Page 256 of 510 FirstFirst ... 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 ... LastLast
Results 6,376 to 6,400 of 12730
    Quote Originally Posted by apex dave View Post
    Nokian brought out a new heavy truck tire last Fall. The Hakka LT3 is Load range E/Load index 120 and fully studded.
    https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2...-winter-tires/
    Covid willing I'll put a set on the class C for this ski season. Still not four wheel drive but if these tires can't do it I shouldn't be on the road.
    It actually comes in the right size for my truck! LT285/75R16. Most companies don't bother making real snow tires that big.
    I just bought new studded Duratracs last year, but I know what my next winter tire is when those wear down...

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    It actually comes in the right size for my truck! LT285/75R16. Most companies don't bother making real snow tires that big.
    I just bought new studded Duratracs last year, but I know what my next winter tire is when those wear down...
    I have the non-studded version of the Hakka LT3 in 275/70r18. Excellent snow and ice traction. I won't go back to an AT/snowflake tire from here on. They kicked ass through a melt/freeze storm on the highway from Nelson to Revelstoke last year with the camper on the truck. By American standards, things were gnarly, I-90 would have been closed. I carry chains for the 1-3% of the time that the non-studded tires won't cut it.

You had me up until 16" wheels.

Nonetheless, go on about the studded DuraTracs, if you would. I currently have my diesel dude-bro truck shod with BFG KO2 which have performed well in the PNWet. I'm not on the snow every single weekend with the diesel, but it's primary duty is to haul the camper to ski lots and trailheads and I'm wondering if the studded DursTracs is the move for bomber winter protection while hauling the party box.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post

Nonetheless, go on about the studded DuraTracs, if you would. I currently have my diesel dude-bro truck shod with BFG KO2 which have performed well in the PNWet. I'm not on the snow every single weekend with the diesel, but it's primary duty is to haul the camper to ski lots and trailheads and I'm wondering if the studded DursTracs is the move for bomber winter protection while hauling the party box.
    16" wheels because I drive my truck offroad, not to the mall.

Can't speak to PNWet but they were great here in CO last winter. I also can't compare to KO2s, unfortunately.

When they're new, they're great. When you're down to 40% tread? meh. They are basically a nice MT tire that does well in snow, especially loose snow that isn't terrifying on ice.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    When they're new, they're great. When you're down to 40% tread? meh. They are basically a nice MT tire that does well in snow, especially loose snow that isn't terrifying on ice.
    Yeah, this.

16" wheels because I drive my truck offroad, not to the mall.

Can't speak to PNWet but they were great here in CO last winter. I also can't compare to KO2s, unfortunately.
    My truck came OEM with 20" wheels. Which, if we're fair, were fucking gross and I yarded those things off for a set of 18 inchers. I don't know if my particular truck will even fit a 16" wheel anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Even with the studs?

Even with the studs?
    If you're not on ice frequently, studs are more of a liability than a benefit. For most winter driving the non-studdded winter rubber will handle best. If the roads where you live and drive are normally packed snow/ice, then by all means get studded tires, specifically the Nokians. The studs are installed at the factory and the tire is designed for them. The only benefit to the studded Duratrac would be if you spend a lot of time off-road in winter conditions and expect to encounter mud. Discounting looks, the Nokians are better in winter. I have owned and run both, but not with studs because I live in town and drive on the highway a lot.

The Nokina LT3 comes in sizes up to 20 inches

I'm running a studded Cooper snow tire with a lot of sipping, after the (unstudded) Duratrac for many years (year around for the DT). The Cooper is much better on heavily packed/icy shit. The duratrac is way better in loose snow/unplowed roads/unplowed parking lots. I don't drive above 40mph very much in my current living situation and in the winter it's almost always snow over ice with sometimes fairly bad plowing in my neighborhood, better once on the ski area access road (they use salt/sand on the main roads, but not in the neighborhood.)

What I can say, is both are much better than the K02 I have on the truck in the summer right now. I slid through multiple intersections with those at comically low speeds trying to brake at stop signs, etc.

I have the studded hakkas with about 10k miles. No signs of wear yet with rear tires carrying at least 3600 lbs.

Never experienced this purported issue of studs being a liability. Peace of mind in some situations despite being unnecessary for most.

Compared to ko2s, there's no comparison in winter traction. The compromise tires are ice skates compared to hakkas.

Looking into 19.5 wheels and michelin xde2 tires this winter maybe. Interested in anyone's experience who's ran em.

I run Dura tracs on my ram 2500 plow truck, Also ran studded Firestone winters for 2 seasons. Dura tracs are better when the snow is deep, ice not as good. Chains for those days. Downside They do wear quickly and loud on the hiway.
    Dura tracs also on the old power stroke sled truck.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Duratracs supposed to be great in snow, but real bad in rocks/wheeling in off season if anyone is considering them for all around.
    Lots of reports of easily cutting sidewalls WIDE open.

Quote Originally Posted by pyromaniacman129 View Post
    Duratracs supposed to be great in snow, but real bad in rocks/wheeling in off season if anyone is considering them for all around.
    Lots of reports of easily cutting sidewalls WIDE open.
    Good to know. Thank you. I have a trio of bikes for such things, so winter traction and rough road traction are key.

I keep hearing this about weak sidewalls on duratracs. Between my truck(s) and wifes 4runner(s) we've had 5 sets of duratracs. Only puncture wasnt in a sidewall and pulled spare duty for awhile. She did run one set of the kevlars though. Just threw a new set of copper stt pros on and first real trail we hit put a pretty good gash in the sidewall, but didnt go through. I'd also agree with what has been said about their winter capabilities, but I just put it in 4 and slow down.

Ok back to RVs.(I have slept a fuckton of nights in the back of 4runner and truck)

Name:  FB_IMG_1597366978516.jpeg
Views: 743
Size:  112.6 KB

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

Good to know. Thank you. I have a trio of bikes for such things, so winter traction and rough road traction are key.
    I'm about to buy tires for my land cruiser and looking at the Cooper S/T maxx or toyo a/t III for year round duties.

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    I keep hearing this about weak sidewalls on duratracs. Between my truck(s) and wifes 4runner(s) we've had 5 sets of duratracs. Only puncture wasnt in a sidewall and pulled spare duty for awhile. She did run one set of the kevlars though. Just threw a new set of copper stt pros on and first real trail we hit put a pretty good gash in the sidewall, but didnt go through. I'd also agree with what has been said about their winter capabilities, but I just put it in 4 and slow down.

Ok back to RVs.(I have slept a fuckton of nights in the back of 4runner and truck)

Name:  FB_IMG_1597366978516.jpeg
Views: 743
Size:  112.6 KB

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app
    I've seen so many photos and talked to so many people who have had the opposite experiences but mostly in drier climates with sharper rocks.
    In the PNW, it'd probably be fine. Just wanted to say what ive heard.

There's a thread for this.

ST Maxx are great but lose snow bite fairly quickly as the edges dull. They have burly sidewalls and wear pretty evenly. Somewhat prone to chunking

Quote Originally Posted by pyromaniacman129 View Post
    I'm about to buy tires for my land cruiser and looking at the Cooper S/T maxx or toyo a/t III for year round duties.
    On my 100 series, I ran the STT, siped, when I lived in Bozeman, and it was money in the snow. The S/T Maxx is way more aggressive than the Toyo A/T, though you know that. My brother ran through several sets of the Toyo on his V8 4Runner as he drove all over the west to ski, including several trips up to Montana, and Wyoming. He swears by them. If you're daily-driving the LC and it's a pulling other duties, I'd go with Toyo. If I wanted max street cred and gave no fucks about road noise; Coopers. But make sure you get them siped.

Ski RV's, who's sleeping in parking lots?

Yall are talking about running e-rate winter tires on heavy vehicles, right? Or are people running them on lighter vehicles, too?

FWIW, I’ve clipped a sidewall on cooper atw’s (on a land cruise), which resulted in a bulge in the sidewall. I retired that tire.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    There's a thread for this.

ST Maxx are great but lose snow bite fairly quickly as the edges dull. They have burly sidewalls and wear pretty evenly. Somewhat prone to chunking
    Yeah wasn't trying to derail. Back to regularly scheduled rvs.
    Keep seeing this rad 4x4 setup in my hood and want to know more.
    Shit picture but gets the point across

Ski RV's, who's sleeping in parking lots?

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Swivel chairs will have the seat movement controls and airbag sensor. You should be able to get the same connectors, little sections of wire, crimpers, wire loom, and some electrical tape. You just need to extend the length of the connections if they are not long enough to accommodate the swivel. Other than buying the stuff on amazon, it should add about 5-10 minutes of time per swivel install.
    Yea we have heated seats in ours and the wires reached as is. I think we accidentally unplugged it once swiveling but then just zip tied it better and it reaches fine now
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    What Porsche do you desire bb?
    I like how you worded that.
    I desire the panamera, but will probably end up with the macan. Still trying to figure it out though

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Swivel chairs will have the seat movement controls and airbag sensor. You should be able to get the same connectors, little sections of wire, crimpers, wire loom, and some electrical tape. You just need to extend the length of the connections if they are not long enough to accommodate the swivel. Other than buying the stuff on amazon, it should add about 5-10 minutes of time per swivel install.
    Yea we have heated seats in ours and the wires reached as is. I think we accidentally unplugged it once swiveling but then just zip tied it better and it reaches fine now

SVS- what’s the name of your new camper? You showed the non name side
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post

SVS- what’s the name of your new camper? You showed the non name side
    Her name is Judy... Big Booty Judy

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

mmmmmmmmmmm