Page 245 of 508 FirstFirst ... 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 ... LastLast
Results 6,101 to 6,125 of 12695
    Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Ha! Those are great, I'm surprised Prowler wasn't in there though.
    My RV is called the Passport.

Your ticket to fun!

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    dudes life is about to get way more complicated that a climbing helmet..
    Ah yes. Good point. Definitely needs some kind of helmet pro

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Damn the astro tiger is perfection. Out of my price range by quite a bit though

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    The "anal" game has been around for a long time. You can't tell me that the people that name these things aren't in on it.
    https://imgur.com/gallery/5nKsc
    Saw a Cougar drive by today.

Astro Tiger is extremely cool (and in my town), but I think they hit the crack pipe a little too hard when they were pricing it. If you were going to drop $40k, you could just get this Sprinter: https://portland.craigslist.org/grg/...166485010.html That Sprinter has 10x more miles than the Astro, but diesel Sprinters run forever, right?

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    Saw a Cougar drive by today.

Theres an anal couger board member but he drives a solstice. An anal solstice is a daily event it would seem
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Astro Tiger is extremely cool (and in my town), but I think they hit the crack pipe a little too hard when they were pricing it. If you were going to drop $40k, you could just get this Sprinter: https://portland.craigslist.org/grg/...166485010.html That Sprinter has 10x more miles than the Astro, but diesel Sprinters run forever, right?
    I think the camperized nissan high top on pinkbike buy n sell was about that price and low mileage/edit- its sold

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    I knew all about the emissions control system nightmare on Sprinters, which is one reason I didn’t buy one, but that Craigslist ad refers to them already doing the $8k fix for emissions and battery issues. I guess that’s referring to parasitic battery drain issues? Didn’t know that was common w/ Sprinters. Wonder if it involves CAN Bus module.

Was out on the playa for a couple days trippin ballz with Punani and we met some wonderful ladies who were also trippin ballz and they have developed The Vanlife App after their careers doing van conversions in San Diego. It's beta now but once rolling should be good. Find a driveway, a yard, or whatever and also make some coin providing the same service(s) to other vanlifers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RV2.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	458.1 KB 
ID:	335607  

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Was out on the playa for a couple days trippin ballz with Punani and we met some wonderful ladies who were also trippin ballz and they have developed The Vanlife App after their careers doing van conversions in San Diego. It's beta now but once rolling should be good. Find a driveway, a yard, or whatever and also make some coin providing the same service(s) to other vanlifers.
    I have to ask why camp there? It just looks desolate. I admit cool to see, but damned just looks like a dust storm and sand/dust everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    I have to ask why camp there? It just looks desolate. I admit cool to see, but damned just looks like a dust storm and sand/dust everywhere.
    you answered your own question
    Hello darkness my old friend

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Cuz if you're tripping balls, wonderful ladies also tripping balls -- who happen to be successful entrepreneurs -- appear, apparition-like, out of the desert.

Wouldn't you??

[Sweet camp spot btw - pure playaaa]
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    you answered your own question
    yeah but you can find the desolation and a little something to look at like a lake or some trees...just seems like a spot id check out and drive past...different strokes...

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    We started playing that as kids on our long trips from Ohio to West Virginia probably 15 years ago. The parents weren't amused when they caught on.

Been on the road in the anal yellowstone for 9 days now. Working our way back to UT through SD right now.

Attachment 335423

I'll post more pics when I'm not sitting at a rest stop.
    hey can you stop for a selfie next to a bison?

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    splat misses the burn, he's entitled to do so

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    hey can you stop for a selfie next to a bison?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4861.JPG 
Views:	192 
Size:	310.3 KB 
ID:	335629

Name:	IMG_4862.JPG 
Views:	193 
Size:	167.0 KB 
ID:	335630

Just for you. The wife insisted on driving around to look at them yesterday. Told her now she doesn't need to go to Yellowstone.

Has this been posted?

Because when I win the lottry...

Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Meh. Like many commercial van builds, they use a ton of plywood rather than the lighter/thinner modern options, and they’ve overlooked the realities of 4 season use in terms of water storage / plumbing. For example, rather than Euro plug and play technology from Webasto that monitors temp and heats and circulates water in the main tank while you’re skiing in Colorado on a long and cold pow day, they just stuck in a tank with zero thought. Also the finished build has a ton of exposed sheet metal they didn’t line or insulate. Not a real 4 season design.

Most US RV industry is oriented toward KOA campground types so you end up with designs that fail the 4 season skier / climber / tgr dentist, especially when it comes to water and plumbing.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Meh. Like many commercial van builds, they use a ton of plywood rather than the lighter/thinner modern options,
    What are these modern options of which you speak? Genuinely curious.

Meh. Like many commercial van builds, they use a ton of plywood rather than the lighter/thinner modern options, and they’ve overlooked the realities of 4 season use in terms of water storage / plumbing. For example, rather than Euro plug and play technology from Webasto that monitors temp and heats and circulates water in the main tank while you’re skiing in Colorado on a long and cold pow day, they just stuck in a tank with zero thought. Also the finished build has a ton of exposed sheet metal they didn’t line or insulate. Not a real 4 season design.

Most US RV industry is oriented toward KOA campground types so you end up with designs that fail the 4 season skier / climber / tgr dentist, especially when it comes to water and plumbing.
    All that, and the builder is some kind of pygmy who stands up in there and sleeps crossways as though a normal-sized person could fit in there at all.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

FWIW I totally agree. Also too much hype over features available in any medium or better quality RV. When he was talking about the engine heated water heater it reminded me of the ' genuine Casio' scene from Trains, Planes and Automobiles. Motoraid heaters have been around for many decades.

Nothing wrong with a good playa camp. A couple of beers getting to the spot, a bowl and good red while cooking dinner and watching the dog figure out the planes and speed racers, and a night cap of bourbon.

I dig the desolate playa.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5084.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	402.8 KB 
ID:	335684   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5088.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	241.1 KB 
ID:	335685   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5067.jpg 
Views:	1130 
Size:	181.1 KB 
ID:	335686  

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Fun game I just learned: put the word ANAL in front of the RV name. ANAL explorer. ANAL scout. ANAL solitude.
    I have been in Missoula for a week and seen so many different rigs including earth roamers. Also saw a full 18 wheeler type tractor pulling an rv trailer.
    I am in the ANAL outback.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    I’m currently looking at “anal Sandstorm.”

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Nothing wrong with a good playa camp. A couple of beers getting to the spot, a bowl and good red while cooking dinner and watching the dog figure out the planes and speed racers, and a night cap of bourbon.

I dig the desolate playa.
    Reminds me a little of this photo I took:

Name:	144943080012-Edit.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	885.9 KB 
ID:	335707

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    Looks like this was built for the Japanese market and either diverted or reimported at some point.
    Attachment 335550
    https://portland.craigslist.org/clc/...166785311.html
    Whoa, looks like a bidding war has started. I wonder what it will sell for

Name:	2BE312B6-628B-43D6-A9F9-97C0663A1BAD.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	394.4 KB 
ID:	335825

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post

Name:	IMG_4861.JPG 
Views:	192 
Size:	310.3 KB 
ID:	335629

Name:	IMG_4862.JPG 
Views:	193 
Size:	167.0 KB 
ID:	335630

Just for you. The wife insisted on driving around to look at them yesterday. Told her now she doesn't need to go to Yellowstone.
    let her out to play. she'll learn one way or another.