Page 328 of 508 FirstFirst ... 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 ... LastLast
Results 8,176 to 8,200 of 12695
    According to Google
    https://www.cars.com/research/ford-f...0/specs/11196/
    Payload is 1639lbs so just scraping under it dry with 1537.
    Maybe with some HD leaf springs it could go, but probably just try and find something around the 1250lbs if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    I thought that Rose thing was a parody. Is it not?
    no it’s for sale locally
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    According to Google
    https://www.cars.com/research/ford-f...0/specs/11196/
    Payload is 1639lbs so just scraping under it dry with 1537.
    Maybe with some HD leaf springs it could go, but probably just try and find something around the 1250lbs if possible.
    There is another 500lbs of stuff to add to dry weight of the camper.

Yeah, you can call your local spring shop for info and prices. The work I'm having done is about $550(parts and labor), the shop I'm using is connected w FWC so I'm pretty certain I'll be safe w whatever they've recommended. Plus mine is a pop-up so the center of gravity is lower than a hardside which reduces sway and is better in crosswinds.

Crossposting in case anyone is shopping and wants a 3/4 ton right now, cheap, ready for a slide in camper:
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...0-4WD-longbed?

I've gotten a crazy number of responses already - I listed it on Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace two hours ago. I expect it'll be sold by Tuesday.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Link was gone by the time I clicked. How much was asking if you don't mind sharing?

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

Link was gone by the time I clicked. How much was asking if you don't mind sharing?
    I think this FB link will still work. Details and photos, which admittedly, I took to make it look as good as I could.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...0501859673450/
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    This is pretty sick. If it was taller inside that would really make it amazing I would think.

https://bozeman.craigslist.org/rvs/d...344107880.html
    I don't get it. Why convert a van with a service body to 4x4 when you can buy a truck and put a service body on it?

Also $49k for anything with a 6.0 in it is a lot to risk IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    I don't get it. Why convert a van with a service body to 4x4 when you can buy a truck and put a service body on it?

There does at least appear to be a pass through into the cab, although it doesn't look particularly functional.

+100. Exactly. Cool build, I guess. Seems to be a solution in search of a problem?

Also a lot of money.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

how much did the 2nd owner buy it for used and how much would be buying a truck and putting a service body on it?

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I think this FB link will still work. Details and photos, which admittedly, I took to make it look as good as I could.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...0501859673450/
    Great looking truck!

Better driving position and shorter overall length than a truck with the same body. I still wouldn't pay $49k for that, even in this time of ridiculous markups I think there are still more functional options for the same or less money.

Anyone know anything about these? Model says Bigfoot C9.5 DLX.
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...8363782143990/
    Something seems a little off to me on the dry weight at 1135lbs / 534 Kgs. Seems ultra light for a 9.5 foot

That does seem off. My 8.5 northern lite is 1200lbs with less in it

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

I've seen 2 with the same sticker now.
    At first I assumed it was 1135kgs, but the math checks out on 534 1135 converted.
    I just can't really find any info out there on them

Something seems a little off to me on the dry weight at 1135lbs / 534 Kgs. Seems ultra light for a 9.5 foot
    Bigfoot were never known for making lightweight campers, so add about 700-800lbs making it just under 2000lbs would be my guess. I would also guess that the camper is sitting on a 3/4T truck.

Yeah all their 1500 series which is their lightest weight ones are north of 1500lbs so I was kinda shocked.

Just speculating, but I wonder if they pulled the weight off the camper's tag, but confused the dry weight with the camper's capacity. Which would mean that camper can hold 1135lbs worth of stuff, which seems about right.

But yeah, a quick google search puts those campers in the ~2300 lb ballpark (dry). Do-able on some 3/4 tons. Definitely would be happier on a 1 ton.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 12.31.43 PM.png 
Views:	123 
Size:	217.8 KB 
ID:	378453

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Just speculating, but I wonder if they pulled the weight off the camper's tag, but confused the dry weight with the camper's capacity. Which would mean that camper can hold 1135lbs worth of stuff, which seems about right.

But yeah, a quick google search puts those campers in the ~2300 lb ballpark (dry). Do-able on some 3/4 tons. Definitely would be happier on a 1 ton.
    I think the sticker says Camper mass with standard equipment, and possibly is just totally out to lunch?
    Both the guys I talk to assure me it is fine for a 1/2 ton though they both have on long box 1 ton. I think I've given up on finding camper with shower etc that will fit on the 1/2. its either buy a new truck or a smaller camper now

I think the sticker says Camper mass with standard equipment, and possibly is just totally out to lunch?
    Both the guys I talk to assure me it is fine for a 1/2 ton though they both have on long box 1 ton. I think I've given up on finding camper with shower etc that will fit on the 1/2. its either buy a new truck or a smaller camper now

Same story here, no trucks around so I went w the FWC Hawk model for my 1/2T PU. Even that requires a bit of a suspension upgrade.

The shower is exterior and no toilet. Should be fine for starters and if we like it we can always optimize the next setup to our specs.

I looked and looked for another vehicle but I just hit the road like this. 4 people for the first month, then two people for the second month. Rides a bit low when loaded. Money saved on sprinter/truck will be spent on more frequent motels and burritos.
    One bike already stolen while pumping gas in broad daylight. Cable lock cut. I just spent money on a few kryptonite cables and master locks for the remaining bike. My son and I take turns riding, which sucks because riding together was such a joy ass he is finally able to keep up. If the prices ever come down and I get a van or truck, bikes/skis will go inside. It's a pain with the roof basket because I don't like leaving gear in there over night so I pull it down and chuck it in the back seat if I stay at a friend's or a motel.
    Consider that when choosing a vehicle: gear inside. I have to say it confuses me when I see a high dollar high roof lifted 4*4 sprinter with the $$ bike on a hitch rack. Just showing off?
    I have a longer highway leg coming up and will try to take apart my bike and jam it in the roof box.
    I also sleep in this in the winter. Next vehicle I want to be able to sit up inside in the back.
    Happy trails this summer!
    Last edited by jhyatt; 07-02-2021 at 04:30 AM.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    This is pretty sick. If it was taller inside that would really make it amazing I would think.

https://bozeman.craigslist.org/rvs/d...344107880.html
    I am going to be hitting refresh on this thread all day, watching for WRG posts. My closing is today in a few hours, and I know he is chomping at the bit to get his commission $$$$. I’m happy for him, dude is a real professional who made me a shitload of money. I look forward to seeing him post up some nice pics of whatever he buys.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters