Page 230 of 510 FirstFirst ... 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 ... LastLast
Results 5,726 to 5,750 of 12727
    Quote Originally Posted by shroom View Post
    second try

this is dope

Attachment 324618
    I guess if you're like 5' tall it's great.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

a lot of out of work ski patrollers, instructers and lifties

Quote Originally Posted by whipski View Post
    a lot of out of work ski patrollers, instructers and lifties
    That happens every spring, no?

And what does that have to do with rv's?

badass truck camper build.

That homemade camper is sweet. Wonder what it cost for materials. I built a shed like that in my yard for roughly 1400. Seems much cheaper than a slide in if you're handy.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kailua_Boys View Post
    That homemade camper is sweet. Wonder what it cost for materials. I built a shed like that in my yard for roughly 1400. Seems much cheaper than a slide in if you're handy.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    There's no way he built that for anywhere remotely close to $1400. He probably has the better part of $1k into just the wood stove. If cheap is the goal, buying a used slide in for a few grand would almost certainly win out. Way less cool though.

I have no plans to replace my converted Transit, but if I ever bought an older diesel long bed & built a camper from scratch, I’d be buying composite panels from these guys: https://totalcomposites.com/truck-body-kits/. If you don’t mind doing all the shell and interior labor, it’s a pretty sweet performance:cost ratio.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Sierra Skier View Post
    Buttermilk Rd?
    Quote Originally Posted by skysos View Post
    Yup! I've got a whole bunch of spots bookmarked in the Eastern Sierra for camping with that rig. That's one of my favorites -- about a mile past the boulders.
    Attachment 324272
    I was down there myself last weekend. It was beautiful out with the fresh snow on the mountains and temps in the low 70's. The following pics were all taken from Ed Powers Road.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2159.jpg 
Views:	351 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	325895
    Looking NorthEast towards the Chalk Bluffs and White Mtns.

Name:	IMG_2160.jpg 
Views:	379 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	325896
    Looking back up hill from at Basin Mtn, Mt. Tom, and the Wheeler Crest on the far right.

Name:	IMG_8309.jpg 
Views:	361 
Size:	506.1 KB 
ID:	325897
    RIght to left, Mt. Tom, Basin Mtn, Mt Humphrey's.

Anyone got a line on a somewhat low-profile pop out support leg that would be suitable for supporting the foot of a bed. I could build it with wood, but thinking metal is more durable and smaller. Need to be able to cut to size about 19". I know these must exist out there but haven't turned up much while searching besides what is basically just the bottom part of a cheap pop-up table at target.

Something like: https://youtu.be/MRC31DRSzx0?t=110

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Anyone got a line on a somewhat low-profile pop out support leg that would be suitable for supporting the foot of a bed. I could build it with wood, but thinking metal is more durable and smaller. Need to be able to cut to size about 19". I know these must exist out there but haven't turned up much while searching besides what is basically just the bottom part of a cheap pop-up table at target.

Something like: https://youtu.be/MRC31DRSzx0?t=110
    There are folding shelf brackets that might work -- google and see what you think.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

buy a cheap popup table from target and use just the bottom part.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    There are folding shelf brackets that might work -- google and see what you think.
    This is obvious. Thanks. Something like this looks like it would do the trick. And is relatively inexpensive.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YXNSP2M...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    buy a cheap popup table from target and use just the bottom part.
    Yeah -- I've considered this since people want more for just the single piece.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    This is obvious. Thanks. Something like this looks like it would do the trick. And is relatively inexpensive.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YXNSP2M...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

There are shorter brackets that are probably less expensive, if that would work for your setup. You could attach wood blocks to the underside of the bed, then mount the shelf bracket(s) to the blocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    There are shorter brackets that are probably less expensive, if that would work for your setup. You could attach wood blocks to the underside of the bed, then mount the shelf bracket(s) to the blocks.
    The way I'm trying to design this is similar to the approach in that video. So any blocks would stick into the rear / eat up cargo space. Primary difference (in the bed setup at least) is I'm not integrating the mattress to save space when not in use while leaving the platform installed. This way it'll only be a couple of inches of plywood + these legs stored behind the rear seat. This makes up for the smaller rear cargo area that my gen van has compared to the one in the video.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    I have no plans to replace my converted Transit, but if I ever bought an older diesel long bed & built a camper from scratch, I’d be buying composite panels from these guys: https://totalcomposites.com/truck-body-kits/. If you don’t mind doing all the shell and interior labor, it’s a pretty sweet performance:cost ratio.
    Just a note that company is Canadian out of Victoria, BC so $US goes a long way. Maybe no duty due to Free Trade Agreement. Or just buy a used Class C with welded aluminum frame and vacubond composite construction.

Lol....they should've just posted this thread: https://www.tetongravity.com/story/c...4uBuR5F4hi5usE

Anywho, WFH means the bed design is mostly complete. Start building this weekend.

And ordered the Journey Off Roads lift for the Sienna. Their recommended local installer is pretty desperate for work so was willing to do a flat install cost that is very fair.

Neighbors are gonna love me having two lifted minivans parked in my yard like a full on redneck.

Shit! My neighbors love me and I dont even have an RV...yet..

Also not pictured behind me are another lifted 89 4runner and 71 bronco... just need a jacked up chinook to round things out.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200424_144918.jpeg 
Views:	312 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	326377

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

Damn dude.

Bet you gotta a nice meth lab though.

Cute pup.

Thanks for keeping us updated Double Doe. If anything would ever make sense for me, it would probably be a lifted Sienna. All I really want is something that can chew up the highway miles, I can sleep and hang out a bit inside and can handle snowy parking lots and FS roads...oh and not too expensive.

What year did you get? FS or AWD?

Are the seats fold flats?

How much is that lift installed?

Ok, I know I’ve said in the past that the Chevy Astro AWD Provan Tiger XL is the holy grail of ski RVs but I think this is tied. Somebody posted one of these that had been converted to 4x4 recently but this one is factory and looks really nice. I wish I could know what this eventually sells for. I guess I should be clear that I don’t know this guy or even if this ad is for real.
    https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/rvs...104018802.html
    Name:  F1A3BA54-4866-41A4-82D6-69D5E49C5E28.jpeg
Views: 1580
Size:  45.7 KB

goddamn

Amazing. Theyve really gone over it tip to tail

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

I would also like to learn what it sells for. "Turbo makes it zip" haha! I have a short bed single cab with a 22re and even totally empty it does not zip. Turbo only appears to add 15% or so. I guess in the world of $80k 1988 Vanagon Synchros this thing might seem like a bargain, but I think I'll stick with my $5k Winnebago.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T707A using TGR Forums mobile app
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    I would also like to learn what it sells for. "Turbo makes it zip" haha! I have a short bed single cab with a 22re and even totally empty it does not zip. Turbo only appears to add 15% or so. I guess in the world of $80k 1988 Vanagon Synchros this thing might seem like a bargain, but I think I'll stick with my $5k Winnebago.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T707A using TGR Forums mobile app
    Im both a yota fan and a 2 piece fibreglass fan but your set up has some advantages with reasonable extra space and a dependable diesel that doent gulp fuel. The rubber roof mod is a big plus, thats where i had problems with my c class. Pita having to continually seal that. A bigfoot/northern light truck camper for my tundra looks to be the cost effective way to go. 6 foot box has limited options though.
    This looks pretty sweet. Id consider a fabbed box for mine and the external access for storage would be perfect
    Canuckistanian dollars

Please view this ad:

Expedition rig. Custom Chevy truck with Bigfoot camper.,
    https://www.kijiji.ca/v-rv-motorhome...nt=app_android

Price: $ 47,000

Download the application from the Google Play Store.
    https://tinyurl.com/9x9f4jdName:  ad_1587870316852.jpeg
Views: 1425
Size:  74.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Im both a yota fan and a 2 piece fibreglass fan but your set up has some advantages with reasonable extra space and a dependable diesel that doent gulp fuel. The rubber roof mod is a big plus, thats where i had problems with my c class. Pita having to continually seal that. A bigfoot/northern light truck camper for my tundra looks to be the cost effective way to go. 6 foot box has limited options though.
    This looks pretty sweet. Id consider a fabbed box for mine and the external access for storage would be perfect
    Canuckistanian dollars

Please view this ad:

Expedition rig. Custom Chevy truck with Bigfoot camper.,
    https://www.kijiji.ca/v-rv-motorhome...nt=app_android

Price: $ 47,000

Download the application from the Google Play Store.
    https://tinyurl.com/9x9f4jdName:  ad_1587870316852.jpeg
Views: 1425
Size:  74.3 KB

Visiting a gas station in that thing would be a horror show, but otherwise it's a way better rig than the Sunrader. It's certainly larger and more capable, though the 4-door/short bed layout is a shame.

For years I lived in a '72 VW Transporter, then a Vanagon (still have the '85), and while those and the 'Raders etc are stylish and fun, for me utility wins. Are you trying to make a statement and/or get likes on the 'gram, or are you looking for a practical vehicle to take on adventures and be comfortable?

Sent from my LG-US998 using TGR Forums mobile app
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.