Page 43 of 510 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 12745
    Quote Originally Posted by boltonoutlaw View Post
    The author of this article states that the stock panel is 55w. I am surprised. I thought it was twice that, at least.
    Here is the link to the article (I've included as you might find some good info there), and salient comments below:

http://www.tosimplify.net/2011/09/he...2b-review.html
    that was an eye opener. I have 4 golf cart batteries and 2 panels on the roof and it doesn't do much in the way of charging. He recommends better wiring so i will yank the 12 awg and replace with 8. Ditch the mark 2o for one of the modern controllers and move it from next to the fridge to above the battery bank and reduce the length of the run by 1/2.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Not exactly those, but tried a similar set -- they just didn't fit over the bed rails on my truck. I think the set I had was for an older truck (or different body style). If you can test-fit them before purchase, might want to do that.

From what I could tell, the Brophy clamp-on HSSF ones should be OK for a light camper (4WC or ATC), but anything heavier + dirt road usage = may not be strong enough.

I went with Happijac tie-downs, with the spring-loaded front turnbuckles + rubber cushioned rear turnbuckles. We mostly camp off dirt roads, and there's a lot of flex & bouncing around with the loaded up camper. The Happijac tie-down bar (in the front of the truck bed) has 2 adjustable bumps that keep the camper centered in the truck bed and don't let it shift side-to-side when offroad. I have very little side-to-side clearance between my camper and wheel wells on the truck, so I need the camper to be almost perfectly centered.

The other main tie-down system out there is Torklift, which is a lot burlier and heavier than Happijac, and about twice the price. It also hangs down fairly low. I think the Torklift system is a good choice for a big hardside camper, e.g., something with a slideout, mounted on a dually. For smaller/lighter campers, it's overkill.
    I think I'm going with the small buttons that bolt directly to the frame and bumper. These are what my local RV dealer reccomended.

I just nabbed this torklift set up on cg - is super beefy for sure. Hope to have the TC rolling soon

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3G83I63Mc5L45Gf5Efcb97f71691895dd1092.jpg 
Views:	397 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	126380
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

I just went to a see a Palomino that I found on craigslist today. The should have been paying me to take it away. GHETTO! I guess I need to be patient. IF anyone has a line on a CHEAP popup that will fit a Ranger let me know.

Here's what Ill be camping inClick image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1354404750.418422.jpg 
Views:	371 
Size:	156.3 KB 
ID:	126837
    My 1980 Vanagon pop top camper. Sleeps 4. Has all the amenities and is just plain rad.

Quote Originally Posted by soylent green View Post
    I just installed some Supersprings on my Ranger. The next step is a tie down system. Does anyone have any experience with the Brophy HSSF tiedowns?
    Here is a pic
    http://www.etrailer.com/Merchant2/gr...u38729_800.jpgAttachment 126343
    My tie downs are attached to the frame. I wouldn't attach a camper to sheet metal if you do any kind of off road driving. I also have a 1/2" rubber mat under the camper to keep it from moving around.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

^^^second that - just picked up some used torklift front and rear tiedown mounts off cg - excellent deals if you can travel around for. Over two week period I found torklift superhitch and truss and front and rear tie down mounts for 5 hundo - can't wait to mount the camper up and park it at a trailhead.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

Quote Originally Posted by NoPostholio View Post
    ^^^second that - just picked up some used torklift front and rear tiedown mounts off cg - excellent deals if you can travel around for. Over two week period I found torklift superhitch and truss and front and rear tie down mounts for 5 hundo - can't wait to mount the camper up and park it at a trailhead.
    Picked up a nice Sunlite for my Ranger today. TR to come soon.

Rocking a 91 northern lite. Coming out of Yellowstone NP last week the crosswinds almost blew us over. Holy shit that was scary. Passenger side suspension was completely compressed, the front of the camper slid 2" to the right. I kept turning with the wind, but you only have so much shoulder to work with. Pretty sure the only thing that kept us on all fours is the heavy ass diesel engine. The semi behind us was in bad shape as well. Down the road was another truck camper upside down on the side of the highway...

In other news the wave 3 heater and forced air furnace keep the camper toasty enough to dry out ski gear.

Heading to to Winterpark / Copper and or Loveland this weekend for the maiden ski voyage this weekend.
    Just hooked up the solar panels and looking forward to testing them out. Still need to get the rocket-box mounted along with a couple other tweaks.
    Anyone else headed up?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Camper.JPG 
Views:	111 
Size:	147.4 KB 
ID:	127343  

Quote Originally Posted by danadog View Post
    Heading to to Winterpark / Copper and or Loveland this weekend for the maiden ski voyage this weekend.
    Just hooked up the solar panels and looking forward to testing them out. Still need to get the rocket-box mounted along with a couple other tweaks.
    Anyone else headed up?
    I'll be up Friday and Monday at Lvd. Picking up my new camper in FOCO on Sunday. Can't wait.

nice popup danadog

our palomino is still going strong.

the best resort lots we've staying at are crystal and baker.

but, it is hard to beat the eastern sierra for camp sites.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	778114000_3EyEf-L.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	166.7 KB 
ID:	127346   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	777845675_BB8Cx-L.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	116.1 KB 
ID:	127347  

Quote Originally Posted by soylent green View Post
    I'll be up Friday and Monday at Lvd. Picking up my new camper in FOCO on Sunday. Can't wait.
    Congrats on the new camper! I will keep an eye out for ya. Where are planning on parking at Lvd?

I'll be up at WP all weekend and would love to check out the rig.

Quote Originally Posted by danadog View Post
    Congrats on the new camper! I will keep an eye out for ya. Where are planning on parking at Lvd?
    Front Row Baby! Grey Ranger with an older popup.

PJ's, How'd you light the trees in the 2nd pic?
    "Those 1%ers are not an avaricious "them" but in reality the most entrepreneurial of "us". If we had more of them and fewer grandstanding politicians, we would all be better off."
    - Bradley Schiller, Prof. of Economics, Univ. Nevada - Reno.

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Did you just make up that rule? Its bullshit.

sent from the future using my mind powers
    I guess I did, and you're tight, it is bullshit.

I take it back.

There. All better.
    "Those 1%ers are not an avaricious "them" but in reality the most entrepreneurial of "us". If we had more of them and fewer grandstanding politicians, we would all be better off."
    - Bradley Schiller, Prof. of Economics, Univ. Nevada - Reno.

3/4 ton with helper springs, beefed up tranny, turbo Cummins for full speed ascents of mountain passes. Just picked up a new pop top for it.

Someone buy this so I'm not tempted to sell my new truck and camper just to snag this.

Name:	3Mc3J13H45Lc5E75M2caf08b7b85b699c134d.jpg 
Views:	808 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	127647

http://rockies.craigslist.org/rvs/3341377368.html

Trackhead, Nice looking rig.
    I missing my Cummins.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockband View Post
    Someone buy this so I'm not tempted to sell my new truck and camper just to snag this.

Name:	3Mc3J13H45Lc5E75M2caf08b7b85b699c134d.jpg 
Views:	808 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	127647

That looks like a pretty good deal.
    With some good mods too...
    FWIW, IMO, being able to crawl into the back without having to go outside is pure gold.

Our CX...

^^^agree 100%.spent most of last season in my truck camper. 2 weeks in and I wished I had a pass through from the front cab. Nice set up .

Is there someone in the area who has a little mechanical knowledge that would be willing to check this out for me?
    This might be exactly what I'm looking for!
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by AlpenChronicHabitual View Post
    Trackhead, Nice looking rig.
    I missing my Cummins.

That looks like a pretty good deal.
    With some good mods too...
    FWIW, IMO, being able to crawl into the back without having to go outside is pure gold.

Our CX...
    Pimp. Any interior pics?

This is my first post on this forum, I am just mellowing out here at home watching the Rolling Stones Live on the Sandy Benefit and I can't believe how old Mick looks! Well any way I have been poaching parking lots for 32 years, figured it out back in the late 70's that the only way I would get to ski all the places I heard about would be if I could drive there and stay in the parking area. Whoa Mick can't jump anymore!!! I guess that old saying is true. Well back to sleeping in parking lots, I started with a early 70's class A Titan 26 feet long and after many cold and frozen nights learned how to make that old machine stay toasty warm and give a warm shower in the morning. I taught 4 kids how to ski and survive in a motor home in all the crazy parking lots from Maine to California, ask me about the night at A Basin when the thermometer bottomed out! We had so many great experiences and my kids still talk about the adventures they had and now they have their own children to share a whole new world of parking lot camping with. Yes we still do it, now it is in a more comfortable coach, but it still is the greatest sensation being able to follow the powder and wake up in some of the most beautiful parking lots in the country.