Page 342 of 510 FirstFirst ... 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 ... LastLast
Results 8,526 to 8,550 of 12727
    If ya squint, it’s mint!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post

The FWC is a 'tweener @ 7.5' and no pics of interior.

Lance looks like it might be a winner if you have a 3/4T or 1T to put it on.

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    If ya squint, it’s mint!
    That's the mid engine Previa, isn't it? What a weird choice to base that conversion on...
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    That's the mid engine Previa, isn't it? What a weird choice to base that conversion on...
    No it's a mitsubishi Delica

4237 Reynolds Alley Los Angeles, CA 90017
    Quote Originally Posted by new yabyum View Post
    Where is is it? I'm glad you had a cup and thanked him.....just a premonition.
    Great post! Thanks!

I don't know if this appeals to anyone being a trailer.
    https://seattle.craigslist.org/est/a...366641935.html

Does anyone have a Chevy Express or GMC Savana AWD? I found one on CL and I'm trying to figure out what a reasonable offer price is. My plan would be to run it as is all winter and then make any upgrades in the spring time.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/c...360750361.html

Dude, that’s pretty good deal on a pretty sweet van. I wouldn’t wait around on that. Quite honestly if it was on this coast I would’ve already snipped it from you. Good luck man.

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    Does anyone have a Chevy Express or GMC Savana AWD? I found one on CL and I'm trying to figure out what a reasonable offer price is. My plan would be to run it as is all winter and then make any upgrades in the spring time.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/c...360750361.html
    Yes. When I bought mine in 2016(?) most empty cargos in the 130K range were going for $11-$13K. My buddy sold his this summer w/175K for $34K I think - but it's the nicest express camper build I've ever seen. I have no idea what a reasonable offer is during the vandemic. The one you linked looks pretty decent, but it's a low bar considering people are tacking on $10K to the base price of the vehicle for shitbox 2x4 camper builds these days. I call BS on "well insulated" because you can still see all the structural members - ceiling only has about 1" of room max, and maybe 2" on the walls for insulation if you cover up the pillars - less if you don't (first time I've seen this). Otherwise swivels ($500?) and heater ($1k) are nice upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Yes. When I bought mine in 2016(?) most empty cargos in the 130K range were going for $11-$13K. My buddy sold his this summer w/175K for $34K I think - but it's the nicest express camper build I've ever seen. I have no idea what a reasonable offer is during the vandemic. The one you linked looks pretty decent, but it's a low bar considering people are tacking on $10K to the base price of the vehicle for shitbox 2x4 camper builds these days. I call BS on "well insulated" because you can still see all the structural members - ceiling only has about 1" of room max, and maybe 2" on the walls for insulation if you cover up the pillars - less if you don't (first time I've seen this). Otherwise swivels ($500?) and heater ($1k) are nice upgrades.
    Yeah, I'll have to see it in person to really evaluate the condition. It's a super minimal build, but the heater is nice and something I didn't want to have to fuck with as a newb. I like that it's ready to go right now. Overall, it seems like a really good platform to start from, but with the mileage I would kind or rather be spending <15k.

Yeah I'd buy it, if I needed a van. Chances are he'll get near, if not what he's asking. The risk is what's it going to cost to keep running not the purchase price. Going to need new rubber for sure and chains, probably brakes as well.

Quote Originally Posted by weibo View Post
    I don't know if this appeals to anyone being a trailer.
    https://seattle.craigslist.org/est/a...366641935.html
    Should come with a prison guard and a pay phone so your gal can put some more money on your books

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    The risk is what's it going to cost to keep running not the purchase price. Going to need new rubber for sure and chains, probably brakes as well.
    Two things it has going for it: it's not white so it's less likely to have been used as a tradesman vehicle - those ones get destroyed. Also the paint will not fall off when you spray it with water like the white ones. I've put 100K on mine and have done rear brakes, suspension, DS wheel bearing, and 5+ door handles. Transmissions are the weak point on these. My aforementioned buddy that just sold his did a transmission and much more.

Oh, AWD so chains are unnecessary IMO. I run snows in the winter because I tow, and have successfully busted 18"+ drifts in Idaho during "no winter maintenance" hours.

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Two things it has going for it: it's not white so it's less likely to have been used as a tradesman vehicle - those ones get destroyed. Also the paint will not fall off when you spray it with water like the white ones. I've put 100K on mine and have done rear brakes, suspension, DS wheel bearing, and 5+ door handles. Transmissions are the weak point on these. My aforementioned buddy that just sold his did a transmission and much more.

Oh, AWD so chains are unnecessary IMO. I run snows in the winter because I tow, and have successfully busted 18"+ drifts in Idaho during "no winter maintenance" hours.

I think it has a lot going for it, depends on the depth of pockets of the purchaser and the tolerance for pain. Hopefully it won't need a new timing belt and water pump, tranny overhaul, or other big ticket item. If things do start to go south the chances of recovering the outlays are probably going to be pretty good.

Ski RV's, who's sleeping in parking lots?

I’ve got a 2013 Chevy Express AWD and it’s great. Somehow I got mine at the Chevy dealer in Seattle during COVID for $13k. No idea how it stayed on that lot for 45 days. Stock it got 20 mpg on the interstate.

This one looks pretty nice and with the current market it’s probably priced right. The Webasto is a huge bonus.

Be ready for the transmission to go out at any moment though. The GM-4speed is about a 150k transmission. Luckily they’re pretty cheap and easy to rebuild. (Mine had all highway miles and went out at 159k even with regular servicing on the carfax)

There’s a massive thread on Expedition Portal specifically for the AWD models because there’s a lot of propriety parts compared to the other full size vans.

https://expeditionportal.com/forum/t...thread.137390/

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    I’ve got a 2013 Chevy Express AWD and it’s great. Somehow I got mine at the Chevy dealer in Seattle during COVID for $13k. No idea how it stayed on that lot for 45 days. Stock it got 20 mpg on the interstate.

This one looks pretty nice and with the current market it’s probably priced right. The Webasto is a huge bonus.

Be ready for the transmission to go out at any moment though. The GM-4speed is about a 150k transmission. Luckily they’re pretty cheap and easy to rebuild. (Mine had all highway miles and went out at 159k even with regular servicing on the carfax)

There’s a massive thread on Expedition Portal specifically for the AWD models because there’s a lot of propriety parts compared to the other full size vans.

https://expeditionportal.com/forum/t...thread.137390/
    How many miles did you buy it with? Also, is there a good site to watch dealer stock?

Yeah I did some basic research and understand the 4L60E is weak, but heard it can be upgraded to be much better?

What are my chances of getting a bank to finance this too…I can pay out of pocket but would prefer to put it on a 24 month installment.

How many miles did you buy it with? Also, is there a good site to watch dealer stock?

Yeah I did some basic research and understand the 4L60E is weak, but heard it can be upgraded to be much better?

What are my chances of getting a bank to finance this too…I can pay out of pocket but would prefer to put it on a 24 month installment.

Lots of auction sites have vans on them- seems to be a lot in the upper Midwest and the NE. JJ Kane has a bunch. I kept a search running full time on CarGuru, AutoTrader, and the National Craigslist apps.

I bought mine with 150k miles, transmission exploded at 159k, but it was rebuilt by a Spokane reputable shop for under $2000 including removal/install. The 4l60e gets rebuilt generally to a 4l65e spec which Includes way beefier parts and better clutches along with new solenoids. I’d plan on servicing it as soon as you get it, maybe you’ll get lucky and it’ll go a long time.

Overall it’s a great truck, I’d definitely go this route again. The AWD system is spectacular in snow, ran circles around my 4wd 4runnet even in highway tires.

If you’re in WA, WSECU is probably the best place to finance high miles vehicles (I researched a bunch as I was trying to buy a house at the same time as the van and needed to keep my down payment intact). My rate was under 5% and that rate went all the way up to 60mo.

According to the Car Wizard, don't get a GM 5.3L V8 that has Active Fuel Management, aka Cylinder Deactivation. Go to 11:40
    https://youtu.be/x6EfO7QE1k8

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    According to the Car Wizard, don't get a GM 5.3L V8 that has Active Fuel Management, aka Cylinder Deactivation.l]
    AFM was never in the Express vans.

From GM TechLink:

“Active Fuel Management (AFM) or Dynamic Fuel Management (DFM) is available on a number of recent GM models to help improve fuel economy, including 2014-2019 Corvette, Silverado LD, Sierra Limited; 2015-2019 Escalade, Suburban, Tahoe, Yukon; 2016-2019 CTS-V, Camaro; 2019 Silverado 1500, Sierra 1500; 2020 Silverado 2500/3500 and Sierra 2500/3500 models”

Well I saw the van, but I’m not sold. It’s from the east coast and the underside has a certain tint. It’s not awful, but not sure if it’s the platform I want to start from.

In addition, there’s been several mods like a switched out ignition unit to power the radio while off, etc. The current build is minimal but pretty nice for what it is, but I figure in a year I’d want to tear it all out anyways.

At <$15k I would strongly consider it, but I’m also not sure it’s the platform I want unless I find a super clean one.

I really like the T1N sprinters or just go and get a newer transit. Fucking around with a fiberine top isn’t really that much of interest for a van that will never be as good as a new transit (albeit at a much different price).

Another question - why not just get a Scamp or something? Are they really that much worse for winter ski parking lots?

Spotted. Earth cruiser!
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Well I saw the van, but I’m not sold. It’s from the east coast and the underside has a certain tint. It’s not awful, but not sure if it’s the platform I want to start from.

In addition, there’s been several mods like a switched out ignition unit to power the radio while off, etc. The current build is minimal but pretty nice for what it is, but I figure in a year I’d want to tear it all out anyways.

At <$15k I would strongly consider it, but I’m also not sure it’s the platform I want unless I find a super clean one.

I really like the T1N sprinters or just go and get a newer transit. Fucking around with a fiberine top isn’t really that much of interest for a van that will never be as good as a new transit (albeit at a much different price).

Another question - why not just get a Scamp or something? Are they really that much worse for winter ski parking lots?

How much was he willing to come down on the price?

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    How much was he willing to come down on the price?
    I didn't push him yet. He's motivated to sell, so I think cash in hand would be a strong factor for him. I feel like if I offered $15k he'd ask to meet in the middle. Maybe he'd come down to $16k-ish. But I didn't bother asking to start because I wanted to consider what I really wanted before making an offer.

ok , so this is off that seattle van cL listing... looks like a heat source. can anyone beta me up on how it works, and all the particulars...looks really interesting... any parts missing from pics? is this a brand? or.......

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	heat1.png 
Views:	134 
Size:	948.5 KB 
ID:	382816
    Name:  heat2.png
Views: 616
Size:  512.0 KB
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....