Page 333 of 510 FirstFirst ... 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 ... LastLast
Results 8,301 to 8,325 of 12727
    On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Kitchen cabinet got a little pop of color (mostly to cover up some drill holes due to a failed table mounting experiment). And a rug to bring the room together. Won't have running water during ski season but having a sink and built in kitchen storage is dang handy no matter that season.
    Attachment 379653

About to leave on a 3 week work-from-minivan and see friends/family trip. So I built a little solar shower. Water gets damn hot in there.

Attachment 379654
    Loving it. I have almost the same solar shower setup. So good.

Question for you all- there’s a couple of poptop campers out there like the project m from FWC and the OVRLND brand, that mount directly to the bed rails and leave the truck bed for you to accessorize however you want. Are there any hard sided campers like this?
    I have a long bed cummins, looking for a winter ski trip base camp thats pretty light. I’ll probably end up with a heavy, old cheap slide in but if I could turn up something lighter I’d put thought into it.
    Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Gravity always wins...

Quote Originally Posted by riff View Post
    Question for you all- there’s a couple of poptop campers out there like the project m from FWC and the OVRLND brand, that mount directly to the bed rails and leave the truck bed for you to accessorize however you want. Are there any hard sided campers like this?
    I have a long bed cummins, looking for a winter ski trip base camp thats pretty light. I’ll probably end up with a heavy, old cheap slide in but if I could turn up something lighter I’d put thought into it.
    Thanks!

FWC makes a lightweight slide-in popup camper as does ATC (All Terrain Campers), Coyote RV, Hallmark. All offer a winter package with insulated popup. They are getting expensive and used ones are scarce.

I think they all offer a empty shell or shell and propane heater, you build the rest.

Ski RV's, who's sleeping in parking lots?

I have a fwc slide in popup, hoping to make a move to hard sides as I only use it in the winter, as it turns out. Just looking for a light option that mounts to bed rails, with hard sides. The fwc isn’t bad, just takes a fair bit of managing during storms and the lady is too short to deal putting the roof up and down....

Gravity always wins...

Quote Originally Posted by riff View Post
    I have a fwc slide in popup, hoping to make a move to hard sides as I only use it in the winter, as it turns out. Just looking for a light option that mounts to bed rails, with hard sides. The fwc isn’t bad, just takes a fair bit of managing during storms and the lady is too short to deal putting the roof up and down....

Wanna sell it to me?

This sounds pretty sweet. "Too many things to list" id like to see the inside. 08 cummins i think is the last yr before emissions bs that screwed the mileage.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/884991...4448149274645/

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Mid 07 was the 5.9 > 6.7 changeover, I have an 06.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Mid 07 was the 5.9 > 6.7 changeover, I have an 06.
    Ah, copy that. Buddy/old boss had an 06 or 07 , standard with jake brake, and that pulled his 32 ft trailer for not much more than my little 91 yota fuel costs. Very impressive mileage

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    Dodge? Yuck no.

2001 VW Eurovan Weekender.
    I was about to say: I recognize a Bulli if I see one. The are about 2346 at every climbing parking lot over here. Usually a lot newer than a T4 (or is it 5 already?) because the Swiss are unfathomably rich
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

This is just south of Reno. From pics, I think it is an 850SC model, because it has the inside shower.

I have a TC800, similar, but no inside bathroom or shower, and I don't have A/C.

https://reno.craigslist.org/rvs/d/wa...351018463.html
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Trying to get a GFC build spot right now is insane:

Seller in PM: "Do you want the spot?"

Me: "Yes, I would like to purchase the spot."

Seller: "Actually, I opened it up to a bidding war and sold it to someone else."

So dumb.

There is a tiny competitor to GFC based in Bozeman. Literally half the price.....but also maybe half the quality. My gut says to go with GFC because they are proven and resale is very strong. Eventually I will succumb like Cody did and buy a van.
    Eh, maybe I fucked up: I had a Superlite on order that we were planning to go pick up in August. Due to delays, things got pushed back, so my build date wouldn't have been until October or so. I'm only interested in summer use, so I just asked them if they could push me back in the build queue until June 2022...they told me "This is the first time somone has asked to push their Superlite back further. YES I would be happy to hold it until June 2022 for you."

So I guess I missed out on making a few bucks by selling my spot. Hope everyone enjoys moving up one spot in line.

Got a line on a 2019 Hallmark for a 3/4T or ideally a 1T long bed. Price has been steadily dropping and dealer is prob getting anxious to unload. It's in Colorado, but not at Hallmark. PM if interested in the lead.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Eh, maybe I fucked up: I had a Superlite on order that we were planning to go pick up in August. Due to delays, things got pushed back, so my build date wouldn't have been until October or so. I'm only interested in summer use, so I just asked them if they could push me back in the build queue until June 2022...they told me "This is the first time somone has asked to push their Superlite back further. YES I would be happy to hold it until June 2022 for you."

So I guess I missed out on making a few bucks by selling my spot. Hope everyone enjoys moving up one spot in line.
    I'm about to give up on GFC. I'm too inpatient to wait like 8-10 months for a new place in line. I just "bid" on another August 2021 build spot. I'm sure a dentist somewhere outbid me though.

Quote Originally Posted by shafty85 View Post
    So earlier this year we bought an old bigfoot. Currently trying to empty the black tank of the dried sh*t inside it. Today we filled it with water and some cleanser from the local RV shop. Tonight when I went to empty it (we anticipate needing to do this multiple times to achieve the final result) I found out that the tank valve is cracked - it therefore leaks while emptying. Lovely. I managed to empty everything out of it with minimal spillage and just rinsed out the bay after. Current plan is to just repeating the cycle until the tank is empty and as clean as it's going to get then replacing the valve (already have the valve). No way am I pulling things apart in the driveway with lord only knows how much sewage waiting to fall out - Murphy's law states that some won't come out until I have things opened up on the driveway. Any thoughts? Tempted to go and just open the thing wide open in an abondoned field and call it 'good' but prefer not to go that way. Anyone of you vetran camper users got any bright ideas?
    You ever have to clean a bong before? I'd use a similar technique.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    I'm about to give up on GFC. I'm too inpatient to wait like 8-10 months for a new place in line. I just "bid" on another August 2021 build spot. I'm sure a dentist somewhere outbid me though.
    In line? What's the final build estimated? 2 years?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Any of you guys winter camping in truck beds with toppers? As much as I'd love to trade in my F-150 for a 1 ton and a full camper, I really only have space for a single car right now.

I don't think I'd camp in it for more than a couple of nights in a row - thinking occasionally at the mountain or some nights during a longer trip to Canada this winter. I've got a great sleeping bag, air mattress, etc. Probably need to make some insulation for the windows.

What's the move for heat? The little buddy heaters seem a bit dangerous - are the little diesel heaters any better / safer?

I've seen a few people recommending big Goal Zero type power stations and electric heaters, though it seems like the power draw from an electric heater might kill that battery pretty quick.

The air in an air mattress gets way too cold in winter and memory foam gets rock solid in below freezing temps.

A 2000watt generator will run an electric heater or a hot plate if you are cooking hot meals or boiling water to fill a hot water bottle for inside the sleeping bag.

Those Buddy heaters are supposed to be safe if you crack a window open. But I would be inclined to turn it off before going to sleep and turn it on again first thing in the morning. Not sure how well they work at elevation.

Have used a buddy heater up to about 9k. Run while getting ready for bed. Get in sleeping bag and turn off heater. Wake up and turn on heater about 5 minutes before getting out of bag. I've gone down to single digits. I have a little platform and use an old school thermarest.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
    Any of you guys winter camping in truck beds with toppers? As much as I'd love to trade in my F-150 for a 1 ton and a full camper, I really only have space for a single car right now.

I don't think I'd camp in it for more than a couple of nights in a row - thinking occasionally at the mountain or some nights during a longer trip to Canada this winter. I've got a great sleeping bag, air mattress, etc. Probably need to make some insulation for the windows.

What's the move for heat? The little buddy heaters seem a bit dangerous - are the little diesel heaters any better / safer?

I've seen a few people recommending big Goal Zero type power stations and electric heaters, though it seems like the power draw from an electric heater might kill that battery pretty quick.
    It's pretty friggin brutal. I feel lucky not to have died of CO w the propane heater running or a candle even though I would shut them off to sleep. It's a constant battle w condensation as well. Keeping warm sleeping is the easiest part of it. Couple bags one inside the other, over a cot mattress or foam sleeping pads. The bedding obviously can't be in contact w the bed of the truck. Lighting is much easier w LEDs nowadays.

Drying gear is a pia, feeding yourself, and recovering from the day's activity is hard. It's actually easier to survive in a tent, especially if it's a 4-6 person that you can stand in. If you had a good base lodge at a ski area to spend time, eat, use the bathroom, etc. it becomes more doable. Plan on fresh base layers for everyday.

If you do go w a generator as DanoT suggested they can be easily modified to run on propane so you don't have to haul gas in your living space. Boot heaters would be extraordinary help with a generator.

My friend who sleeps in his truck loves his Exped inflatable pad. They have R values over 10. Combine that with a sub 0 sleeping bag.

http://www.exped.com/usa/en/product-category/mats

This looks nice. For a man sized truck though.

https://bozeman.craigslist.org/rvs/d...353986091.html

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    In line? What's the final build estimated? 2 years?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app
    I think if I paid a deposit now I would have the camper next spring/summer. I mean that not too crazy for a patient person....which I am not.

Thanks for the truck bed camping advice guys. I'll try it out this fall when it's cool, but not yet cold, and see how it feels and what sort of adjustments I might need to make.

The generator idea is an interesting one, but I feel like it would drive any parking lot neighbors nuts if I was running a generator all night. The little diesel heaters seem like a better option and would keep boots toasty too. I might pick one of those up and see how it does - running the exhaust seems like it might be the only challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
    Thanks for the truck bed camping advice guys. I'll try it out this fall when it's cool, but not yet cold, and see how it feels and what sort of adjustments I might need to make.

The generator idea is an interesting one, but I feel like it would drive any parking lot neighbors nuts if I was running a generator all night. The little diesel heaters seem like a better option and would keep boots toasty too. I might pick one of those up and see how it does - running the exhaust seems like it might be the only challenge.
    A generator or heater noise are minimal compared to a fleet of snow cats and, if you’re lucky, a chained up loader.

diesel heaters are both much better and much safer. they vent outside so the co buildup isn't an issue and they make much dry heat.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.