Page 92 of 510 FirstFirst ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 12727

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuanworm View Post
    that's a sick setup

AK ready, per the owner. no affiliation - https://bend.craigslist.org/rvs/5571042286.html

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
    AK ready, per the owner. no affiliation - https://bend.craigslist.org/rvs/5571042286.html
    That is a sick rig...

Buster, are you watching?
    This has you written all over it...

Quote Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    Nice Van, seems a bit overpriced though. I imagine the Superduty Econolines are going that way though since they don't make them anymore. Quigley 4X4 is dated at this point, poor performance and durability compared to other options like U-Joint.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

What do folks think about the reliability of a slide out in winter applications? We are thinking about a Lance Trailer with one. Smaller units without slides would be fine except they don't come with the winter package.

Quote Originally Posted by yardsale2 View Post
    What do folks think about the reliability of a slide out in winter applications? We are thinking about a Lance Trailer with one. Smaller units without slides would be fine except they don't come with the winter package.
    We had a truck camper with one. We camped alright down to -13 but the slide leaked like a sieve. Thankfully the rest of the camper was insulated to r-16 or so throughout. Our new camper does not have one and I'm happy it doesn't, especially during winter.

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    Nice Van, seems a bit overpriced though. I imagine the Superduty Econolines are going that way though since they don't make them anymore. Quigley 4X4 is dated at this point, poor performance and durability compared to other options like U-Joint.
    I am not sure why the Dodge Serro's aren't more expensive than they are. I'd rather save my $40k and buy this https://rvs.smartcarguide.com/listing/50562555/, plus you are stuck with the 6.0l PS on that Ford. Then again, if you are spending $70k+ on an RV, I suppose you can afford any maintenance.
    Food for thought: These are catching premo price due to 4x4 except...what the hell can you do with these realistically 4wd wise? You have zero clearance, awkward weight distribution, big as hell..I'd argue the price for these type of campers could be mitigated by buying a 2wd, good tires and a good set of chains. In that F550 ad he says " Being only 26ft bumper to bumper its small enough to get off the beaten path on unimproved dirt and gravel roads in search of remote camp spots but spacious enough to rv in comfort". Alright now...this thing can go about the same places as my neighbors 98' CRV, maybe less, you aren't taking any of these things "off the beaten path".

Quote Originally Posted by Tryingtostaywarm View Post
    I am not sure why the Dodge Serro's aren't more expensive than they are. I'd rather save my $40k and buy this https://rvs.smartcarguide.com/listing/50562555/, plus you are stuck with the 6.0l PS on that Ford. Then again, if you are spending $70k+ on an RV, I suppose you can afford any maintenance.
    Food for thought: These are catching premo price due to 4x4 except...what the hell can you do with these realistically 4wd wise? You have zero clearance, awkward weight distribution, big as hell..I'd argue the price for these type of campers could be mitigated by buying a 2wd, good tires and a good set of chains. In that F550 ad he says " Being only 26ft bumper to bumper its small enough to get off the beaten path on unimproved dirt and gravel roads in search of remote camp spots but spacious enough to rv in comfort". Alright now...this thing can go about the same places as my neighbors 98' CRV, maybe less, you aren't taking any of these things "off the beaten path".
    I beg to differ. There are miles and miles of fire/semi graded roads in the unitas and down southern Utah. Blm land that the f550 could easily navigate, and get you well off the beaten path. We ain't talking rock crawling here.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    I beg to differ. There are miles and miles of fire/semi graded roads in the unitas and down southern Utah. Blm land that the f550 could easily navigate, and get you well off the beaten path. We ain't talking rock crawling here.
    Yes, it can go down some fire roads/gravel whatever there is no doubt about that. But, that thing is as capable as a stock Honda CRV. This ain't no Unimog. Suspension has zero travel essentially in the rear,. They advertise this 20+ft campers with 4x4 like you are going to take it on Jeep trails. Maybe if it was lifted some more, get rid of rear dually's and get some super singles + suspension upgrade. Maybe like something like below. BUT, being reasonable, I know the Earthroamers are like..$400k or something ridiculous so $70k isn't bad being comparable. Now this thing is interesting... http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/5532319995.htmlName:  earthroamer-xv-lt-3.jpg
Views: 1588
Size:  245.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Tryingtostaywarm View Post
    These are catching premo price due to 4x4 except...what the hell can you do with these realistically 4wd wise? You have zero clearance, awkward weight distribution, big as hell..I'd argue the price for these type of campers could be mitigated by buying a 2wd, good tires and a good set of chains.
    Right, but this thread is about camping at ski area parking lots, so there's that.

Also, for people that are traveling over passes on a regular basis (WA state for instance) where there is a chains required law, it isn't about being off road worthy it's about not having to chain up.

Fuck all that 4x4 camper noise.

The answer is Class A towing a Wrangler Rubicon. You could get a ballin setup for 50-70k used.
    Live Free or Die

Craigslist sighting (not mine)...

1987 provan tiger 4x4 conversion - $12500 (Aurora Parker & Quincy)

Rare 87' Provan tiger 4x4 off road camper conversion 350 ci 700r4 heavy duty transmission. Leaf spring conversion. Suspension bushing. Shocks, ball joints, u-joints, alt, aluminum water pump, steering box, power steering pump, radiator and more. The engine has about 5000 miles on it and transmission was was installed last September. I have owned vehicle sine 2003. To much to list.

http://denver.craigslist.org/rvs/5592502272.html
    Last edited by AlpenChronicHabitual; 05-18-2016 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlpenChronicHabitual View Post
    I have owned vehicle sine 2003. To much to list.
    Nice. What are you using for rear view camera?

Quote Originally Posted by kai_ski View Post
    Nice. What are you using for rear view camera?
    Not mine...
    However on my rig, I am going to be installing a Kenwood CMOS-210.
    I replaced the in-dash head unit last year with a double DIN DVD player that has an additional video-in channel for the back up camera.

I still like my Sunrader. Name:  ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1463622403.258495.jpg
Views: 1559
Size:  265.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by AlpenChronicHabitual View Post
    Craigslist sighting (not mine)...

1987 provan tiger 4x4 conversion - $12500 (Aurora Parker & Quincy)

Rare 87' Provan tiger 4x4 off road camper conversion 350 ci 700r4 heavy duty transmission. Leaf spring conversion. Suspension bushing. Shocks, ball joints, u-joints, alt, aluminum water pump, steering box, power steering pump, radiator and more. The engine has about 5000 miles on it and transmission was was installed last September. I have owned vehicle sine 2003. To much to list.

http://denver.craigslist.org/rvs/5592502272.html
    If only that were the hard side version. I've been wanting a hard side Provan for years...

Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    If only that were the hard side version. I've been wanting a hard side Provan for years...
    I've seen them come up with this chassis but not very often.

this is for sale up the road

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1464014908906.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	71.0 KB 
ID:	182765

My god, that thing is glorious

That thing is amazing! My parents had the 2 wd van which took us skiing when I was 3 yo. Damn awesome in 4x4.

Needs space, time and money...

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/5620190308.html

Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    Here you go:
    http://slo.craigslist.org/rvs/5644348382.html

It's a rwd - however perhaps it could be converted?
    Looks pretty clean.