at $25k

16 years old with 250k miles. "The runaway"

Runs Great ! My three year project Van, Time to move on...

250k miles 6.0 diesel Runs Great!

All fluids changed, rear, front, transmission, transfer case with synthetic fluids
    Rear Diff cover replaced (leaking)
    New Exhaust MRP 4” Aluminized Steel
    All new rocker panels all around the van,
    Front Fender
    Passengers door
    Durback BedLiner on the rockers
    NH Oil Undercoating every year
    New Oil Cooler
    New EGR Cooler
    New Glow Plugs and wires
    New Alternator
    New Thermostat
    New Antifreeze
    New Belts
    New Pulleys
    New Turbo Hoses

New Sony Stereo with Bluetooth and Hands Free.
    Polk Speakers
    8” Subwoofer
    Rear Door speakers, Weatherproof
    Rear door windows replaced with venting type ($500)

2500W charger\inverter - full sine wave with exterior plug in
    1- 100AH AGM battery (space for second)
    Water Pump with accumulator
    Full wiring\fuse box
    Installed Air compressor
    Diesel Heater with 1 liter fuel tank (can be plumbed into tank)
    Max air fan
    Sciraco Air 12V Fan
    7 gallon water tank, w/ sink and rear hose connection.
    Swivel passenger seat
    Conversion Van Electric sofa, makes into bed.

285/75-16 on American Racing Wheels, Less than 5k on tires including spare.
    ARB awning
    LED Headlights
    LED bulbs all around
    LED off-road lights
    Spare Tire Carrier
    Rear Door Ladder
    Roof Rack, Custom Fabricated

Many spare parts included.

Bike rack not included

Price Negotiable !

The issues:
    Passenger side quarter couple rust spots,
    Rear Parking brake pads need to be replaced (have parts)

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

from my brief shopping for something kind of similar, seems a bit high, especially with the miles, but, a ford expert can weigh in on the engine.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"