Page 184 of 510 FirstFirst ... 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 ... LastLast
Results 4,576 to 4,600 of 12727
    Any MRG, Sugarbush beta or recs?

I kinda like the gas option.
    Mercedes diesel only is great for highway trips, but sucks for short town trips.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    I kinda like the gas option.
    Mercedes diesel only is great for highway trips, but sucks for short town trips.
    Why that perspective?? Cost?, Smell,? Acceleration?

Let me get my popcorn for a diesel versus gas truck discussion.

Btw Ford specifically said the AWD transit (not 4x4) will be gas only for the US, not diesel. The option is now turbo or not turbo engines. Of course turbo is the only answer unless you are a cheap dumb dumb not driving over mtn passes.

Might be different rationale, but I try to avoid short trips in diesel because I've been told it's not great for the motor. From a practical standpoint, you wouldn't be working it hard enough for the emissions controls to work.

Speaking of emissions controls, modern diesels don't smell. Really shocked by the total absence of diesel smell with my rig. Only thing we notice is DPF if I'm letting it idle for a few minutes after rallying up the mountain. Never get that put-putting around town. That said, if you only put-putting around town, eventually my truck would want to force you to sit through a regen. Never happened to me though. Haven't even been aware of a regen in 5k miles.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Let me get my popcorn for a diesel versus gas truck discussion.

Btw Ford specifically said the AWD transit (not 4x4) will be gas only for the US, not diesel. The option is now turbo or not turbo engines. Of course turbo is the only answer unless you are a cheap dumb dumb not driving over mtn passes.
    Diesel vs gas debate seems to have died down a lot. As a diesel owner, I acknowledge the superiority of gas on many aspects of truck/van camping. Coulda gone either way and been happy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

A lot of our local shuttle companies have switched to the gas Transit because they are so much cheaper to maintain than Sprinter. I'd guess they'd go with the AWD when it is available too.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Any MRG, Sugarbush beta or recs?
    Last I knew MRG didn’t mind if you just parked in the lot and slept as long as you didn’t get in anybody’s way. It’s been a couple years and I just have a pickup with a cap, nothing conspicuous, but I don’t imagine that has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    The Vanagon thing blows me away. I think GoWesty is to blame for creating the $80k synchro Westy market. I believe they sell them to people, then buy them back after they do their bucket list Instagram trip.

I have had an '85 Vanagon for 15 years, and a '72 before that, both of which I lived in for periods. They are cool, but not exactly paragons of modern technology. At this point my VW is chilling in the back yard, appreciating.

I bought my '82 Winnebago Brave about 12 years ago, lived in it for a few, and have recently gutted and rebuilt the whole interior. It's a much more comfortable and easy to work with platform than a van, for sure. Plus I paid $5k for it way back when. It has broken down twice in 50k miles. Once was The injector pump ($75 on ebay), and then the trans went out ($200 in parts and about 12h of my time to drop and rebuild). The only downsides compared with a Sprinter, IMO, are that it's wider and harder to park, and that it gets 13mpg (but I can buy a lot of fuel with the savings). 4wd would be nice, but it does really well with chains and even without, and again, more money for traveling....

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
    Like this maybe? -36k for a 1990 and doesn’t even have a propane stove
    https://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/c...834266613.html
    Name:  55F34F8B-B3F6-4562-9934-2F7FB921C233.jpeg
Views: 987
Size:  42.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    Like this maybe? -36k for a 1990 and doesn’t even have a propane stove
    https://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/c...834266613.html
    Name:  55F34F8B-B3F6-4562-9934-2F7FB921C233.jpeg
Views: 987
Size:  42.1 KB
    BUT it looks coooool on Instagram!

But seriously: one of these days, the bottom will fall out - both the Vanagon market and most Vanagon floors.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    BUT it looks coooool on Instagram!

But seriously: one of these days, the bottom will fall out - both the Vanagon market and most Vanagon floors.
    Fucking tiny home millennials propping up the camper van market
    . . .

Fucking NIMBY baby boomers not allowing any affordable housing to be built within a 25 mile radius of their 3500 sq.ft. gated community suburban McMansions fucking up the real estate market.
    FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by Tamburello Rouge View Post
    FIFY
    Well played, my millennial friend

And yet, there is a huge difference between real estate and a depreciating car
    . . .

Including the cost of entry.

Not a millennial. I’m actually a forty something homeowner and a landlord. I just see what’s going on around me here in the Bay Area. The younger generation isn’t living in vans because they want to. Many don’t have much of a choice.

Van>under bridge

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Anybody looking for a slightly used Travato, PM me. A friend in Phoenix is selling this beauty; good deal too:

Name:  IMG_0778.JPG
Views: 727
Size:  183.5 KB

hilarious!

Great take down. I hope that's guys next lyft passenger pukes in the car. Maybe it's happened before and that's another reason for the candle?

Where are some good places to park a van in summit county next week? My buddy whose place I was going to stay at has the flu and I want nothing to do with the flu.

Quote Originally Posted by AKPogue View Post
    Where are some good places to park a van in summit county next week? My buddy whose place I was going to stay at has the flu and I want nothing to do with the flu.
    The first pullout just up the pass from Keystone usually has a bunch of folks camped there. The trailhead parking in Frisco near the second exit can be another option for short stints.

PM that kind of beta please. We don't need every internet detective seeing where we camp please.

PM that kind of beta please. We don't need every internet detective seeing where we camp please.
    yeah they sound like super off the beaten path secrets....

go on now

Sorry I think that is a reasonable request. If you don't know those spots then just leave your opinion at the door. There are not many spots in Summit County.

Blow me. Try not to use your teeth now baby.
    somebody is a baby here...its the one complaining about giving away secrets right off the main road....

ill give ya a hint...these were never secrets.