Page 420 of 507 FirstFirst ... 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 ... LastLast
Results 10,476 to 10,500 of 12666
    Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    https://www.winnebago.com/models/pro...s/class-c/ekko

I put a deposit on an EKKO last May for estimated delivery in mid 2023. Ford Transit cut-away chassis with AWD HD 350 dual rear wheel chassis with GVWR of 11k lbs. with the same twin turbo 3.5 V6 that's in the F150.
    Looks like you could store 2 MTBs in that rear cargo hold in the Ekko?

Amusing but not surprising that the Revel is $200k. Makes the Ekko look like a bargain lol. I remember when the Revel retailed for 125k but hagglers could get it for $100k new.

Speaking of van pricing, the new and used prices are definitely dropping. A lightly used AWD transit or sprinter with a quality buildout is asking $25k less than a few months ago. Another trend I see at the industry shows is the number of converters offering or only offering Transit builds has gone way up, as expected, with the 2” lifted AWD platform becoming ubiquitous.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    You absolutely can stealth camp in a wedge camper if you want to.

I specifically built the storage cabinet in my Superpacific to double as a stealth sleeping platform for times I can't pop up the camper top. The fridge is mounted flush (or close to it) with the rest of the cabinet. I use my 2" thick inflatable backpacking pad and sleeping there is actually really comfortable aside from lack of airflow. I just have to remember not to try and sit up in the night : ). Have used it a few times in urban areas and never been hassled. There is room for the MTB along the left side with front wheel off. My truck has a 6ft bed. Wouldn't work so well with a short bed.

I met a guy up in WA a few weeks ago who lives out of his Tacoma with GFC full time and claims he pops the camper up all the time in Seattle and has never had an issue. Got the impression he arrives late and leaves early, but still that takes some balls. Although with the homeless encampments that are allowed to persist there maybe a lone truck camper is low on law enforcement's priority list.

Sweet. Curious about your build out. Looks nice. Issue for me is routinely removing everything in the bed to load lumber/tools. I'd like to get something set up a little better for winter storm chasing. I have a diesel heater I am going to rebuild into a smaller box etc. The GFC forums have so many different builds that I really don't know where to begin.

I spent a lot of time looking at builds in forums while waiting for my camper to be built. So many cool builds out there and some that are way over the top. Ultimately you have to stop looking at them, evaluate your own needs and how much $$/effort you can put into it and build something to meet those needs. I kept mine simple as possible. Lots of people go overboard starting with a base plate that everything gets bolted to, fridge sliders etc because that's what everyone else has. My cabinet just sits on the bed mat and is bolted to the side bed rail in a couple spots and the front rail in one spot. It's super solid but easy to remove when I need the bed empty. Only thing that takes time is disconnecting the wiring to battery and solar components in the left hand compartment. All I really needed was some storage for food, a place to put water jugs/shower system and mount my fridge. I had to leave room to be able to have one bike inside plus a bit of room for other stuff. So far this setup has been perfect for me and I've made minimal changes in the last year. Feel free to ask any questions, I'll try to help with whatever I can.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Looks like you could store 2 MTBs in that rear cargo hold in the Ekko?

Amusing but not surprising that the Revel is $200k. Makes the Ekko look like a bargain lol. I remember when the Revel retailed for 125k but hagglers could get it for $100k new.

Speaking of van pricing, the new and used prices are definitely dropping. A lightly used AWD transit or sprinter with a quality buildout is asking $25k less than a few months ago. Another trend I see at the industry shows is the number of converters offering or only offering Transit builds has gone way up, as expected, with the 2” lifted AWD platform becoming ubiquitous.
    Yes, two bikes will fit in the EKKO's rear cargo hold.

There have been price increases in Aug, 2021 and 2022. I got a notice at the end of August of a $16,800CAD price increase. $14,800CAD was from Ford and $2,000CAD from Winnebago. With my delivery date estimated to now be less than a year away, my Winnebago dealer has come up with a future price increase cap of $11,909Cad.

I had to put down a $20k deposit, fully refundable up until my unit actually begins production.

In less than 2 years since it has come out, the EKKO has become Winnebago's most popular Class C motorhome as it is aimed at skiers and other non camp ground, boondocking 4 season customers.

At the opposite end of the spectrum from $200,000 "camping" rigs:

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post

Seems legit. And hey, there's a pass-through!

Starlink now only works when stationary: https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/sta...in-motion-use/

I’m not a Musk fan but he’s been pretty open about this solution being a complement to, not a replacement for, cellular internet. His satellite coverage will continue to be focused on the poorly served rural areas.

That is amazing.

I wasn’t sure where to put this one, but spotted it a few days ago and figured you guys would enjoy it
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1664810091.330122.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	428521
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Starlink now only works when stationary: https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/sta...in-motion-use/

I’m not a Musk fan but he’s been pretty open about this solution being a complement to, not a replacement for, cellular internet. His satellite coverage will continue to be focused on the poorly served rural areas.

My friend who lives in the rural california redwoods bought it and doesn't have enough open sky above his house for it to work, and he can't return it. I'm guessing camping in the woods won't work with Starlink, too. So as you said, a compliment, not a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    My friend who lives in the rural california redwoods bought it and doesn't have enough open sky above his house for it to work, and he can't return it. I'm guessing camping in the woods won't work with Starlink, too. So as you said, a compliment, not a solution.
    Sounds like user error. From what I understand, you can transfer the service if the account is in good standing. RV use is a perfect application, I’d park on the south side of a lake in the woods and have clear Northern sky.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Sounds like user error. From what I understand, you can transfer the service if the account is in good standing. RV use is a perfect application, I’d park on the south side of a lake in the woods and have clear Northern sky.
    I don't know the details of his situation nor do I really care to find out, but if you are saying transferring service is the only option if it doesn't work in your area, sounds exactly like un-returnable to me.

Anyone have a tiny house they want to make mobile?

Here’s your solution; https://gcsurplus.ca/mn-eng.cfm?snc=...los&saleType=A
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

Expensive af but looks like a pretty nice Promaster build out.

https://helena.craigslist.org/cto/d/...537121936.html

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Saw this today.

Name:	PXL_20221005_152109821.MP.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	428882

The guy's youtube channel showed up in my feed a while back. He said he paid $3k for it as-is. Plus a bunch of cash I'm sure to make it usable. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaHn...ab_channel=Mav

https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/7540499159.html

Sounds like a Fair price for a 4x4 conversation.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Spotted in the Mad River Valley. Fairly rare and interesting camper.

Name:	20220926_133207.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	812.7 KB 
ID:	428894

Name:	20220926_133215.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	817.4 KB 
ID:	428895
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

i wonder what’s in the trunk? seems a little small for your standard dead hooker…

Anybody got $350k laying around for a super cool truck camper? They don’t finance.

Name:	BAF64503-B20E-41B6-912B-070AAFE00914.jpeg 
Views:	157 
Size:	231.5 KB 
ID:	429338

https://www.truckhouse.co/

wow. That includes the price of the tacoma which you have to purchase separately (and looks to go for about 50k). That means $300k for the shell and the few suspension upgrades that come with the base package
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

^ insane. You can build a way better insulated one for 20k I'm materials plus the rolling chassis. Ppl are wack.

In

I saw one of those Truckhouse things on 395 yesterday and thought "Huh, is like a little Earthroamer". Nearly as expensive, too.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

some say… you get what you pay for, so more money means it’s more better, right?

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Aren't most Earthromer builds around 750k to start? That does include the F450 base though I'm pretty sure.