Page 362 of 510 FirstFirst ... 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 ... LastLast
Results 9,026 to 9,050 of 12727
    Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Picked up this guy (HT to mcski for putting me on the scent!!) - first trip this weekend down to Mammoth for opening weekend. Girls, Mrs, and dog all loved it. Me too!

2010 Express AWD.
    Colorado CamperVan pop-top
    Bed platform for kids in back.
    Seats 5, sleeps 4+.
    2" lift
    3 feet of stoke

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    damn, very nice!
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by apex dave View Post
    Please don't put that shit on a pedestal.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Seriously? That thing looks awesome. Although massively overpriced. Sold my awd Astro for more than I bought it for last year after 5 years of driving it. Was a pretty good vehicle, awesome in snow. Pain in the ass to work on. The great unspoken secret about vans is that they suck ass to work on. Astro crammed an s10 into half the space.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

More reliable than an equivalent Westy, even though working on the engine through the dog house sucks. Interior actually looks well done.

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Please don't put that shit on a pedestal.

I don't know anything about awd Astro van so I am wondering what you dislike about it?

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    I don't know anything about awd Astro van so I am wondering what you dislike about it?
    5 years ago Astro vans were in junkyards every where. Now that vanlife is a thing ppl think they are worth 15-20k. It's ridiculous. My neighbor had one for years still remember that piece of shit up and down the driveway. To each their own . What's next Aerostars?

5 years ago Astro vans were in junkyards every where. Now that vanlife is a thing ppl think they are worth 15-20k. It's ridiculous. My neighbor had one for years still remember that piece of shit up and down the driveway. To each their own . What's next Aerostars?

Truth. My buddy’s kid had one gifted to him because it ran and the owner could only sell it for $1k a few years ago. Astros are long in the tooth require a lot of work to keep on the road.

But hey, congratulations to the people holding them when vanlife became a thing. Mini lotto winnings there.

Yeah they are long in the tooth...but what else is the equivalent option for the price? The v6 in it is reliable to 250k+ once you replace the lower intake manifold gasket, the suspension is meh but cheap to replace, lifting it to get 10"+ clearance is cheap and can be done in your backyard in a day. That's why they've shot up. And to be fair to the 20k posted, 15k of the value is in the pop top/build inside. Your run of the mill AWD astro with 150k on is probably ~5k -- stuff like this: https://www.carfax.com/vehicle/1GNEL19W0YB205917 . Which isn't all that different than the were 5-6 years ago when I bought my last one.

I get the price has shot up but that's because a) all prices have shot up b) there aren't that many better alternatives. Express vans were built til more recently but it's the same underlying platform in a bigger size/v8. AWD Sienna a good option but build out isn't as easy and used prices remain high.

AstroVans don't even have an octopus. long live the Aerostar!!!
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

“I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm...pow! View Post
    "Parts are easy and cheap to source as there's dozens of Aerostars at Pick n Pull."

Name:  Esoteric_Taijitu-5c85cc7b46e0fb00014319cd.png
Views: 718
Size:  9.0 KB

aerostars !

naw..... i jus outfitted a f150 (21-28 mpg) for all winter treks
    in fact my vevor just came in.... going to run 3 different heat sources (not all at once)... 1) 1000w jackery to 90v heater, 2) tiny generator (really tiny) to a 100w heater, and now the 3) vevor...dif sources for different lots and such (stealth, rural off grid, approved but close to others) ...4) cars heater. This multi option set up is for 7-30 days on the road and because i wont always be able to get the jackery charged back up in time.
    www.freeridesystems.com

Quote Originally Posted by Micol View Post
    aerostars !

naw..... i jus outfitted a f150 (21-28 mpg) for all winter treks
    in fact my vevor just came in.... going to run 3 different heat sources (not all at once)... 1) 1000w jackery to 90v heater, 2) tiny generator (really tiny) to a 100w heater, and now the 3) vevor...dif sources for different lots and such (stealth, rural off grid, approved but close to others) ...4) cars heater. This multi option set up is for 7-30 days on the road and because i wont always be able to get the jackery charged back up in time.
    I'm not sure what a 90v heater is but a 100watt heater won't keep you warm as it is the equivalent of a light bulb or electric blanket which I think draw 100watts or more.

in fact my vevor just came in...
    FWIW… I took my all-in-one diesel heater apart on my workbench and double checked all the connections and nut/bolt/screw tightness before I filled and ran it. It definitely needed some minor adjustments… I imagine they slap them together pretty quick on the assembly line and checking it over myself provided some piece of mind.

any of the dentists have one of these
    https://www.lokibasecamp.com/icarus-series
    web site is a little short on dimensions thought I might get some ideas
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    I'm not sure what a 90v heater is but a 100watt heater won't keep you warm as it is the equivalent of a light bulb or electric blanket which I think draw 100watts or more.
    90watt my bad

ive used the 90 w for a year. all it is to do is keep it from being less than about 50 in cabin

two -30 bags for warmth

brief car heater heating warms boots
    www.freeridesystems.com

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    FWIW… I took my all-in-one diesel heater apart on my workbench and double checked all the connections and nut/bolt/screw tightness before I filled and ran it. It definitely needed some minor adjustments… I imagine they slap them together pretty quick on the assembly line and checking it over myself provided some piece of mind.
    will check it out, not had time to remove from cardboard box yet. i do plan to mount on roof rack or in pickup bed
    www.freeridesystems.com

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    looks sweet but got to be north of $30,000 imo
    www.freeridesystems.com

looks sweet but got to be north of $30,000 imo
    Start at $69,000, so you'd assume most of them are over $80k with options. For that kind of coin I'd think a camper that replaces the truck bed would make a lot more sense. It could be bigger without overloading the truck, which they all seem to do, often dramatically.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    /\//\ *cringe* yuck...

I always forget about the Aerostars that offered AWD from 90-97 in the XLT and EB trims. Not a terrible package with 23-25mpg hwy, 5000lb towing

There was a poster here that loved those awd Aerostars. I can’t remember his username. Was it creaky fossil?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    /\//\ *cringe* yuck...

I always forget about the Aerostars that offered AWD from 90-97 in the XLT and EB trims. Not a terrible package with 23-25mpg hwy, 5000lb towing
    Over priced Tufport

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    /\//\ *cringe* yuck...

Astrovans before 94 or 95 got one star in crash ratings. And I don't think they were rated over 20 mpg. And they got horrible reviews at the time for reliability - I get what SVS is saying.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Over priced Tufport

I am supposed to pick up my Tufport in two weeks. I think that Loki design is probably pretty well thought out. I was thinking I could pick up some ideas on the use of space.
    off your knees Louie