Page 414 of 510 FirstFirst ... 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 ... LastLast
Results 10,326 to 10,350 of 12743
    I think Battleborn? And probably others sell batteries that have a built in heater to keep the battery at a chargeable temp. My new rig is going to be in a similar scenario, we may just go AGM since its kind of a budget build anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Attachment 422430

Attachment 422431

Complete F150 engine / 4x4 drivetrain. His company is listed on the back of the rig.
    Not sure if in GOTOS thread but it would clean house

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    That was the hang up I had. Parked outside below freezing. Running the propane house furnace all the time was not a good option. Maybe not a solution for my situation it seems.
    Why would you need to charge it if you are not using it? Get back from your trip and let it sit there until you travel again. Cold doesn't hurt them unless you charge while they are cold.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Mine sat for some periods with solar or trickle on it. Yeah, use your van more. One of the reasons we sold...didn't use it as much as we should.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    #novanlife

Doing research for our next camper we buy when the economy tanks and we can pickup something cool for a song. Maybe wishful thinking...
    let me know how that works out
    the economy tanking and picking up baller over land vehicles and real estate on the cheap

Wife wants a tricked out Sprinter.
    I told her to wait until winter.

Just make sure she understands why Transit >> Sprinter. The Merc is like the Rossi Soul 7 of the category.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Wife wants a tricked out Sprinter.
    I told her to wait until winter.
    I'm selling mine 210k. Wanna look
    #novanlife
    Van life sucks over rated
    You buy it and it sits in the driveway you'll never use it

Get a set of tits like this and get in YouTube fred.

It'll work great! Don't forget your pithy motivational quotes to keep your chin up.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Just make sure she understands why Transit >> Sprinter. The Merc is like the Rossi Soul 7 of the category.
    Yeah, well, ya know. That's just like, your opinion, man.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    M-B dealers are only located in big cities with a total of something like 400 dealers in the USA while Ford (according to Google) has more than 3,000 dealers. So if you are in to urban camping, then you are good to go in a Sprinter. But you will have to put up with less power and more expensive maintenance and higher initial cost vs a Ford Transit. And at a lot of M-B dealerships, commercial Sprinters get preference in appointment bookings.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    M-B dealers are only located in big cities with a total of something like 400 dealers in the USA while Ford (according to Google) has more than 3,000 dealers. So if you are in to urban camping, then you are good to go in a Sprinter. But you will have to put up with less power and more expensive maintenance and higher initial cost vs a Ford Transit. And at a lot of M-B dealerships, commercial Sprinters get preference in appointment bookings.

For all you Sprinter lovers....this is a nice little diddy

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    I'm not saying Sprinters are better. Just saying there's plenty of room for opinions on both. For instance, you can't buy a Transit as big as the biggest Sprinter. While Transit's come in a diesel version, the vast majority are gas. For some, the thought of owning a diesel that could end up well over 500k miles is a big plus. For someone in the 6' range the 6'3" ceiling of a sprinter is plenty of room and saves 2" of height on the roof compared to the high roof transit. And there's the looks. I don't like the look of the Transit's nose. At all.
    And as far as tricked out versions, I feel like Sprinter has the edge there in available options.

But if I were to build out another camper, no way would I go with a Sprinter.

Ballers drive benzes

I want milfs to turn there heads when roll into the whole foods parking lot

You can't buy an AWD Transit with a diesel.

Max MPG I see in my Transit is 17. It's kinda pathetic but I have a big fancy roof patio

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post

Max MPG I see in my Transit is 17. It's kinda pathetic but I have a big fancy roof patio
    And used to be diesels were cheaper to fuel but now with the shortage it's been like a 15% hit lately.

What do you think you'd get w no outside roof stuff?

Got mine last week! Stoked. Will get some pics up

Wild. I get a totally reliable 11mpg in the 1982 WinningBago with GM 6.2 diesel, and she's taller, wider, longer, and way heavier than a Transit. Seems like they could have improved things more than that in 40 years...

Of course I'm only going like 60mph on the flats and have to wear earplugs, but who's counting?
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

^hisis gas though (I think). The diesels should be around 20mpg

The 3.5 Ecoboost in the Transit is a huge improvement in Powwwaaaa! But a 3.5 turbo diesel would have been better IMO

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    What do you think you'd get w no outside roof stuff?

Got mine last week! Stoked. Will get some pics up
    Congratulations! Way to be patient. I've heard people are screwed on getting one lately.

I bet I could get 20 mpg on a trip where speeds are less than 65 mph without the rack. Most drives aren't that slow but driving for 4 hours in the rain made me chill on the speed

Yeah I ordered in September last year.

50k brand new. They are selling for 80k if ppl like me don't end up buying when they arrive. Yay asset inflation.

I'm getting 13 mpg (diesel) in a loaded MB sprinter based Winnebago View 24 ft class C cross the country.
    We rented a few Ford Fx50 based similar sized class C rvs, then drove this exact one last year for 3 weeks in Idaho.
    Night and day driving experience difference. Such a better drivetrain.
    But alas, no 4x4.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20220730_191955141.jpg 
Views:	291 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	422731

2 in foam, 3/4 in osb, laminate floor

i had built the cabinet last month, bed frame today. will work on the pedestal for the cooler in the passenger seat space tonight.

habitable for now. will wait till its not a thousand fucking degrees out and full blasting sun to work on it further.

let the good times roll!