Page 219 of 510 FirstFirst ... 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 ... LastLast
Results 5,451 to 5,475 of 12727
    Quote Originally Posted by riff View Post
    I’ve considered an ambulance as well; unfortunately I work in EMS so I’d be inclined to nuke it from orbit with something really vigorous before before I’d be comfortable calling it a living space.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Other entities that use and might sell off a 4x4 conversion are municipalities, utility operators, FedEx, transit companies. I’ve seen Quigleys being used by all of them around here.

Just dug our Quigley Transit our yesterday after 2 months:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4737.JPG 
Views:	339 
Size:	218.6 KB 
ID:	309795

Wait...is that some type of humble brag that you haven't used your campervan in 2 months? I'm so confused by this van stuff, I thought they were for driving around and sleeping in?

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Wait...is that some type of humble brag that you haven't used your campervan in 2 months? I'm so confused by this van stuff, I thought they were for driving around and sleeping in?
    Ha! Better than parked in an overpriced motel in Bozeman...oh wait..

my old rig, I miss it alot but the new england salt took everything from me.
    Name:  IMG-0305.JPG
Views: 1361
Size:  138.1 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-0275.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	1.70 MB 
ID:	309821
    Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    Heh, I wish my Tiger had Hyperdrive.

Quote Originally Posted by wckdmediocr View Post
    my old rig, I miss it alot but the new england salt took everything from me.
    Name:  IMG-0305.JPG
Views: 1361
Size:  138.1 KBClick image for larger version. 

Views:	186 
ID:	309821
    That's the shittiest fucking ski rv I've ever seen. You are going to need something stronger than the case of beer to survive sleeping there in the open bed.

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    That's the shittiest fucking ski rv I've ever seen. You are going to need something stronger than the case of beer to survive sleeping there in the open bed.
    Just wrap a blue tarp over the top of the ski racks, and done!

#vanlifejealousy
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Just wrap a blue tarp over the top of the ski racks, and done!

#vanlifejealousy
    Tuck a Heater buddy there inside the tarp with you and you're good to go.

Ha, nice try. It’s a cargo van used for work. Just hasn’t been moved, that’s all.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Ha, nice try. It’s a cargo van used for work. Just hasn’t been moved, that’s all.

So you haven't worked in two months and you're bragging about it in the RV thread? You been off camping in your other van? You should AirBnB that thing. I'm good for $25/night.

heh

My camper got kicked into the grass with the slow season start. Bot time to remount.

Moar campers in the snow you fools. We lack.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200109_162525.jpeg 
Views:	256 
Size:	138.5 KB 
ID:	309918

So you haven't worked in two months and you're bragging about it in the RV thread? You been off camping in your other van? You should AirBnB that thing. I'm good for $25/night.
    jfc foggy... it's not my van, i don't/wont own a van and def not bragging. I manage the vehicle as part of my role at the school I work at. We use it to take kids into the outdoors. I've posted about the van before here because it's a cool 4wd eco-boost transit that would be sweet if someone was a vanlife person. What brings you here?

Are you new here? If you are looking for intelligent adult discourse you are in the wrong place. That said, I can't believe the school transports kids in a cargo van. Are you sure the the school board doesn't lend it to the coyotes to pick up the next load of house cleaners and nannies for Chet and Buffy up in the RFV? If it is for the kids, mad props...a few bean bags and some Capris Suns...that's old school. I'm sure they can't wait for the outdoors to open again so they can go on another trip.

Why am I here, I like RVs, vans and the adventures that skiers take in them.

Ski RV's, who's sleeping in parking lots?

Quote Originally Posted by riff View Post
    Ok, after running all the mental exercises, maybe, just maybe a 4x4 van makes more sense for my next rig than a 3/4 ton longbed truck. Or maybe not. But can we talk about it for a minute? Id love these three things,in order of importance, but not a sprinter:
    4x4, diesel, high roof.
    Any factory domestic 4x4/awd vans i need to know about? I did a quick look for a chevy express awd, not many out there. Occasional Fords, but are they all aftermarket 4x4? Not much else.
    Aside from a 4x4 short bus, which would suck for fuel economy, any ideas?

I’m going the opposite direction. A truck with a slide in camper is basically two vehicles in one. A van that’s set up for camping (I have a converted Astro) is a camping rig. Plus vans suck to work on. Everything is tucked in tight. For $900 I’d buy that Toyota rv is it was local

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    wasnt really a parking lot rig, i replied with a quote to a couple of mags comparing bed cross-bar setups with ski racks and boxes on them, not sleeping rigs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post

That's a nice set-up. I see what you mean by the home-brew bar mounts. Good work.

I have something similar on my truck...

Attachment 309374

Attachment 309375
    Click image for larger version. 

Views:	165 
ID:	309981Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-0294.JPG 
Views:	172 
Size:	214.1 KB 
ID:	309982

heres my old bed bar setup. the cross bars and clamps were meant for and 80 something volvo 740, so i made something that they could attach to out of aluminium I beam and clamped those to the bed rails with bed cap clamps.

Quote Originally Posted by wckdmediocr View Post
    wasnt really a parking lot rig, i replied with a quote to a couple of mags comparing bed cross-bar setups with ski racks and boxes on them, not sleeping rigs.
    and ive appeared to have to quoted the wrong reply

Quote Originally Posted by pyromaniacman129 View Post
    That seems like a screaming deal if it's mechanically sound. Too bad I don't have an extra $9k floating around.

Quote Originally Posted by pyromaniacman129 View Post
    ^ both rad options. But the question: do you go the less-sweet and less-stealthy truck camper route and have the option of dropping your load and having a serviceable vehicle, or do you go full van-mode and haul your crib along on every grocery store run

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    That seems like a screaming deal if it's mechanically sound. Too bad I don't have an extra $9k floating around.
    What Dan said ^

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Are you new here? If you are looking for intelligent adult discourse you are in the wrong place.
    Paging Greg to the white courtesy phone. Greg from Alpine Zone to the white courtesy phone, please.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    I’m going the opposite direction. A truck with a slide in camper is basically two vehicles in one. A van that’s set up for camping (I have a converted Astro) is a camping rig. Plus vans suck to work on. Everything is tucked in tight. For $900 I’d buy that Toyota rv is it was local

For sure. I’ve been on the camper program for a while, and after looking at crazy overpriced van options for a few days it’s more likely I’ll stick to trucks.

However, I did just turn up a 3/4 ton gmc savana with a Quigley 4x4 for reasonable price. Not local though...
    Furthermore, surprising to see awd Express vans getting 17-18 mpg, highway. Not bad.

Gravity always wins...

Somebody needs to take that $900 Sunrader, rip out the old chassis and mount it on a modern truck chassis.

Ski RV's, who's sleeping in parking lots?

“somebody” can’t afford to do that quite yet

do you think I could put that on my F150?
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.