Page 42 of 510 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 12727
    from Rideski:
    "
    Yes, but just not sure why anyone would invent a heater that does not work above a certain altitude, or that is not certified to be safe while sleeping. Cheaper materials and avoiding litigation is what I am guessing. Read quite a while and never found the answer.

It has something to do with air pressure and possible propane leak and fire .
    Nothing that can use up all the oxygen is safe for sleeping either,so you need some kind of ventilation.
    And of course CO can kill you also,and a CO alarm is cheap

Hayduke Aug 7,1996 GS-Aug 26 2010
    HunterS March 17 09-Oct 24 14

does anybody have tips on keeping the windshield from being coated in frost in the morning. I was thinking one of those foil bubble things for keeping the sun out
    "make it snow you fuck"
    -Mikee, every single morning

Looking for half a pair of 188 tahoes

Reflectix and some velcro.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    FTW.
    I cut mine to shape and a little bit oversized so I can jam it in place in the door/window frame, they stay in place just fine.
    Does a good job of holding the heat in. You can literally feel the heat being sucked out through the glass when you pull them down.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    ^This. Plus, a thermal curtain snapped between the cab and the coach will assist. Also, as mentioned before, leave a vent ajar for your exhalations to escape.

I have a curtain and all other windows have foam board plugs. Its just a pain in the ass to scrape frost off the inside so im gonna look for some reflectix today
    "make it snow you fuck"
    -Mikee, every single morning

Looking for half a pair of 188 tahoes

Quote Originally Posted by boltonoutlaw View Post
    Happy to report that the FLTLNDR easily maintained 62 degrees inside when temps fell this week to 5 degrees overnight in Montana. Factory-installed propane furnace for the win.
    boltonoutlaw.....do you need to have a log-in to view your blog....I click on your posts and don't see anything?
    "Wherever beer is brewed, all is well. Whenever Beer is drunk, life is good" -- Czech proverb.

Quote Originally Posted by LT View Post
    boltonoutlaw.....do you need to have a log-in to view your blog....I click on your posts and don't see anything?
    I'm lazy, there's only photos most of the time. Same here at FLTLNDR Tumblr.

Quote Originally Posted by haydukelives View Post

It has something to do with air pressure and possible propane leak and fire .
    Nothing that can use up all the oxygen is safe for sleeping either,so you need some kind of ventilation.
    And of course CO can kill you also,and a CO alarm is cheap
    I'm over it, but just to explain for anyone looking to buy: I was hoping to buy one of the smaller cheaper units to try it out, but the problems are as written. Solution is just to buy a bigger better unit. The one I linked a few posts ago is certified to work at 12,000 feet, and is certified safe to run while sleeping.
    Cost difference ~ $100 vs ~ $200/$300 = not that big of a deal, I'll just get the better one.

Hey boltonoutlaw, what size of PV panel do you have on your roof, 180W? How's it handle your battery setup in the winter?

Cheers!
    I eat, I sleep, I ski.

Quote Originally Posted by Trefmawr View Post
    Hey boltonoutlaw, what size of PV panel do you have on your roof, 180W? How's it handle your battery setup in the winter?

Cheers!
    I've been having no problems, that is, until by grace of Ullr 2 feet of the white stuff fell on the panel last week in Bozeman. Had to sweep it off. Not a chore that bothers me one bit.

The author of this article states that the stock panel is 55w. I am surprised. I thought it was twice that, at least.
    Here is the link to the article (I've included as you might find some good info there), and salient comments below:

http://www.tosimplify.net/2011/09/he...2b-review.html

The Mark 15 is probably fine for the purposes of the meager 55 watt solar panel that came standard on the Chinook, as a setup that small isn't good for much other than keeping the house batteries from dying while the rig is in storage. Since upgrading my solar capacity to 180 watts a few months ago, however, I've become increasingly aware that the Mark 15's rather simple functionality was never fully charging my batteries.

Ah k, I thought it was home built like mine will be. I counted 33 wafers and thought they might be your standard 3.5W per wafer but I guess not. Possibly due to older panel construction? Either way, every little bit helps~!

Jealous of your Montana Madness
    I eat, I sleep, I ski.

Quote Originally Posted by Trefmawr View Post
    Jealous of your Montana Madness
    Ha ha, don't be. I'm a Montana noob, and will probably get run out of town by spring.

Here's a short video of the inside I took with my phone:

Interior Vid
    I eat, I sleep, I ski.

Not sure if this is the right place to post, but I´ll try anyways.

Me and some friends are going to USA and Canada around new years eve for skiing, and we will probably rent an rv.

But, how does it work? Do you park the car at the parking lot by the slopes, or do you need to check in at campgrounds many miles away from the resort?

Also, do you recommend renting an RV, or rent a car and stay at hostels and motels? (We´re planning to follow the snow and good conditions)

Tell me if i should post it anywhere else.

Thanks,
    Paul, Norway

I'm officially joining this thread. I have a Ford Ranger that I'm putting a small popup camper on. If anyone has any leads on a CO based camper please post em up. I found some Supersprings that I'm picking up on Friday and I'm looking for a good cheap tie down system. I'm checking out a camper on Saturday out in Kearsy.

Welcome Paul.

First things first... We need the mandatory (but rarely provided) nekkid pics of you gf/wife.. Alternately your sister or Mom. In the event you are gay (not that there's anything wrong with that) you are exempt fro this requirement.

BIW then, your question... I am not sure if it is in this thread if if there is a seperate thread but there is a list of resorts that allow over night camping. The list includes important restrictions, conditions, etc @ each resort.

Maybe one of the regulars in this thread will post a link if you're lucky.

Otherwise, SEARCH FUNCTION, JONG!
    "Those 1%ers are not an avaricious "them" but in reality the most entrepreneurial of "us". If we had more of them and fewer grandstanding politicians, we would all be better off."
    - Bradley Schiller, Prof. of Economics, Univ. Nevada - Reno.

Quote Originally Posted by flatNshallow View Post
    In the event you are gay (not that there's anything wrong with that) you are exempt fro this requirement.
    Did you just make up that rule? Its bullshit.

sent from the future using my mind powers
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Yeah, seriously. I don't give a fuck if he's gay. I still want to see nekkid pics of his gf/sister. She can be gay too for all I care. Nekkid chicks is nekkid chicks.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

Hey, thanks.

First things first, here is a picture of my naked wife, - or actually wives, as in Norway polygamy is still allowed.

Second, found this thread: http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/a...?t-170106.html

Thanks for kicking me the right way.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen shot 2012-11-18 at 9.39.50 AM.png 
Views:	427 
Size:	630.9 KB 
ID:	126342
    the surf and rescue van. the dream is alive and SWELL!

I just installed some Supersprings on my Ranger. The next step is a tie down system. Does anyone have any experience with the Brophy HSSF tiedowns?
    Here is a pic
    http://www.etrailer.com/Merchant2/gr...u38729_800.jpgClick image for larger version. 

Name:	qu38729_800.jpg 
Views:	1345 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	126343

Quote Originally Posted by soylent green View Post
    I just installed some Supersprings on my Ranger. The next step is a tie down system. Does anyone have any experience with the Brophy HSSF tiedowns?
    Here is a pic
    http://www.etrailer.com/Merchant2/gr...u38729_800.jpgClick image for larger version. 

Thats what I use for a 8 ft pastime hard side. I have no complaints and im sure they would suffice for your set up.

Thanks Trapp. I'm gonna go this those. I'm headed up to see an older Palomino today.

Quote Originally Posted by soylent green View Post
    Here is a pic

Not exactly those, but tried a similar set -- they just didn't fit over the bed rails on my truck. I think the set I had was for an older truck (or different body style). If you can test-fit them before purchase, might want to do that.

From what I could tell, the Brophy clamp-on HSSF ones should be OK for a light camper (4WC or ATC), but anything heavier + dirt road usage = may not be strong enough.

I went with Happijac tie-downs, with the spring-loaded front turnbuckles + rubber cushioned rear turnbuckles. We mostly camp off dirt roads, and there's a lot of flex & bouncing around with the loaded up camper. The Happijac tie-down bar (in the front of the truck bed) has 2 adjustable bumps that keep the camper centered in the truck bed and don't let it shift side-to-side when offroad. I have very little side-to-side clearance between my camper and wheel wells on the truck, so I need the camper to be almost perfectly centered.

The other main tie-down system out there is Torklift, which is a lot burlier and heavier than Happijac, and about twice the price. It also hangs down fairly low. I think the Torklift system is a good choice for a big hardside camper, e.g., something with a slideout, mounted on a dually. For smaller/lighter campers, it's overkill.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.