Page 302 of 510 FirstFirst ... 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 ... LastLast
Results 7,526 to 7,550 of 12727
    Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Minivan now has running water because well fuck it.

Nice work! Running water is super luxurious.

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    Nice work! Running water is super luxurious.
    Sure is. The main concern now will be using water conservatively. No fancy battery setup, just a Goal Zero knock off and a foldable 100w panel for longer stays. The battery is mostly to charge phones/GPS, run the water pump, and the awning LED lights. Hope to be able to pull off a few extended camping/working trips now that I can recharge the hotspot and laptop.

No fancy battery setup, just a Goal Zero knock off and a foldable 100w panel for longer stays.
    want more info on this knockoff–Goal Zero makes batteries with fancy marketing, but some are nifty with the AC converters. what kind of features does your knockoff have?

Quote Originally Posted by whowilson View Post
    want more info on this knockoff–Goal Zero makes batteries with fancy marketing, but some are nifty with the AC converters. what kind of features does your knockoff have?
    There are a ton of them -- Jackery is the biggest competitor. I bought a rockpals because at they were cheap and had the form factor and features I was looking for. Plus a local van conversion company recommended them as an alternative. At $200 for the battery, not a huge risk for 288Wh, 350W AC pure sine inverter (700W peak). I wanted more DC inlets (4 in this case) than AC ports. Lithium, rated to 80% for 1000 cycles.

Quote Originally Posted by whowilson View Post
    Amazon has ecoflow also. Doing research now

If I want one exclusively for dc charging, laptop and phones etc. And want to charge it from car accessory outlet, small solar, or ac plug.
    Road tripping with kids and they NEED to recharge phones.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

kids today are so spoiled! hand held devices were a lot different when
    I was in skool, hope you brought extra double AAs

embrace the gape
    and believe

Quote Originally Posted by b0ardski View Post
    kids today are so spoiled! hand held devices were a lot different when
    I was in skool, hope you brought extra double AAs

both awesome games.

There are a ton of them -- Jackery is the biggest competitor. I bought a rockpals because at they were cheap and had the form factor and features I was looking for. Plus a local van conversion company recommended them as an alternative. At $200 for the battery, not a huge risk for 288Wh, 350W AC pure sine inverter (700W peak). I wanted more DC inlets (4 in this case) than AC ports. Lithium, rated to 80% for 1000 cycles.
    Damn it’s crazy how cheap some of these options have become. Does the rockpal have thermostat to prevent charging when battery is cold?

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/...302427506.html
    Some Mag will pick this up sooner than later.

That thing is gonna need some TLC. Or a swap to a new chassis

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Damn it’s crazy how cheap some of these options have become. Does the rockpal have thermostat to prevent charging when battery is cold?
    Not to my knowledge. Do Goal Zeros? Not listed obviously in their product specs.

Honestly--i'm just dipping my toe in. Not an electronics aficionado.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    That thing is gonna need some TLC. Or a swap to a new chassis
    No need. Body damage only it states, I'm seeing surface rust on that frame/suspension. Wire wheel would take all of that off. I would just get a donor van or buy the panels individually($500ish probably), cut + weld them in, bondo them in, sand it down, and spray it. Or just swap it. The motor work + high top alone is probably $10-15k. Then again, prices are crazy on these things. Somebody will fork over the cash, and even more crazy is probably will somehow make money on it in a few months lol

Not to my knowledge. Do Goal Zeros? Not listed obviously in their product specs.

Honestly--i'm just dipping my toe in. Not an electronics aficionado.
    Yep the goal zero manual I just searched online talks about the protection against charging below 32F. I have battleborn lithiums, which of course do too at that price point

With so many friends DIY converting vans and asking for advice, I’m trying to keep up on solutions that are simple and affordable.

For example, my hinged lo profile platform bed uses 8020 alu struts and a 6 mm corrugated aluminum/plastic sheet (from signage shop), total cost below $200 and it’s stiff and light. Meanwhile a metal bed platform from one of the van conversion outfits will cost $2500+.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Yep the goal zero manual I just searched online talks about the protection against charging below 32F. I have battleborn lithiums, which of course do too at that price point

With so many friends DIY converting vans and asking for advice, I’m trying to keep up on solutions that are simple and affordable.

For example, my hinged lo profile platform bed uses 8020 alu struts and a 6 mm corrugated aluminum/plastic sheet (from signage shop), total cost below $200 and it’s stiff and light. Meanwhile a metal bed platform from one of the van conversion outfits will cost $2500+.
    Yeah -- i'm all about affordable DIY options that are relatively simple to construct. I'm working on getting the built design (vs the draft design) re-done in Sketchup, a list of tools/materials/components, and basic instructions organized so I can put them all in a GitHub repo for others who may want to do something similar. Honestly, for a lot of minivan camper folks a drop in $4k kit is the way to go. But for those with specific needs, the DIY bug, or a tight budget it'd be rad if plans were easily accessible to build/modify from.

My cabinet "attachment" system is pretty fancy. Goal here is relatively stable, but 5minute in/out. Yet another use for Voile straps. The bottom is attached to the built-in seat rails using t-slot bolts.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	169068600_10102418276571190_4604410191219858435_n.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	791.3 KB 
ID:	370598

Name:	169555483_10102418280024270_4491214984215502698_n.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	636.8 KB 
ID:	370599

If you have a water system and conserving battery energy and water supply are concerns consider using a manual fresh water hand pump such as this.
    https://www.recpro.com/rv-manual-fresh-water-hand-pump/

Quote Originally Posted by apex dave View Post
    If you have a water system and conserving battery energy is a concern consider using a manual fresh water hand pump such as this.
    https://www.recpro.com/rv-manual-fresh-water-hand-pump/
    In most applications, I don't think battery life is a primary concern. You'll run through water far faster than you'll run through battery with a decent 12v pump.

Water hand pumps are nice for conserving water and simplicity of installation. Personally -- I'd opt for a foot pump when possible so you have two hands for doing dishes. https://www.amazon.com/Marine-Suitab.../dp/B00S59ULW0

Quote Originally Posted by Tryingtostaywarm View Post
    No need. Body damage only it states, I'm seeing surface rust on that frame/suspension. Wire wheel would take all of that off. I would just get a donor van or buy the panels individually($500ish probably), cut + weld them in, bondo them in, sand it down, and spray it. Or just swap it. The motor work + high top alone is probably $10-15k. Then again, prices are crazy on these things. Somebody will fork over the cash, and even more crazy is probably will somehow make money on it in a few months lol
    Buy it so I can show you there is definitely a need for TLC and plenty of work. I know what the bulletproofing and top cost. That van is a quick day away from an electrical fire. I would redo everything that owner did. Reminds me of a van similar to it that got left for scrap in Moab last year

Buy it so I can show you there is definitely a need for TLC and plenty of work. I know what the bulletproofing and top cost. That van is a quick day away from an electrical fire. I would redo everything that owner did. Reminds me of a van similar to it that got left for scrap in Moab last year

Name:	C4B81548-6B82-45CE-8E03-4E459B86BE4B.jpeg 
Views:	168 
Size:	561.9 KB 
ID:	370612

Yikes

Some folks just aren’t cut out for vanlife.

Exactly. The two loose batteries in the cab are classic as well. Says just a little rust and then takes down the photo of the rust.

Lucky for the seller...there a lot of people with more money than sense buying camper rigs around denver.

Lucky for the seller...there a lot of people with more money than sense buying camper rigs around denver.
    Maybe...I got a lot of smart people looking at my van. Only idiots I heard from were from New Jersey and CA.

The buyers in Colorado aren't as stupid as you might think. You have to be quick with cash but they are savy and ask a lot of questions before buying a disaster. Kinda like the real estate around here.

Minivan now has running water because well fuck it.

This rules, great work! I need to figure out a sink setup in mine with limited space. Wish I didn't buy the biggest 12V fridge available because i'm still gonna have to bring a cooler

Oh no doubt. Scrap the interior, but it at least has the panels + electric system bones.
    Rebuild front suspension/drive shafts, coils, rear leafs, Agile RIP, new wheels + tires.
    I think you could spend $5-8k and be in it total of ~$25kish and have a pretty nice ride if you could stomach the body work. Donor van for $1k or go cut out the panels at the scrap yard would be the easiest. Then again...I have a full shop + welder + plasma so the average Joe would not want to do any of that. Or spend the amount of time on it. Then again, these E-series vans are demanding high dollar these days no matter what shape. I just saw one go here in the front range for $17k, no 4wd, no high top, and pretty much same condition as this one. People want the van + camper no matter what.

I agree and hope the person buying it does something just like that. It is a half assed project as is.