Page 24 of 508 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by n_waggoner View Post

Home sweet home.
    When it was parked in Vail, I noticed the grass addition that you added to it. Pretty funny. Glad you got a tranny in it.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathVan View Post
    That wall is located in Juneau very near to Eagle Crest (the local ski hill) it is MASSIVE!
    -here's another pic (I've posted it before)
    WOW....That wall o' skis brings back fine memories!!!

My sister skied the K2 710 Comps, so did my mom....my dad did his thing on the Olin Mark IIIs and IVs....My brother rocked the Dynastar Omeglass ('cept I can't tell if those gold Dynas are Omeglasses or not...his were black and orange)....and I, at various times, skied the Atomic ARC Bionics; the Elan RC 08s; the Kastles (my Kastles were shitty); a short stint on Blizzards that were the spitting image of those on the wall; the Volkls upper left. My K2 KVCs aren't up there, though...fucking bastards!

Lots of Heads on that wall.....never skied on a tennis racket.

Fine skis all! (well, at least most). You can't even give non-shape skis away anymore....but they make fine benches!

--
    "The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possesive love that grabs at what it can." by Yann Martel from Life of Pi

Posted by DJSapp:
    "Squirrels are rats with good PR."

If only it were this easy to build a cool RV:

I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

Quote Originally Posted by FJ62 View Post
    Probably lousy in cold weather but I saw this Sprinter conversion parked across the street from my office and had to take a photo of it. Too cool...

For some odd reason, that thing reminds me exactly of a cicada. Hopefully it doesn't make noise like a cicada, then it would be hard to sleep.
    "The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possesive love that grabs at what it can." by Yann Martel from Life of Pi

Posted by DJSapp:
    "Squirrels are rats with good PR."

You'll find me sleeping in a tree well 1/2 way up the mountain...

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/rvs/2636744056.html

I have this same unit that I am about ready to convert... I would take this one if I had the cash flow.

Kootenay 4x4 van...

http://nelson.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehic...AdIdZ317783580

Also, I think I have a lifted Ford-Pathfinder camper conversion as a neighbour. Pretty sick rig.
    Life is simple. Go Explore.

Quote Originally Posted by That was Pontus View Post
    In 2013 this can be imported & registered in the USA. Just sayin'...

Mike,

Just saw the 33-mile bus pics, Oh Hell Yeah!!

Looking forward to some bus-brews this spring (....pow skiing too)

Hope the honeymoon's as fun as Kodiak was this summer

Quote Originally Posted by montanamike View Post
    so I had to leave the RV in montana because it wasn't running just right, and it was going to be -40 in canada. I got to haines with no place to live. the boss says i can live in this bus at 33mile if i fix it up. I put in an oil drip furnace and a toyo stove, built a bedroom in the back, built a dinette, put in a counter and sink, and now its a pretty nice living space.

Holy Shit. A maggot needs to buy this thing:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/rvs/2645203988.html

By the beginning of October 2011 there will be an end to our great journey through North America. Many good experiences we have seen with our MAN 630. Our converted army truck will have driven 40000 km in North America. From Halifax to Vancouver and from Phoenix to Alaska. The truck was converted in Belgium and adjusted to a robust, self maintained mobile home.

The vehicle is temporarily imported and insured in North-America (including Canada and Alaska).
    The delivery of the vehicle occurs in Las Vegas or any other town agreed upon.

A new 'original' engine was installed. Brakes were replaced, axes were opened and examined. We didn't have any problem up till now.
    The truck is fully equipped. There is a kitchen with two burners, a bathroom with shower, toilet and sink, a dining table with fixed benches and two bunk beds. Only in a few minutes, the dining table and overhead storage area can be converted into two extra beds.
    There is hot and cold water in the kitchen and bathroom. Hot water is made with the radiator circulation and a boiler.
    Above the fridge (standard) and a pantry is a large spreadsheet.
    3 solarpanels, 2 x 12 volt batteries and the necessary converters provide enough power for the refrigerator, the lights of the interior and all electronic equipment for charging.
    Indoor, all lights are at 220 V and a separate 'spare' circuit is on 12 V.
    The front cabin is equipped with specially laminated and colored glass. On the cab are two extra headlights.
    The after part of the truck is a large storage area. Spare parts are stored in that area.
    The truck has three fuel tanks by a pipe system connected. A total of 1300 liters of fuel can be transported.
    Many kilometer of gravel slipped under the wheels of the MAN. An important asset is the use of high wheels, so high ground clearance is obtainded. That is why we often camped on not so obvious and harder to reach places.
    His frontal view is so special that it is an attraction for everyone. People spontaneously discover and want to know more about the vehicle and the passagers.
    Campsites are only neccesary to save fresh water or discharge dirty water.
    Our house stock is included.
    Our MAN truck has a 220 volts socket outside, with a special adapter the whole electrical installation can be put on 110 volts.
    The truck has a 6 cylinder multifuel engine and a switchable 4x4 system. The gearbox is equipped with a low and high speed mechanisme, each with six gears.
    On the roof are solar panels, 2 spare wheels and the water tank. There is still enough room for extra luggage. By the end of our trip, the truck will have 200000 km on the odometer but the motor will only have 40000 km...
    Interested or would like more information contact us
    Holds 340 gallons of fuel? Dang, you could stay out a long time on that.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

SOLD. This vehicle has SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by boltonoutlaw View Post
    27500 is what I have in it. Open to offers.
    FYI: Both of the Chinook Concourse motorhomes are the same model year 2000 built on a 1999 Ford E350 Super-Duty chassis. The difference between the two is that FLTLNDR™ features the XL package, i.e., leather seats (instead of cloth), an oven (instead of a cupboard), a Beverage Mate console (instead of a stock engine cover), and a rear-view backup camera & monitor. In addition, an aftermarket Yakima Space Bin has been installed. In all other respects the two campers are identical.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinecure View Post
    Holds 340 gallons of fuel? Dang, you could stay out a long time on that.
    Awesome, probably works out to a range of 1,200 miles. Only $1,350 to fill it up, just over a buck a mile.

Water tank on the roof --> better think of another way to shower when you're at the resort this winter. Awesome rig though.

We just rebuilt a 2002 Chinook for Mountain excursions..

Nice. If you are looking for more work can you please send me a quote for building that same rear bumper and roof rack combo for my Chinook? It's in Eugene. Where are you guys?

Quote Originally Posted by FreshPow View Post

Nice. If you are looking for more work can you please send me a quote for building that same rear bumper and roof rack combo for my Chinook? It's in Eugene. Where are you guys?
    Actually, the fine folks at Aluminess in Santee, CA fabricated the custom bumpers. There is another Chinook on their website with custom ski holders on the bumper. They probably will be customizing a new roofrack/ladder as well, since my SO is very dissatisfied with the one you see in the picture (and the guy who did the welding!).

If you have the same model Chinook as one they have already fabricated, they may be able to do the same for yours and you can have a local shop install (they are aluminum so very lightweight).

PM me if you would like more detailed contact info...

Ha ha. I had a feeling it might be a job by Aluminess. My budget just doubled

Nice work on the bumper. And from here the roof rack looks fine. Will you be selling it once it's removed?
    Will PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FreshPow View Post
    Rebuilt? Do you do full resto's, motor work?

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    Rebuilt? Do you do full resto's, motor work?
    Nope, just a hobby. Found this 2002 with only 35K miles on it this year for a rockin' deal in norcal, but it needed quite a bit of work, although the engine and RV structure were a great starting point. New skin, new solar, new interior electronics (it had a VCR and one of those big cube things with a glass window...I think they used to call them tube TVs?). New springs, a lift, new tires, a detroit locker, bumpers, rack, HVAC all went into it. New doghouse console, some carbon fiber interior dash accents, fender flares and new LED lighting. The interior could use some updating (its got sort of a grandma baby blue and oak feel to it) but it works for now. Next we'll pull out the carpet and put a more rugged floor in to handle the wet boots, mud, etc. and reupholster the seating, but that is on the back burner for now. The custom welding, skin, and the lift/locking diff was subcontracted out, much of the rest we did on our own, and the bottom line would pleasantly surprise you. Its been a fun project.

I guess you could say we "refurbished" or "restored" this...maybe rebuilt was wrong choice of words. It has been a lot of work, though!

And from here the roof rack looks fine. Will you be selling it once it's removed?
    Yes, we are selling it. I think it looks fine, too, but SO is weird perfectionist. "It wasn't what he had in mind".

PICS! Sounds like a sick rig!
    I eat, I sleep, I ski.

My home from home up at Glencoe Scotland. This season there's talk they're putting in power hook ups.

ahh the 'Coe! Fond memories of that place.
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

Alright bitchez! Picking my Tatou tracks up tomorrow. Not sure if they will go on the Samurai, or if I'll buy a UTV for them. Either way, I'm going to also get a 12x12 canvas hunters tent and I'll have a portable yurt system that I can haul wherever the hell I want via Samurai or UTV.

Bold.