Page 273 of 510 FirstFirst ... 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 ... LastLast
Results 6,801 to 6,825 of 12727
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post
    Oh here's a question: Is anyone building out with 80/20? That aluminum extrusion stuff? Where do you source your hardware? Amazon has beams on Prime, but the hardware I guess comes by Pony Express in like 3 wks.
    You can buy direct from them. 8020.net
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Only two-hundo? That's a crazy good deal compared to the Terra-roamer SmallJohnson XP or whatever for $500+. Revel retails for $180. And this thing looks wayyyyy cooler.
    Nobody ever pays anything even close to MSRP for a Revel. I got mine for $110K.

Oh here's a question: Is anyone building out with 80/20? That aluminum extrusion stuff? Where do you source your hardware? Amazon has beams on Prime, but the hardware I guess comes by Pony Express in like 3 wks.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    and from McMaster.

https://www.mcmaster.com/t-slots

Quote Originally Posted by OldMil View Post
    Nobody ever pays anything even close to MSRP for a Revel. I got mine for $110K.
    Doubt that is true in 2020. I could see 20% off MSRP for select customers but I bet more people are paying full price.

Yeah but their is website is borderline unnavigable. I mean like a brick and mortar?

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Doubt that is true in 2020. I could see 20% off MSRP for select customers but I bet more people are paying full price.
    This is correct- there's basically no discounting happening. Full price sales all day long
    they can barely keep enough inventory on hand right now. There was a sprinter chassis shortage even prior to covid that was constricting supply and then add on reduced manufacturing output due to the need to distance, folks unable to work bc kids at home
    then add on skyrocketing demand
    I know simple and a lot of you know this but it's for the other jong
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I use on of these style anti rattle devices on the truck. Works well.

https://www.amazon.com/MaxxHaul-5002...a-693753947949
    Nice, gonna try that.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Anyone have a hitch mounted luggage rack that doesn't rattle around that they recommend?
    Mine is mounted to the front hitch of my truck. I used the front tow hooks and some stout bungee cords.

Yeah that’s what I heard. Was easy to get em down to $110k, but ain’t now. The market’s crazy. I saw a legit 4WD transit properly converted for winter camping advertised for 130k with 12,000 miles I think.

Yeah but their is website is borderline unnavigable. I mean like a brick and mortar?
    Ok another 80/20 veteran here. For the long length parts (8’ or 10’ etc) you’ll want to find a dealer somewhat near you....otherwise the shipping is ridiculous. Amazon is the front end shop 8020 uses for many standard small parts, and while the shipping and handling still is high, it’s bearable and avoids fucking with their site. It tends to arrive sooner than stated. It’s the ‘handling’ that adds unpredictable delay. While you’re at a dealer, pick up some of the standard fittings you know you’ll need. They have different levels of distributors, incl guys like Fastenal. I found a place in San Diego that actively designed and builds with it, and therefore had a decent inventory. I believe most major cities will have someone like that.

Also many people focus only on the T Slot 8020 beams. They’re great for much of the build but if I were designing my bed platform now I’d use the Ready Tube https://8020.net/9701.html instead. Much better stiffness/weight.

Also clean off any residual oil and use blue loctite on all the bolts. I have 50k miles on my build, with a lot on remote dirt roads, and nothing has vibrated loose...so far.
    Last edited by frorider; 11-19-2020 at 09:30 AM.

Only two-hundo? That's a crazy good deal compared to the Terra-roamer SmallJohnson XP or whatever for $500+. Revel retails for $180. And this thing looks wayyyyy cooler.
    Exactly. Massively capable, super burly, but expensive to fix. Really cool platform for the $$$ if you've got it.

BattleBorn batteries has just released their newest version of their 100 amp lithium battery. This one includes an internal heater, so that they can be charged while the temperature outside drops below 27 degrees. An external heat pad is no longer required.

I ordered mine last night.
    And I will be adding a lock to the battery box door.
    Solar panels are being installed today.

https://battlebornbatteries.com/prod...-battery-kits/

1k for a battery?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Nope. Go check out the Revel facebook group (that is where I linked up with the dealer who gave me my deal). Half the posts are about quotes/purchase price and most people are getting 2021 Revels for ~$130K right now. Yes, there is a chassis shortage and some have to wait for spring delivery, but that is what they are currently going for. Sure, things may change but that is the current state of the Revel market. If you have the means, they are the best bang for buck camper van on the market right now. Also, Winnebago just announced the Ekko class C AWD which has MSRP of $185K which could be a great option for folks with kids- especially if they sell for well below that.

I stand corrected then. Hope my wife doesn't find that out

Taking the new camper van for a maiden voyage tomorrow. Tires are not the pressure I'm used to dealing with, ha. With T/A K02s the fronts are 55 psi and the rears are beyond what my gauge goes to, which is 60psi. My van is similar to a 4x4 sportsmobile, but not. I dunno what it weighs but the GVWR is 9500 pounds.

High pressure seems great for highway traveling, but WTF pressure do I put these on for snow? Do I really go over 60psi for highway driving? What pressure roughly for driving down washboards? Off-road crawling? I'm used to reducing pressure in previous vehicles for all these instances but I'm guessing what I think is normal changes for heavy vehicles.

just got one of these on recommendation from a guy who formerly owned a battery manufacturing plant and who sold me a 1up bike rack.....gonna run a 100 w heater in a crew cab pickup at night. charges off solar, 12v, or 110. found it used on CL for 7 bills with the solar panel. gonna run a boot heater too ....ive tested it and gotten about 9 hours of heat time...but i dont even sleep close to that long...havnt taken on road yet but about to giv it a test run....

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 9.44.58 PM.png
Views: 963
Size:  549.9 KB
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by Micol View Post
    just got one of these on recommendation from a guy who formerly owned a battery manufacturing plant and who sold me a 1up bike rack.....gonna run a 100 w heater in a crew cab pickup at night. charges off solar, 12v, or 110. found it used on CL for 7 bills with the solar panel. gonna run a boot heater too ....ive tested it and gotten about 9 hours of heat time...but i dont even sleep close to that long...havnt taken on road yet but about to giv it a test run....

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 9.44.58 PM.png
Views: 963
Size:  549.9 KB
    Similar ones on Amazon called eco flow.
    Curious how it works out.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Taking the new camper van for a maiden voyage tomorrow. Tires are not the pressure I'm used to dealing with, ha. With T/A K02s the fronts are 55 psi and the rears are beyond what my gauge goes to, which is 60psi. My van is similar to a 4x4 sportsmobile, but not. I dunno what it weighs but the GVWR is 9500 pounds.

High pressure seems great for highway traveling, but WTF pressure do I put these on for snow? Do I really go over 60psi for highway driving? What pressure roughly for driving down washboards? Off-road crawling? I'm used to reducing pressure in previous vehicles for all these instances but I'm guessing what I think is normal changes for heavy vehicles.
    Heavier vehicles need higher pressures to keep the tires from overheating. I run 80psi in my 1T van and in my 22' class A RV, even on washboard. It sucks for ride comfort, but blowouts suck more. Get a good gauge and pump 'em up!
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Similar ones on Amazon called eco flow.
    Curious how it works out.
    i will post up after long haul test
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Not sure if this is a good price. Canadian pesos but pretty cool unit

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...4881401906872/

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    Heavier vehicles need higher pressures to keep the tires from overheating. I run 80psi in my 1T van and in my 22' class A RV, even on washboard. It sucks for ride comfort, but blowouts suck more. Get a good gauge and pump 'em up!
    And get a truck gauge that goes to higher pressures.

Weigh your vehicle. Easy to do at a truck stop

Air pressure ratings are for maximum weight. Not running at max drop the psi, I run around 40- 50psi offroad and 60psi hiway on my e250.

I Carry a small air compressor in the van. next year will be easier, going to add an onboard compressor with rear air bags and plumb an extra fitting for tools.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Mute, what does it say for tire pressure on the vehicle? Isn’t it listed on that RV certification sticker if it’s a factory build?

If a home build then what’s the pressure listed on the driver side door sill?

I ran the recommended 36 psi on my 89 Vandura 2500 (and kept it within its load) and it rode well, had as good traction as you could expect on snow from rear-wheel drive and no tire problems.

Tire pressure marked on the tire sidewall only relates to the max pressure it can handle and of course has nothing to do with the recommended pressure for a certain vehicle.

Max pressure listed on the tires on my Celica is 60 psi. I’ve had retards at quick lube places pump them up to that even though the pressure should be 29 psi.

I meant to add that the chalk test can be useful, since many of us are running tire and rim sizes different than stock & therefore door sticker #s aren’t useful.