Page 85 of 510 FirstFirst ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,125 of 12727

Picked up a 1998 Subaru Legacy Outback with 65k miles for a cool $2500. Oil leak keeps me honest. Cold. Sleeps two. A hell of a good time.

This is pretty sweet and "affordable"! I wish he posted more pics.

http://denver.craigslist.org/rvs/5373435611.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dtimms View Post
    This is pretty sweet and "affordable"! I wish he posted more pics.

http://denver.craigslist.org/rvs/5373435611.html
    That looks like a winner. The two pics posted look clean. 4wd, winch, banks....PSD maybe? If it's a 7.3 that's sweet. The only problem is that it's in Denver which is close which meakes me actually want it......

That looks like a winner. The two pics posted look clean. 4wd, winch, banks....PSD maybe? If it's a 7.3 that's sweet. The only problem is that it's in Denver which is close which meakes me actually want it......
    If I didn't need my truck as a daily driver, I would sell my truck and get this. But I do like having the ability to take the camper out and have a vehicle. I hope someone awesome buys this camper!

Quote Originally Posted by GPP33 View Post
    Looks like a 6.8l v10.

Quote Originally Posted by kai_ski View Post
    Looks like a 6.8l v10.
    Not a bad alternative at all, especially if the thing is always up in the mountains.

As for that IDI 4x4 van, wouldn't be a thing to swap a PSD in there.

Those motors ain't cheap though.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Quote Originally Posted by Tryingtostaywarm View Post
    Not a bad alternative at all, especially if the thing is always up in the mountains.

As for that IDI 4x4 van, wouldn't be a thing to swap a PSD in there.
    You're right. The V10 is a better motor for winter camping, forgot how much PSDs hate starting when they are cold.

Ski RV's, who's sleeping in parking lots?

You're right. The V10 is a better motor for winter camping, forgot how much PSDs hate starting when they are cold.
    An Espar hydronic system would cure that, plus provide real winter camping capability by allowing you to add heat loops for the holding tanks and plumbing.

There is little information provided in the listing on that particular rig though which is a little odd in my experience.
    Hard to say how it will present in person, especially at the starting price listed.

I've heard this too but my personal experience with the 7.3, and those of my direct friends with that engine says otherwise. Mine starts up no problem in cold weather, even when not plugged in.

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    I've heard this too but my personal experience with the 7.3, and those of my direct friends with that engine says otherwise. Mine starts up no problem in cold weather, even when not plugged in.

All hearsay for me. The blue oval guys always seem to be jellouse of my CTD's cold start prowers though.

I recently did glow plugs on my 7.3 and it starts in the cold a good bit better than it used to. But it still grumbles when it's really chilly out. Gassers never give me any shit on the same days and same temps.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Someone needs to buy this for a conversion. With the Canuck peso what it - a mercan can probably pick it up for a six pack
    http://www.repo.com/listing/view/461...x%20Cube%20van

Quote Originally Posted by LHutz Esq View Post
    Someone needs to buy this for a conversion. With the Canuck peso what it - a mercan can probably pick it up for a six pack
    http://www.repo.com/listing/view/461...x%20Cube%20van
    2wd blah.

There is nothing wrong with the Ford V10's. I switched back to a gasser from a Cummins 12v this year and I'm glad I did. Once you start playing at altitude(8k+feet) and in the single/negative temps, starting issues arose. I ran into a big issue with gelling up after my truck as did my friend who had a 03' 7.3PSD sitting for 12+ hours at -15 or so. Took me about 30 minutes to get it to start to turn over, my buddies PSD was about the same time and that was with a brand new 1000cca battery + new grid heater on my end. Not possible to plug it in cause we were camping. Now, I can go to the mountains and my ford(5.4) will turn over in about .3 seconds. As Alpen mentioned, yes there are ways to remedy this but just additional money to spend on already expensive trucks.

Only problem I have with them is the mileage.

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    Only problem I have with them is the mileage.
    No doubt about that. 10mpg w/ the veeten all day long essentially, unloaded.

Quote Originally Posted by SkeezeBall View Post
    Saw this beaut in steamboat this weekend.
    Here's the inside/build page. Cozy as F.
    http://www.doityourselfrv.com/diy-tr...le-ski-chalet/

^^ Nice find

That was a good read.

Quote Originally Posted by AlpenChronicHabitual View Post
    An Espar hydronic system would cure that, plus provide real winter camping capability by allowing you to add heat loops for the holding tanks and plumbing.
    Awesome! I've been dreaming of building a slide in for my truck and thought it'd be sweet to have this exact type of system, just wasn't sure what it was called so I could google it.

I was thinking about setting it up to have in floor radiant heating that would run off engine coolant while driving so it would be nice and warm when I get to my destination then a system like this to keep it warm and warm the engine/fuel lines/fuel tank when it's time to leave.

Here's a Tiger CX in Denver

1992 Chevrolet K2500 Regular Cab
    5.7 Liter V8
    Shift-on-the-Fly 4wd
    Mileage: 102,390
    Extendable Towing mirrors
    Cab step rails
    Michelin LT225/75R16 M/S Tires
    AM/FM stereo with in dash tape deck
    All-weather floor mats
    20 feet in Length

Coach Features:

Interior height -- 6'1"
    Coach battery: Interstate Marine/RV deep cycle battery
    Suburban furnace with wall thermostat
    Two Fantastic 3-Speed power vents with rain sensors
    2 innerspring double beds (over-cab is 80 x 50 and folding couch is 74 x 45)
    50 lb / 14.4 gallon LP gas tank
    Domestic RM2310 3-way refrigerator (110v/12v/Propane)
    Propane range (4 burners) with oven & hood
    3 gallon Propane water heater
    33 gallon fresh water tank
    Toilet Bathroom includes toilet and shower

Great camper, unfortunately our family has grown and we need to look at a larger RV. We will be very sad to see the Tiger go.

I wouldn't know...

Here's something interesting, but needs some work on the rear: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/o...ationFlag=true

Parting out this 1978 Toyota Chinook Newport, Runs and drives but the previous owner apparently backed into something and had it parked because of that for a number of years.