Page 327 of 337 FirstFirst ... 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 ... LastLast
Results 8,151 to 8,175 of 8406
    Add 4x4 and suspension work for a winner.

My understanding is a pre-92 4x4 conversion will be DIY as the major conversion companies only do the newer body style.

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    1990 Ford E350 Chinook 98,000 miles.
    $21,500 in FL. Looks like a cream puff. Seriously tempted to buy a one way plane ticket and take a chance? Talk me out of it
    Do it.

Guy near me has one in 4x4 with diesel/banks turbo. Keeps it shacked for most of the year and it's amazing. I've talked to him about buying it and he wants me to give him a number so he can then laugh at me.

Real nice rigs.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    In the same paragraph i copied thst quote from it said you csnt paint it and it cant be left exposed. I guess itd melt ez with a fire but what about super cold winter weather. Would it get brittle?

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app
    The cold won't damage it, UV exposure is the enemy of that stuff, and why it needs to be covered ASAP after it's installed on a house.

There is a liquid coating that can be applied to it which makes it UV stable, I see it on the outside of ICF foundations (although those are typically EPS and not XPS). It sounds like in your installation it would be pretty well protected from light exposure, but that is what will kill it quickly.

It's also toxic as all get-out when it burns, but that should go without saying given it's plastic.
    Relentlessly pursuing beauty in an irredeemably ugly world.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    The cold won't damage it, UV exposure is the enemy of that stuff, and why it needs to be covered ASAP after it's installed on a house.

There is a liquid coating that can be applied to it which makes it UV stable, I see it on the outside of ICF foundations (although those are typically EPS and not XPS). It sounds like in your installation it would be pretty well protected from light exposure, but that is what will kill it quickly.

It's also toxic as all get-out when it burns, but that should go without saying given it's plastic.
    Good to know . I was going to make an additional frame with 2x4 and a sheet of 3/4". Maybe ill just makr the 2x4 frame around some of that stuff and skip the plywood. Cheaper and easier/lighter to install every time i load/unload the camper

Ski RV's, who's sleeping in parking lots?

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    My understanding is a pre-92 4x4 conversion will be DIY as the major conversion companies only do the newer body style.
    It’s a cool rig!!

Yeah or small shop. Parts and schemes from Quigely and Pathfinder are out there. The pros and cons of 4x4 have been gone over here. That said it sure would suck to see a perfectly useful camper get sucked into an unfinished project vortex. Guy on Exped “simply” swapped the entire chassis over to a quigley. A roadtrek Or similar carriage.

I always wondered if a lift shook the components like appliances and stuff more than they were engineered to be shook. Probably no real data on that.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    I don't facebook or anything and I am guessing that Gunnison group is one of those invite only deals, but if you could PM me any info that would be great.

I just went and looked at this. Won't work for my truck. Needs some TLC. If you have a shop and some time this could be a good project.

https://bozeman.craigslist.org/rvs/d...333951240.html

It's super tempting, but I kinda need a place right now. Finally getting to where I am "marketable" in the Bozeman dating scene. Chicks love if you have a van.....parked in the driveway of your 700k house.

As much as the idea of the van life thing makes sense I do need a regular vehicle for work purposes and not trying to stay single forever.

I never drive clients around unless they are good friends. Covid seemed to take that totally out of the equation for RE anymore.

Good point about the camper in the truck bed though. I think a GFC would be OK to show up at client houses/showings because they are sleek/cool looking enough.
    well, fuck. any bitch that's worth a salt won't give a fuck about the greater boz re market bubble.

i met axtells grandson today. cool dude.

/end thread

That thing is fkn titties. Sub in an old summit 670 and itd be skitouring base camp off a few snowmobile roads i now ski up

600 lb camper.

Bizarre video though. Manages to use underexposed video from weird angles so you can’t really see the product.

Since WRG has decided to buy dentist bikes instead of my camper, I have posted my Trillium Fiberglass camper in Gear Swap.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post

Bizarre video though. Manages to use underexposed video from weird angles so you can’t really see the product.
    Seriously, WTF. That video producer should be fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Seriously, WTF. That video producer should be fired.

Don't like it myself, but I'm sure that look was by design.

They seemed to be purposely vague in that video. Looks tiny.

Maybe it's not a production model so they didn't want close-ups.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    Maybe it's not a production model so they didn't want close-ups.
    Or to generate further curiosity so you actually go find one, irl.

The Rosé Getaway Glamper
    The ultimate glamping experience.
    Asking $12,000
    Located in Wilseyville, CA

•Measures 7 ft x 10 ft
    •Built on brand new 5 x 10 trailer
    •Lightweight and compact for easy towing
    •30 amp 125v electrical
    •Fully furnished
    •Sleeps 1-3 people
    •Custom convertible sofa bed with removable faux fur cover
    •Full kitchenette with sink, two burner stovetop, retro style mini fridge with freezer, cutting board countertops, and custom cabinetry for tons of storage space
    •Bathroom with flush toilet, shower, and vanity lighting
    •Built in office nook
    •Remote controlled battery powered lighting throughout (never get up or wait to plug in to turn on the lights again!)
    •Two exterior storage/utility sheds
    •Exterior solar lights with mounted mini panels
    •Custom operable window shutters
    •Drop down detachable porch with faux grass, bistro set with mini market umbrella and bbq grill
    •Yes, all the rosé is also included 🥂
    •Selling as is.. Cash only.
    •Will not transport unless local, but will help find transport if you cannot move yourself.

Be the star of every campground you stay at, or make it your own little backyard bungalow. This tiny house glamper is sure to wow wherever you take it.

Watch the video tour here:

https://youtu.be/_M-RMScPM20
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

The flush toilet will fill the Black water tank quickly. (Are there tanks? No mention...)

I thought that Rose thing was a parody. Is it not?
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Hey guys.
    Is there a calculating tool to find how heavy of a slide in camper I can throw on my half ton truck?
    Im looking at one that has dry weight of 700kg which is 1543lbs according to the googs.
    Its a 2000 f150 6'5 box with the tow package, has some weird shit under the steering wheel for braking while towing. Quite rusted, so not sure I want to even try and throw airbags in there.
    Camper is a 7ft 7 Somerset fiberglass deal. Price is pretty much exactly what I want to pay and it seems to have everything I need.

Thank you team!

Ski RV's, who's sleeping in parking lots?

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    Hey guys.
    Is there a calculating tool to find how heavy of a slide in camper I can throw on my half ton truck?
    Im looking at one that has dry weight of 700kg which is 1543lbs according to the googs.
    Its a 2000 f150 6'5 box with the tow package, has some weird shit under the steering wheel for braking while towing. Quite rusted, so not sure I want to even try and throw airbags in there.
    Camper is a 7ft 7 Somerset fiberglass deal. Price is pretty much exactly what I want to pay and it seems to have everything I need.

Thank you team!
    The camper you want is a three quarter ton dry, your truck is a half ton, that’s the payload

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    The camper you want is a three quarter ton dry, your truck is a half ton, that’s the payload

This is what I initially thought, but then read stuff like this link from Lance Campers.
    https://www.lancecamper.com/truck-campers/650/
    It says
    Designed specifically for half-ton pick-up trucks with 5' and 6' beds, the 650 is a high quality full featured lightweight truck camper, built for the active lifestyle with 100% Lance DNA!

With a dry weight of 1,700 pounds which includes class leading standard features like aluminum frame construction,
    So that has a higher dry weight and is built for half ton trucks?

This is what I initially thought, but then read stuff like this link from Lance Campers.
    It says

Read through this thread, most want at least a 3/4 ton for a camper like that. Lance wants to sell campers.

It says

Should be a sticker on door jamb of the truck listing the payload as built. I would check the load range on your tires as well to see if they have the capacity to carry the weight. Also plan on adding 500lbs to dry weight for water, propane, and beer.

I'm picking up a 6.5' FWC (pop-up) in a couple weeks so I'm adding a leaf to my spring package and putting better shocks on my 1/2 ton. Air bags have a function but adding load capacity is not one. Air bags can level the truck and help adjust the ride quality.