Page 183 of 510 FirstFirst ... 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 ... LastLast
Results 4,551 to 4,575 of 12727
    Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    ^^^
    I was going to say oral surgeon, but YMMV...
    Pretty sure they don't bother with rv's. They just buy a house wherever they're traveling to.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Pretty sure they don't bother with rv's. They just buy a house wherever they're traveling to.

Exactly
    So who is buying 150k sprinters?
    My guess is millennials that consider it a “tiny house” rather than a depreciating asset
    . . .

Lol. I know of more SoCal doctors than millennials who own ridiculous sprinters. Gotta have 4x4 for the Baja roads and sandy beach parking lots.

I need one to get home. Everywhere else we go 2wd would be fine

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Reconsidering selling my van. Just finished an 8 day trip, skied seven smaller ski hills, overnight temps below 0 a couple nights, ski hill parking lot super moon views, 13.5 mpg, two hot springs, many new breweries, no issues parking at the resorts, and finally made it back to the single T bar hill I learned to ski at. First night down by the river about 30 minutes from the hill. Look at all those wickets not on the Ikon list.
    I love your van.
    it's bad@ss but also low key and also could kind of be a church van so you get left alone
    skid luxury

this guy is macgyver, worth the watch. surprised more people don't scoop these up to retro since they are plentiful and cheap.

^^^^ pretty sweet.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1764.JPG 
Views:	175 
Size:	226.6 KB 
ID:	273496
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1704.JPG 
Views:	171 
Size:	211.2 KB 
ID:	273497Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1586.JPG 
Views:	174 
Size:	228.0 KB 
ID:	273498

Just spent two weeks chasing good weather in AK with some old friends. I think I could get used to camper living
    the best skier is the one having the most fun------DC

This is my dream machine I think,
    Name:  ED0FB2C2-793B-4D31-ACDF-F66BF98CF27B.jpeg
Views: 1934
Size:  41.3 KB
    https://tucson.craigslist.org/rvs/d/...817854981.html

That is a great looking rig.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Yeah that thing looks cool. I guess those little rigs are pretty common in Japan. I saw some cool mini class c type things when I was in Ireland too. That’s the kind of thing we need here

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    How much was that thing new?

$51k for a gas v8 with 176k on the odo seems steep. Nice looking rig though.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    That looks rad for sure. And actually seems like a decently good deal, although I don't really know anything about '91 Isuzu reliability.

The Isuzu Trooper doesn't exactly have a sterling reputation for reliability, but otherwise it is a better value than most.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Izusu diesels are allegedly reliable if you got a line on parts/service. They're also old and underpowered. Those jdm rigs are also made for hobbits. Everyone always says how cool they are. I agree they LOOK cool, but I'd like to hear from people who actually use the fuck out of one, preferably with at least one adult male within 1 standard deviation of average height.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

$14k for a 28 year old Isuzu? Wtf
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    How much was that thing new?

$51k for a gas v8 with 176k on the odo seems steep. Nice looking rig though.
    It is a Thor Majestic 19G that has been upgraded to 4WD. It looks like a former rental unit from Cruise America. They rent them and sell used RWD ones.
    https://www.cruiseamerica.com/buy-us...kNumber=191405

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    $14k for a 28 year old Isuzu? Wtf
    Have you looked at what people are paying for 35 year old VW Vanagons lately?

The Vanagon thing blows me away. I think GoWesty is to blame for creating the $80k synchro Westy market. I believe they sell them to people, then buy them back after they do their bucket list Instagram trip.

I have had an '85 Vanagon for 15 years, and a '72 before that, both of which I lived in for periods. They are cool, but not exactly paragons of modern technology. At this point my VW is chilling in the back yard, appreciating.

I bought my '82 Winnebago Brave about 12 years ago, lived in it for a few, and have recently gutted and rebuilt the whole interior. It's a much more comfortable and easy to work with platform than a van, for sure. Plus I paid $5k for it way back when. It has broken down twice in 50k miles. Once was The injector pump ($75 on ebay), and then the trans went out ($200 in parts and about 12h of my time to drop and rebuild). The only downsides compared with a Sprinter, IMO, are that it's wider and harder to park, and that it gets 13mpg (but I can buy a lot of fuel with the savings). 4wd would be nice, but it does really well with chains and even without, and again, more money for traveling....

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

I would love to have a E350 4x4 van. Then, I realize I can build diesel truck with hardside camper for about $30k less and that idea goes away.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryingtostaywarm View Post
    I would love to have a E350 4x4 van. Then, I realize I can build diesel truck with hardside camper for about $30k less and that idea goes away.
    yep... I can also stand up in my camper without having to cut the roof. No doubt sportsmobile, et. al, are cool as fuck, but bang vs buck kept pointing back to camper and truck. -Rhymenocerous

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    yep... I can also stand up in my camper without having to cut the roof. No doubt sportsmobile, et. al, are cool as fuck, but bang vs buck kept pointing back to camper and truck. -Rhymenocerous
    For sure. Not to mention I can take the camper off in about 15 minutes and have a vehicle that's actually useful for things other than sleeping.

Alright, reality check.

Have a 04 Tundra Access Cab 4x4 V8. 3" front lift (upgraded shocks and springs), 1.5" add-a-leaf rear lift. Could add airbags if needed.

Looking at a 2014 Outfitter Caribou Lite 6.5 that popped up on local craigs. Looked at it last night, it's in great shape (two relatively minor issues that I should be able to address myself). Will come with Torklifts made for my truck (current owner has a first gen Tundra as well).

Not a terrible match for the truck, right? Anyone have any horror stories about Outfitter? Heard the old owners had bad CS, but the company is under new ownership as of January, so current CS is a wildcard regardless. Anyone have bad things to say about build quality?

The used market for more common aluminum framed popups is goddamn ridiculous. For FWC people are asking and getting just a couple thousand off brand new price for campers that are 5-10 years old.

https://expeditionportal.com/look-ou...t-van-in-2020/

Of course I just took delivery of three Transit 350HD's at work and this news comes out. AWD would've been ideal, but the RWD+Nokians are ok. Transit AWD + EcoBuust + Nokians = winter crusher.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    https://expeditionportal.com/look-ou...t-van-in-2020/

Of course I just took delivery of three Transit 350HD's at work and this news comes out. AWD would've been ideal, but the RWD+Nokians are ok. Transit AWD + EcoBuust + Nokians = winter crusher.
    I remember the rumors. Glad to see they're true.

I wonder why Ford won't do the factory diesel 4x4 if Quigley already does? Maybe they will eventually?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk