Page 347 of 510 FirstFirst ... 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 ... LastLast
Results 8,651 to 8,675 of 12727
    Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Typed out something similar last night but didn’t hit send. Part of being a contractor IS dealing with idiot PITA clients. Nothing here justified the course of action taken by Aerocontinental.
    Just to be clear, I am NOT justifying the actions of the builder...

This shit still happens all the time in "build" type biz....and as said its what contracts are for right?

The buyer was dragged to court over bullshit and prevailed. Shitty way to do biz, but they aint the first, and it sure seems like GFC is doing well so it didnt ruin it for them either..

Sorry, the overland bloggers took a risk on startup that had *never finished a full scope project* to get a box built cheaper/faster/cooler/whatever than they could from a proven shop and were surprised when it didn’t pan out. Shocking.

Moral of the story: find a business partner you can rely on, call don’t text.

^^ Now they're a "shit" customer. Another lame attempt to legitimize the builders actions by name calling.

Actually they said they were working and it was proven in court by the evidence presented that they were not. So no "he said, she said" doesn't apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Just to be clear, I am NOT justifying the actions of the builder...

This shit still happens all the time in "build" type biz....and as said its what contracts are for right?

The buyer was dragged to court over bullshit and prevailed. Shitty way to do biz, but they aint the first, and it sure seems like GFC is doing well so it didnt ruin it for them either..
    Just to be clear my post wasn’t directed at you or anyone else in this thread, just a general statement/observation.

I believe in 2nd chances even for those that fuck up. Seems like due process worked as intended and a fair decision by the court was made. Hopefully both parties used this experience as a stepping stone and learned from it (seems like that was the outcome for the GFC dude).

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    ^^ Now they're a "shit" customer. Another lame attempt to legitimize the builders actions by name calling.

Actually they said they were working and it was proven in court by the evidence presented that they were not. So no "he said, she said" doesn't apply.
    The builders failed to perform, and their actions look pretty bad based on the court's order. I'm not defending them. The builders sound like fuckups.

The buyers overreached significantly in their counterclaim, all of which was denied except the simple breach of contract.

I wouldn't do business with either side in this case.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Typed out something similar last night but didn’t hit send. Part of being a contractor IS dealing with idiot PITA clients. Nothing here justified the course of action taken by Aerocontinental.
    Clearly many here haven't been effed over in a similar vein, nor have they put their own good word on the line in business. It seems like consumers have gotten used to being screwed by business and now just accepts that treatment as normal and perfectly ok.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post

actually text and emails are in my contract and can be used as a change order etc etc insert legal bullshit

text and emails are great because they are time stamped and dated
    a phone call/converstation is nothing but he said she said

gloating about a lawsuit on the internet is pretty low pick up your baggage and move on no one really wins in the end
    the builders should have had a disclaimer inserted in the settlement that forbids anyone from talking about the settlement ooops seriously all my settlements come with a non disclosure after a settlement occurs other than saying the matter is settled it's mum on numbers and what happened

and remember there is three sides to every argument what he said what she said and what really happened

I was kinda using what was in the court to make the "shit" customer claim. We all know some customers like to stand over you and some trust. Can't say who's telling truth, but that was basically "booths" claim. Sorry wasn't really changing the narrative.

Clearly many here haven't been effed over in a similar vein, nor have they put their own good word on the line in business. It seems like consumers have gotten used to being screwed by business and now just accepts that treatment as normal and perfectly ok.
    You keep fucking the same chicken. Read the recent group of posts here, and you’ll conclude that, after reading the court verdict, the TRG consensus is that most or all of the failure here is on Aerocontinental’s side. I understand that you’re perturbed by the earlier defenses of a fellow mag but can you admit that most of that (understandable) initial reaction is irrelevant now & you can move on?

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post

Moral of the story: verbal conversations are good especially to work through complex topics but always follow up with a written item (text or email) documenting the key outcomes of the conversation.

Can you imagine how the court would’ve handled this if the entire record was ‘recollection of verbal conversations’?

Solid maggot. This is a claim that rings hollow a lot of the time. Sounds like typical trustafarian douche baggery.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    gloating about a lawsuit on the internet is pretty low pick up your baggage and move on no one really wins in the end
    perhaps, but so is screwing someone over and then suing them. I still can't wrap my head around their legal reasons for doing that.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

the builders should have had a disclaimer inserted in the settlement that forbids anyone from talking about the settlement ooops seriously all my settlements come with a non disclosure after a settlement occurs other than saying the matter is settled it's mum on numbers and what happened
    The parties did not reach an out of court settlement. It was decided by a judge after trial. Everything that happens in court is public record. If you want to keep something secret from the world you should not bring your complaint into the court system and if you do, you should reach a settlement (that includes nondisclosure terms) prior to trial.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    You keep fucking the same chicken. Read the recent group of posts here, and you’ll conclude that, after reading the court verdict, the TRG consensus is that most or all of the failure here is on Aerocontinental’s side. I understand that you’re perturbed by the earlier defenses of a fellow mag but can you admit that most of that (understandable) initial reaction is irrelevant now & you can move on?

No I completely understand the initial loyalty, and that's part of why TGR is a great community and perhaps someday I will be a part of it. I did not react to the claim and counter claims because I didn't know anything about it. But after reading the documents and seeing the relativism applied here that's what irritated me.

I'm confused. What did the daddy indemnity agreement have to do with anything? All that says is daddy is picking up the tab for things. On their website, the customers suggest that that is the reason the builder sued. Like they were playing with house money.

Can a builder put a mechanics lien on a camper to ensure they get paid for their work? Like a contractor putting a lien on the house?

I like how the customers are personally offended they were served with a lawsuit. To start a lawsuit, you have to be personally served. The builders have no other choice. And the fact it occurred in in an inopportune time and place most likely had nothing to do with the builders (they hire a process server to serve, and the process server did their job). It's kind of weird that the builder (loser) was the plaintiff and preemptively sued. But would it be better if they just kept the money and ran, forcing the customers to start the lawsuit? They had a beef, and they went to the court system to settle the beef. That's what you want (rather than take the money and run).

This is just a boring old breach of contract case. The court did not find the builders committed any of the more egregious claims, such as fraud, breach of consumer protection laws, ect. The customers don't get their attorney fees paid (which would have occurred if the court found the builders were guilty of those other claims). I think the customers get interest on that $45k judgment, so the end amount is much higher. And the court found the builders personally liable (can't hide behind the LLC, which I assume was insolvent).

The builders should not have sued. They should have realized they were in over their head and given a full refund to the customers (and eaten the lost time and materials, chalking it up as a learning experience). But if they went that route, who is to say the customers would not have sued the builders for specific performance of the contract? They seem like the type to do something like that.

I wonder if the builder will file a new lawsuit arguing the customer's website post constitutes tortuous interference with a business? They better be very careful with what they say on the internet. If it is true, then there is no claim. But they are definitely pushing the limits.

didn't bother reading the blog but get the jest. Happens fairly often in the boat building world. Had some visitors this week first one had a mint 1998 chevy van with pop top. Friend just left had this, really nice set up.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tom camper.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	383735
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tom camper 2.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	2.17 MB 
ID:	383736
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    I'm confused. What did the daddy indemnity agreement have to do with anything? All that says is daddy is picking up the tab for things. On their website, the customers suggest that that is the reason the builder sued. Like they were playing with house money.

Can a builder put a mechanics lien on a camper to ensure they get paid for their work? Like a contractor putting a lien on the house?

I like how the customers are personally offended they were served with a lawsuit. To start a lawsuit, you have to be personally served. The builders have no other choice. And the fact it occurred in in an inopportune time and place most likely had nothing to do with the builders (they hire a process server to serve, and the process server did their job). It's kind of weird that the builder (loser) was the plaintiff and preemptively sued. But would it be better if they just kept the money and ran, forcing the customers to start the lawsuit? They had a beef, and they went to the court system to settle the beef. That's what you want (rather than take the money and run).

This is just a boring old breach of contract case. The court did not find the builders committed any of the more egregious claims, such as fraud, breach of consumer protection laws, ect. The customers don't get their attorney fees paid (which would have occurred if the court found the builders were guilty of those other claims). I think the customers get interest on that $45k judgment, so the end amount is much higher. And the court found the builders personally liable (can't hide behind the LLC, which I assume was insolvent).

The builders should not have sued. They should have realized they were in over their head and given a full refund to the customers (and eaten the lost time and materials, chalking it up as a learning experience). But if they went that route, who is to say the customers would not have sued the builders for specific performance of the contract? They seem like the type to do something like that.

I wonder if the builder will file a new lawsuit arguing the customer's website post constitutes tortuous interference with a business? They better be very careful with what they say on the internet. If it is true, then there is no claim. But they are definitely pushing the limits.
    You do realize that everyone hear can read, right? We don’t need you to interpret the court ruling for us.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    You do realize that everyone hear can read, right? We don’t need you to interpret the court ruling for us.

It appears some actually might to be honest.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

In the automotive/overland business,
    9 out of 10 custom builds always take 2x as long, the customers are always a PITA, the builders never deliver on their promises, and at the end of project the builder is ready to get rid of the customer at any cost, and the customer is left with a thing that is worth 1/2 of what they paid for and is full of bad memories and not what they dreamed in their minds.

Buy used, always.

..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1630102408.834135.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	286.1 KB 
ID:	383751

spotted this beast yesterday

I like it
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    It appears some actually might to be honest.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app
    That sentence makes absolutely no sense

You do realize that everyone hear can read, right?
    Maybe read, but definitely not spell.

smart people gonna be smart and mansplain shit just don't be that guy trying to be smart all the time is hard work and you look like a dip to most people

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    In the automotive/overland business,
    9 out of 10 custom builds always take 2x as long, the customers are always a PITA, the builders never deliver on their promises, and at the end of project the builder is ready to get rid of the customer at any cost, and the customer is left with a thing that is worth 1/2 of what they paid for and is full of bad memories and not what they dreamed in their minds.

Buy used, always.
    seems to be alot of jokers coming out of the wood work being van builders and what not these days
    kinda like contracting when there is work everyone is a contractor suddenly you got guys who can't tie their shoes in the morning telling you they can do an 80k kitchen for 30k you get what you pay for and what you choose

most of these vans are crazy I get the 180k van that is totally pimp but some of these vans that are barely built out are running 120k for a battery solar panel 12v cooler a bed a table extra seat and a rigged up sink and counter

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Maybe read, but definitely not spell.
    Yes, that slipped by, just like it has in so many of yours and everyone else’s posts. Good gotcha.

smart people gonna be smart and mansplain shit just don't be that guy trying to be smart all the time is hard work and you look like a dip to most people

seems to be alot of jokers coming out of the wood work being van builders and what not these days
    kinda like contracting when there is work everyone is a contractor suddenly you got guys who can't tie their shoes in the morning telling you they can do an 80k kitchen for 30k you get what you pay for and what you choose

most of these vans are crazy I get the 180k van that is totally pimp but some of these vans that are barely built out are running 120k for a battery solar panel 12v cooler a bed a table extra seat and a rigged up sink and counter
    Well when the tech bois are buying $400 worth of Ryobi at HD their labor is worth $400 / hr since they fuck up so many times and have to spend half the time watching YouTube. Mat is double cause measure once cut twice right? It all adds up

…fuck am I talking about myself right now?