Page 360 of 510 FirstFirst ... 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 ... LastLast
Results 8,976 to 9,000 of 12727
    PROPER tiki torch use: maximum points.

Also, is this GOTOS, perhaps?
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    I’ll leave this here. Spotted on my morning dog walk Friday. Attachment 389255

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Love the leveling wedges under the rear tires so core
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Micol View Post
    cant remember where i saw this thing...looks cool...not a full blown earth roamer i dont think...its somethin tho

Attachment 389214
    GXV Turtle

https://www.globalxvehicles.com/turtle.html

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    For that matter, it’d be nice if Ford would sell us the midsized Transit van that is available in other countries.
    Shit while we’re at it, get Nissan to import the Urvan. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3362.JPG 
Views:	193 
Size:	203.7 KB 
ID:	389270

It’s impressive how ugly Nissan manages to make their vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    It’s impressive how ugly Nissan manages to make their vehicles.
    Its hard to believe that Lexus chose something as ugly as the distorted hourglass as a signature grill. Trying to outdo Nissan, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
    Starting at $360k!?!
    Still trying to wrap my head around their decision to put extremely difficult to reach storage over the cab instead of interior space/sleeping area. Beside that I see nothing to make it worth more than any other expedition vehicle except perhaps the totally unnecessary F550 (or Ram 5500). Would help for towing I guess but that doesn't seem to be a focus. They never mention towing capacity on their site and none of their adventure pics show them towing anything.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Starting at $360k!?!
    Still trying to wrap my head around their decision to put extremely difficult to reach storage over the cab instead of interior space/sleeping area. Beside that I see nothing to make it worth more than any other expedition vehicle except perhaps the totally unnecessary F550 (or Ram 5500). Would help for towing I guess but that doesn't seem to be a focus. They never mention towing capacity on their site and none of their adventure pics show them towing anything.
    maybe the box weighs a lot. whatever the case , i think i could remodel that much sq footage from ikea for like < $5,000
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Last night's spot. Woodstove as a viable option? Like those wall tent sized ones.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

^ fkna duder! hope you are enjoying it!

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Last night's spot. Woodstove as a viable option? Like those wall tent sized ones.
    Nice spot.

The $150 Chinese Diesel heater is pretty much the right answer anytime the question involves heating a vehicle. I can't imagine trying to find/carry/keep dry wood all the time and then having to wait 20 mins for the fire to really get going, then having to manage it constantly. Plus, how would you vent it?
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Ski RV's, who's sleeping in parking lots?

I’ve got a 5kw Chinese diesel heater I’m going to be moving on for pretty cheap. I decided a 2kw will be a better fit for my van. If a mag wants it, I’m in Spokane. Brand new never installed, just taken out of the package for predicting and measuring.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    X post from Tacoma thread. Reviving the Chinook!

Rad, but a huge missed opportunity by not using a Tundra.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Shit while we’re at it, get Nissan to import the Urvan. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3362.JPG 
Views:	193 
Size:	203.7 KB 
ID:	389270
    Bonertown. Shod with some BFGs and I'd rage that thing all over the west.

Yes, anything is possible. I have a 50cal ammo can wood stove next to the platform in the back of my 100-series cruiser. I’ve found that BBQ charcoal gets a good bed of coals and longer burns. Stovepipe provides much of the heat.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AFC2D8F3-D032-4ED1-AFD8-8B23790AC489.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	672.3 KB 
ID:	389573  

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    I’ve got a 5kw Chinese diesel heater I’m going to be moving on for pretty cheap. I decided a 2kw will be a better fit for my van. If a mag wants it, I’m in Spokane. Brand new never installed, just taken out of the package for predicting and measuring.
    I might be interested depending on when you unload. If shipping is crazy I could drive over from Bozo.

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    Yes, anything is possible. I have a 50cal ammo can wood stove next to the platform in the back of my 100-series cruiser. I’ve found that BBQ charcoal gets a good bed of coals and longer burns. Stovepipe provides much of the heat.
    That B-Vent? How does the liner hold up?
    www.apriliaforum.com

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    That B-Vent? How does the liner hold up?
    3" double walled pipe out through the plywood window insert with a silicone roof gasket as the outer seal. Pipe seems fine after a couple seasons of use (5-10 uses per year). Firebrick in the metal toolbox as a surrounding heat shield and also to try and store/hold some heat.

The thing with a mini woodstove is that there is little mass to hold and radiate heat.

Next addition would be a cold air intake to the front of the stove from the plywood window insert, making more of a closed system. Although cracking the opposite window works.

Sounds good, just curious if it was B-Vent which is aluminum core for acid resistance in gas applications.
    www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

For anyone interested in PORTABLE RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES...

PSA: $430 for a 720Wh EcoFlow River Pro, at Costco.com until 10/24/21
    https://www.costco.com/ecoflow-river...100716905.html

MY TAKE (based on both pre-purchase research as well as my own initial usage/testing):
    - impressively fast charging via wall outlet. (Mine charges as fast as advertised.)
    - good price
    - some good cables included
    - good return policy at Costco

but some cons...
    - During fast-charging mode, fan can sometimes get a bit loud. (So when I recharge inside a quiet public library, I will just be polite by sitting away from other people.)
    - When brand new, my fan blows out air that smells a bit bad like hot electronics...but I'm guessing it will smell better after more usage.
    - A reviewer measured this AC Inverter to be ~6% less efficient than the other strong competitors, so this "720Wh" is more like a "675Wh" by other strong competitors.
    - The claim of "1200W-1800W" is a lie. In reality, its steady-state max is always ~600W, but at least it succeeds at running many higher-power items. E.g. It runs my 1100W waxing iron and gets hot enough, but the unit's display proves that only ~600W is actually going into my iron. (A reviewer measured it a bit higher at ~750W, but not even close to the marketing dept's lie of "1200W-1800W".)
    - A few advanced features can be controlled ONLY on a smartphone, which wirelessly connects directly to the battery unit. (No Internet needed, but I don't like that those few features cannot be controlled directly on the unit itself.)

Overall, I'm happy with mine so far. Will be selling my used GoalZero battery, which charges much more slowly.

Last edited by Vitamin I; 10-21-2021 at 10:48 PM.
    - TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Which Goal Zero do you have? Might be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
    Which Goal Zero do you have? Might be interested.
    I am selling ONE used Goal Zero Yeti 200X (187Wh at 120W AC output, handles 200W surges) and also the extra accessory of a 120W wall charger (which charges twice as fast as the standard 60W wall charger). Impressively small and lightweight for its capacity.

On extended road trips last winter, my solution was to use 2 of these Yeti 200X's. Worked great, but now that I've switched to the EcoFlow River Pro, my recharging sessions will be less frequent AND shorter time duration...plus higher 600W AC output runs my iron and drill...but the River Pro is significantly bigger/heavier than 2 Yeti 200X's.

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

I think this is the type of setup I am gonna build. Mount the box to my hitch and then have the heat pipe run up to one of the side alu panels of the GFC. Instead of drilling a hole in the side panel.....which may not be the worst idea. I plan to make some kind of custom panel on that side under the factory panel. Open the factory panel and leave open all night with the secondary panel having a 3" hole for the heat pipe. Heat the lower part of the GFC and allow hot air to rise up into the tent area. That way the entire space will be warmed to dry out ski/hunting clothes that are hung up below. Warm area to make coffee in the AM, and hide out after skiing when it's hopefully still dumping balls.

I think this is the type of setup I am gonna build. Mount the box to my hitch and then have the heat pipe run up to one of the side alu panels of the GFC. Instead of drilling a hole in the side panel.....which may not be the worst idea. I plan to make some kind of custom panel on that side under the factory panel. Open the factory panel and leave open all night with the secondary panel having a 3" hole for the heat pipe. Heat the lower part of the GFC and allow hot air to rise up into the tent area. That way the entire space will be warmed to dry out ski/hunting clothes that are hung up below. Warm area to make coffee in the AM, and hide out after skiing when it's hopefully still dumping balls.

That sounds like it could work really well.

I’m sure you’ve seen these pre-built self contained Chinese diesel heaters. Puts all the components including the fuel tank in an enclosed metal box. I would do this prebuilt enclosed in a weatherproof box and then you’re only dealing with making ducting. I did take mine all apart and double checked all the connections and such when mine first arrived to be safe.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	38ABAD64-B093-44CF-AABD-1E094D121B4A.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	761.2 KB 
ID:	390027  

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    I’m sure you’ve seen these pre-built self contained Chinese diesel heaters. Puts all the components including the fuel tank in an enclosed metal box. I would do this prebuilt enclosed in a weatherproof box and then you’re only dealing with making ducting. I did take mine all apart and double checked all the connections and such when mine first arrived to be safe.
    Just came to the thread to find the posts on those cheeb diesel heaters. Not sure where id put the box though.
    Really like these ones total composites are using. Remote is wired into the camper and ez to pop the hose in the socket and i think i could have the unit in the truck box and access it through the trap door on the bottom wall of the truck camper. 1700cad though. Was hoping there was a similar fitting chinese knock off model. Thought i remembered them beinhg mentioned in here
    Camper has been great but the propane heater/furnace makes a racket and the pilot light isnt very consistent. It'd be nice to just use propane for the fridge snd stove top and heat the camper with diesel

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app