Page 194 of 510 FirstFirst ... 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 ... LastLast
Results 4,826 to 4,850 of 12727
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Yeah, the egg ones are smaller. The rounded edges (plus they're not as wide I don't think) mean a lot less space. And the biggest one is generally 16' (except for the rare 19' 5th wheel) which is pretty small for a family of 4. Our 13' Scamp was ridiculous with 2 adults, a baby, and 2 dogs.
    I'm liking the height of some of those. I have 8'2" to get back to my garage and some of those are tickling that. It's just my wife and I (and 2 dogs) at this point, so it could work.

We have an escape 21ft, plenty of space for 2 adults and 1 small kid, reasonably sized wet bath and a bit over 4klbs loaded. Escapes hold their value super well so we bought new and chose our finishes, I wish their was a bunk or cot option so we didn't have to tear down the table for the second bed, but I just ordered a pneumatic pedestal to make that faster. I love being able to drive away with camp set up and it works well with the little guy.

On the trailer front, my biggest consideration after a couple years with a 20ft, is the size of the tanks. Family of 3 gets a weekend out of <30gallons of fresh, 5 days with <30gallon gray (no showers), and a little over a weekend out of <20gallon black. Would like to get closer to 40gallon fresh and 30gallon black.
    Also, the biggest annual cost outside of drivetrain maintenance is that the appliances are all from the same main corporation (Dometic), and depending on what gets broke, the repair cost can be crazy. A fridge shelf will run $80CAN for a $10 piece of molded plastic. Even aftermarket electronic modules are pricey. At least the plumbing for both H2O and propane are straight forward. We did capitalize on kitchen layout, which gives big points by the wife for those rainy days that cooking outside is uncomfortable.
    As for tow vehicle, under 5000lbs is doable with a smaller vehicle with a 6, but after that a 1/2tonne frame with and 8 under the hood is needed to climb any hill and not kill the transmission.

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Scamp
    Casita
    Escape
    Oliver
    For anyone searching, there are some old brands, not made anymore to my knowledge, but still egg campers you might find on craigslist: Burro, Boler, Trillium, Perris.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

One of these is for sale locally and I'm tempted.

https://www.livinlite.com/products/q...rs/7x20HJ.html

I see a lot of value in the versatility in having the "toy hauler" garage. Bikes, rafts, snomo-ski. No worries about wet/ snowy boots.

The manufacturer seems respected and the aluminum construction is nice in the salt encrusted roads up here. Don't think the floor is insulated, so that may be a project. Thoughts?

Picked up this ridiculously priced thing today and heading out weekend after this to give it a trial in Idaho. Holy shit, what have I done???? My tent will never forgive me.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Geo.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	282.9 KB 
ID:	288791

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    Picked up this ridiculously priced thing today and heading out weekend after this to give it a trial in Idaho. Holy shit, what have I done???? My tent will never forgive me.....
    Nice man! Fuck your tent, sleeping on the ground is for animals (unless you're in the backcountry).

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Nice man! Fuck your tent, sleeping on the ground is for animals (unless you're in the backcountry).
    Haha, thanks. Pretty stoked!

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post

Name:	Geo.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	282.9 KB 
ID:	288791
    Nice looking unit. Congrats!
    What’s the gross trailer weight? Any pics of the interior layout? Wheel clearance in the wheel wells look a little tight but maybe that is just the pic?

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    Nice looking unit. Congrats!
    What’s the gross trailer weight? Any pics of the interior layout? Wheel clearance in the wheel wells look a little tight but maybe that is just the pic?
    GVWR is 3920, other specs and very good 360 view here: https://forestriverinc.com/rvs/trave...pro/G16BH/3799

Clearance is good, plastic fender pieces make it look like less than it is. These models seem to do a good job of cramming a lot of features into a very small package (and well thought out regarding usability). I debated hard on the slide, but this model is still completely usable without the slide deployed.

Very nice specs and nice weight distribution lines. The big tanks eat into the CCC pretty quick, but I’ll vote more fresh water and put cargo in the 1/2ton. Is the furnace ducted to the tanks?

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    Very nice specs. The big tanks eat into the CCC pretty quick, but I’ll vote more fresh water and put cargo in the 1/2ton. Is the furnace ducted to the tanks?
    Just me and very light camper so not worried about CCC. No on furnace, tank heaters available but worthless with non protected plumbing IMO. Cold weather use would require drained tanks and jugs inside, etc. Debated on a Nash 4 season 17K, but nearly 5k more and quality has gone way downhill in recent years from what I can glean. Quit a bit heavier too. (Nice one on Bozeman craigslist if any one is interested.)

If you really want a cold weather capable RV, look for a used Triple E class C either a Regal (their rental model) or Regency. No difference except for lino floors in the rental. I have had mine to -25c with no problems. This Youtube explains why.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vttAv4b-24U

Quote Originally Posted by apex dave View Post
    If you really want a cold weather capable RV, look for a used Triple E class C either a Regal (their rental model) or Regency. No difference except for lino floors in the rental. I have had mine to -25c with no problems. This Youtube explains why.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vttAv4b-24U
    I would rather set up camp and then have my truck available for close trailheads, etc. I also like having the truck bed available for hauling additional gear, bikes, kayak, etc. Not planning on a lot of winter stuff, maybe some shoulder season bird hunting etc. but hauling water in jugs is no problem for that.

Your option would be great for full time rv'ing, ski parking lots, etc. though.

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    For the "shit that annoys me" thread? Rates appear to be $250-500 per night.
    https://autocamp.com/guides/location/yosemite/

The dezeen article and the autocamp website could have been generated by hipster/corporate buzzword bingo:
    - "upscale decor, alongside a spacious clubhouse where guests can enjoy craft beer and kombucha"
    - "artisanal"
    - "curated"
    - "foster 'a communal experience that honours the spirit and tradition of camping'" -- I guess so, if your idea of camping is the Ritz Carlton
    - "a reimagined luxury experience"
    - "Heated outdoor furniture by Galanter + Jones"

OTOH, the more rich idiots who go to places like that = the less there are out on backcountry areas.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I think glamping is pretty nice for families / people with significant others that aren't really campers, but what is the point of that clubhouse other than looking rad on Instagram?
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    "curated"
    Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    I think glamping is pretty nice for families / people with significant others that aren't really campers, but what is the point of that clubhouse other than looking rad on Instagram?
    it's for people who are unwilling to go without a shower

My kid showered in our northern lite after a day of lacrosse games on Saturday. Off the holding tank no less. First official shower in the camper. Easy peasy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    it's for people who are unwilling to go without a shower
    Lots of shower options available without having to go full Airstream Curated Lifestyle Glamper. For free, jump in a creek. For $10, a solar shower bag. For $100, a Zodi.

http://zodi.com/hot-showers
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Lots of shower options available without having to go full Airstream Curated Lifestyle Glamper. For free, jump in a creek. For $10, a solar shower bag. For $100, a Zodi.

http://zodi.com/hot-showers
    Don't leave out this one:

http://www.hotjugz.com/

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    Don't leave out this one:

http://www.hotjugz.com/
    Hadn't seen that before. I suppose you could also DIY it with a cheap garden pressure sprayer like that, and some handheld hose fittings from Home Depot (e.g. pull-out kitchen sink sprayer nozzle) -- but at $35 ready to go, it's not going to be much less $ to make your own.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem like I'll be able to finish this project out. https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/56901846
    Dm me for more info and tgr member discount.

Name:	powerbus.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	289219Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-6627.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	289220

Slightly related but if anyone sees a trail tailor brand rooftop tent pop up for sale let me know.
    Stolen off my land cruiser last night in Seattle.

Quote Originally Posted by pyromaniacman129 View Post
    Slightly related but if anyone sees a trail tailor brand rooftop tent pop up for sale let me know.
    Stolen off my land cruiser last night in Seattle.
    That sucks man, sorry. How did they remove it? Pick the locks, break the mounts? I don't know how those are secured.