Page 60 of 510 FirstFirst ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 12727
    No prob - I was never too good with caulk, so when I stumbled on this stuff it was perfect
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

minivan setup with sitting/sleeping. bench folds to bed. reflectix windows.

^^^Looks good. Never been even a little jealous about a minivan until that

Was load up wknd for camper now that second season is on

After loading up, I discovered issue with back tie down where interior wood has rotted and the plate is basically yarding on the fiberglass when loaded.

The 15 degree shift is from plate crushing down through the rotted wood. I think I know how I want to address the interior portion - a layer of treated on bottom and oak ply on top as large as possible to distribute loading. Looking for ideas on what I could epoxy onto exterior surface and screw through into the 1.5 inches of new wood on inside to sandwich everything. Want something 1/4“ - 3/8" and was speculating on like Corian or such. Any ideas on material or how to attach would be appreciated.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

Quote Originally Posted by NoPostholio View Post
    Was load up wknd for camper now that second season is on

After loading up, I discovered issue with back tie down where interior wood has rotted and the plate is basically yarding on the fiberglass when loaded.

The 15 degree shift is from plate crushing down through the rotted wood. I think I know how I want to address the interior portion - a layer of treated on bottom and oak ply on top as large as possible to distribute loading. Looking for ideas on what I could epoxy onto exterior surface and screw through into the 1.5 inches of new wood on inside to sandwich everything. Want something 1/4“ - 3/8" and was speculating on like Corian or such. Any ideas on material or how to attach would be appreciated.
    1/4", 3/8" or 1/2" thick chunk of aluminum would work well. Easy to shape. Decently stiff, easy to find and light.

^^^nice... On inside your thinking right? That would solve rot issues going forward. Only issue I could see is the aluminum wearing into shell, but that could be solved with some rubber... Excellent idea -

This was mess I had of what used to be plywood and now was mud

This plate sat in that mud under the wires

Yep. On inside. AL is easy to cut, drill, shape. Can even round off the edges with a file in a few minutes to help keep it from digging into the less muddy plywood. If you want to get extra special fancy, you could even have it milled to create a flange that would fit down through the fiberglass with a slot for the bracket to slide into. Something like shrouds on a sailboat where they go through the deck to the bulkhead. Similar loading situation but just upside down.

The eye bolt tie down locations on our 1992 8-6' Northland are getting soft...so might need to use my own advice. Though I don't want to even look into the abyss fearing what I might find.

I'm looking for a lightweight pop up truck camper for my 2000 Toyota Tundra.

Hoping to find either a:
    Hallmark Milner or
    Northstar TC650
    Outfitter Caribou 6.5--- or something similar in decent shape

I'd like a short bed camper with outside shower, hot water heater, fantastic fan, solar panels would be a bonus as would rack cross bars. Vintage around early to mid 2000s, price-wise- $6k max.

I'm in northern Colorado. I look regularly on c-list, wander the west, expedition portal, advrider...

Anyone sellin???

I've got a FOUR WHEEL "Fleet" that might fit. It's a little rough, but is ready to camp. Save some serious cash. Listed on Fort Collins craigslist for $1600. Special mag price...$1200. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	468 
Size:	223.0 KB 
ID:	154595
    Don't ask.... Don't tele

A diesel 4x4 dream rig, only 170 g's!
    http://anchorage.craigslist.org/rvs/4406271648.html
    I've got the key to the highway... I'm gonna leave here runnin', walkin's far too slow

Found a LaVeta!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4270004.JPG 
Views:	505 
Size:	284.7 KB 
ID:	154766Found a 1995 Hallmark LaVeta pop up in good condition a couple hours drive from my house! Pretty stoked on this unit. Dry weight is 700 lbs, very simple, everything works, solid roof and the fabric is in great shape.

Future mods will be a solar panel/new battery and a couple yakima bars to carry my cataraft oars...

Another craigslist find for someone in boulder 4x4 + diesel FTW

http://boulder.craigslist.org/rvs/4452241823.html

Seriously considering one of these. Seems you can pick them up for 10-12k in reasonable shape. 6x6, able to ford 6ft of water. Box expands to 12x14ft and is insulated. Seems like a great starting point for a real off road vehicle for camping.

Name:  expandable box.jpg
Views: 1488
Size:  2.9 KB
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

What does it have for engine? You might need to be a 1%er to pull off fueling that rig.

I need some corner jacks for my truck camper, if anyone has a lead please PM me, new ones are pretty spendy, seems like a pair could be found off of an older wrecked rig for cheap.

An Allison diesel. Apparently 11mpg. Bad relative to other huge trucks/rv's.
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Decent enough for the hudgeness - that is only 30% less than my duramax w/TC

Picked this baby up about 6 weeks ago, already have a bunch of nights but no ski trips yet, may do an assault this weekend.
    Stoked!
    full solar, yakima tracks and yes, bumpin system with indoor/outdoor waterproof speakers!

"Why do I always get more kisses on powder days?" -my wife

Quote Originally Posted by cliffhucker View Post
    I need some corner jacks for my truck camper, if anyone has a lead please PM me, new ones are pretty spendy, seems like a pair could be found off of an older wrecked rig for cheap.
    Craigslist has a few I've seen the last few days.

http://denver.craigslist.org/rvs/4453234673.html

There were also a few others but they're not showing up with a jack or jacks search.

Did about 1000 miles last few weeks with the TC in the truck, most of it in VT - the biggest takeaway from these journeys is that VT needs to legalize weed TODAY to pay for upgrades to their shit roads. By far the worst roads once you get off a hwy anywhere I have been. But since the camper didn't shoot out of the bed along the way, shakedown cruise = success.

Exactly - put myself in a state where I can keep myself in a state, where the state of the roads is irrelevant.

Name:	P5170017.JPG 
Views:	836 
Size:	460.6 KB 
ID:	155542Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P5170018.JPG 
Views:	737 
Size:	426.9 KB 
ID:	155543Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P5170020.JPG 
Size:	341.9 KB 
ID:	155544Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P5170021.JPG 
Views:	816 
Size:	273.1 KB 
ID:	155545Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P5170022.JPG 
Views:	710 
Size:	452.0 KB 
ID:	155546After about 3 weeks of cleaning, linseed oiling, re-sealing and replacing various parts, my new-to-me Hallmark LaVeta is ready for action! Super psyched on this unit. Dry weight is just under 700 lbs and has a heater, sink/manual/electric water pump, two burner stove, good canvas...

I'm ready for summer music fests and boatin' season!

Quote Originally Posted by NoPostholio View Post
    Did about 1000 miles last few weeks with the TC in the truck, most of it in VT - the biggest takeaway from these journeys is that VT needs to legalize weed TODAY to pay for upgrades to their shit roads. By far the worst roads once you get off a hwy anywhere I have been. But since the camper didn't shoot out of the bed along the way, shakedown cruise = success.
    Our roads are much better in the winter when all those pot holes get filled with ice!

Quote Originally Posted by bovine View Post

Name:	P5170017.JPG 
Views:	836 
Size:	460.6 KB 
ID:	155542Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P5170018.JPG 
Size:	426.9 KB 
ID:	155543Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P5170020.JPG 
Size:	341.9 KB 
ID:	155544Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P5170021.JPG 
Views:	816 
Size:	273.1 KB 
ID:	155545Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P5170022.JPG 
Views:	710 
Size:	452.0 KB 
ID:	155546After about 3 weeks of cleaning, linseed oiling, re-sealing and replacing various parts, my new-to-me Hallmark LaVeta is ready for action! Super psyched on this unit. Dry weight is just under 700 lbs and has a heater, sink/manual/electric water pump, two burner stove, good canvas...

I'm ready for summer music fests and boatin' season!
    Nice rig bovine - Tundras are great trucks and that is perfect weight for it - good luck

Put some fake hard wood floors over the vinyl

Last edited by NoPostholio; 05-18-2014 at 12:00 PM.

I picked this up last week. Will be converting it to 4wd and building out the interior. I won't have a chance to work on the interior for at least a few months though.

All I want is to be hardcore.

www.tonystreks.com