Page 344 of 510 FirstFirst ... 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 ... LastLast
Results 8,576 to 8,600 of 12727
    Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    I am just confused as to why you are camping in your garage.
    Hey, if your first inclination is to rig up a way to run a propane furnace in your camper in your garage vs using electric plug-in, my first inclination is to recommend staying in the garage where it is safe vs venturing out into the wild.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	28C1314A-F16A-4EC1-94C2-190FAF14B1D1.jpeg 
Views:	147 
Size:	825.3 KB 
ID:	383099

Wasn’t sure whether to post this here, or in the sports car thread lol.

have you never wed?
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post

Name:	28C1314A-F16A-4EC1-94C2-190FAF14B1D1.jpeg 
Views:	147 
Size:	825.3 KB 
ID:	383099

Wasn’t sure whether to post this here, or in the sports car thread lol.
    I'd hit it.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    have you never wed?
    I was gonna say it might be for guests but your answer is better

Name:	Screenshot_20210821-174439.png 
Views:	131 
Size:	805.7 KB 
ID:	383151

Must've left the keys in it

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Ski RV's, who's sleeping in parking lots?

The reason I asked is am building a house at exactly 11k feet in Park County CO. Its a looong cold winter up there with a very short season. Next year we plan to get the house foundation capped and garage built with the garage coming first. The garage will offer more warmth, protection and gear/material storage for the at least 8 months of the year that a popup camper isn’t going to be viable in that climate. We will have electric power set up and likely a vented heater in the garage along with suitable electric heaters. I was just considering all options. It’s gonna be a massive undertaking spanning a few years and we are up for it. I worked construction with my dad for 10 years and he owns a company in NE. Lots of diy.

Mrs C and I wandered through a couple RV dealers yesterday to look at travel trailers and toy haulers -- preliminary shopping for a future purchase, mostly looking at floor plans and getting ideas.

Saw this one, which is a perfect size. Offroad ready short toy hauler. Downside is the price -- the one we saw was optioned up to over $80K. No way.

https://www.coloradorvcenter.com/lis...plore-rv-xr22/
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

How about these $70k CAD slide ins?

https://www.lokibasecamp.com
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyg82 View Post
    How about these $70k CAD slide ins?

https://www.lokibasecamp.com
    Not sure where you are seeing 70k cdn? Seem to start at 70k US.

Thinking now about a 30k '15 Transit. 115k miles, ecoboost. Any feedback? Price point on basic vans still is crazy, but I guess these are 50-60k new. I would guess re-sale is pretty good now if I decide the platform is not for me. Wish I could just ask the guy for a 2 day trial, but that would be kinda ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    Thinking now about a 30k '15 Transit. 115k miles, ecoboost. Any feedback? Price point on basic vans still is crazy, but I guess these are 50-60k new. I would guess re-sale is pretty good now if I decide the platform is not for me. Wish I could just ask the guy for a 2 day trial, but that would be kinda ridiculous.
    If I could do over I would probably get the transit. If for no other reason than service-ability. Any yahoo can work on a transit, Sprinter has to go to a "sprinter service center" of which there are few, potential enormous pain in the ass. The 3.5 eco is a great motor. I'd look carefully at service records tough.

Also, tbh I would wait another season if possible. Prices are not going to sustain at current levels once the chip shortage abates Q1 l-2 next year.

I’m currently building out a ‘21 AWD Transit with the ecoboost motor. First 10k miles have been great. What do you want to know?

Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post
    If I could do over I would probably get the transit. If for no other reason than service-ability. Any yahoo can work on a transit, Sprinter has to go to a "sprinter service center" of which there are few, potential enormous pain in the ass. The 3.5 eco is a great motor. I'd look carefully at service records tough.

Also, tbh I would wait another season if possible. Prices are not going to sustain at current levels once the chip shortage abates Q1 l-2 next year.
    I plan to, but it doesn't sound like the Transits have as many issues as the diesel Sprinters. I've heard of direct injection valve carbon build up and turbos blowing up (though relatively cheap). Anything else to know about the engines or transmissions?

Yeah, I'm thinking about waiting, but I'm also impatient. Do you really think the prices will come down? It's insane for a T1N sprinter now. People are asking $20k for a 15-year old car with 150k on it.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaStoke View Post
    I’m currently building out a ‘21 AWD Transit with the ecoboost motor. First 10k miles have been great. What do you want to know?
    Did you get the extended or regular? I'm mostly interested in maintenance and durability of 100k+ Transits, less concerned with the build at least for now. If 100k+ Transits are not a long term solution then I'll probably wait until next year when prices drop or I can pay more.

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    Not sure where you are seeing 70k cdn? Seem to start at 70k US.
    I made the assumption of CAD, they’re built in Quebec somewhere, therefore my assumption.

Looked at the site more, and if you go to the store, the pricing for a mat or corkcicle are in CAD.

I really got no clue though.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

Did you get the extended or regular? I'm mostly interested in maintenance and durability of 100k+ Transits, less concerned with the build at least for now. If 100k+ Transits are not a long term solution then I'll probably wait until next year when prices drop or I can pay more.
    $30k for a 6 year old cargo van with 115k miles on it doesn't sound like a good deal. If you can wait I bet you'll do a lot better when all cars are more available. Ford and Mercedes seem to be two of the more impacted brands - so pickups, vans, etc have all gone fully nuts on pricing.

They are expensive new for sure, but the newer ones have an updated motor and trans that make more power and get better mileage + warranty. The EcoBoost is pretty solid, and has been around for a while, but 115k you're probably closing in on a bunch of services being required which will bump the price of the van up a bit.

but I guess these are 50-60k new.
    not in 2015- more like $30ish-k
    It seems overpriced to me but you don’t give a lot of detail. Assuming it’s the RWD? (boo)
    Is it built out? a good build out with insulation, lighting, solar, etc might make it a better deal than it sounds now.
    prices will come down now and don’t forget you are basically in full tulip hysteria in van-landia right now.
    Unless we go into big lockdown again, prices will come down (starting to see it in used car prices- albeit still small drops but I believe it will continue to decrease)
    skid luxury

It’s taken a while for the word to get out but I’ve noticed a trend where people are finally realizing that the Transit is a better choice than a Sprinter for many reasons (I’ve probably summarized them enough times in this thread). Jongiest, what van exactly are you referring to? Wheelbase? High or Med Roof? Partial or full build out? Lift kit or upsized tires? Back in 2015 a very basic transit Cargo with v6 could be negotiated new for $28k, eco boost around $30k. People often overlook the importance of a bomber transmission…. these all had the very reliable Ford 6 spd. As the transit became the commercial cargo fleet van of choice, there are a shit ton with over 100k. Commercial driver forums can have good info IME.

My 4WD diesel 2015 has 66k miles.

Given that Toyota said they cutting global production by 40% in the upcoming year -- I wouldn't hold my breath for used car prices to come down any time soon: https://www.bbc.com/news/business-58266794

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyg82 View Post
    I made the assumption of CAD, they’re built in Quebec somewhere, therefore my assumption.

Looked at the site more, and if you go to the store, the pricing for a mat or corkcicle are in CAD.

I really got no clue though.
    I did some more digging thru the site and did notice in one place that it said the Falcon line starts at 69,000, but in the model listing the cheapest version is shown as 95,000. One or the other may be a mistake, but in any case those are insane prices no matter what.

the 3.5 was tweaked in 2017 so not the same as new 3.5. Also older does not have 10 speed transmission that gives the good gas mileage. But so far I am impressed with the performance of the 2020.
    Last edited by BFD; 08-24-2021 at 09:28 AM.
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    It’s taken a while for the word to get out but I’ve noticed a trend where people are finally realizing that the Transit is a better choice than a Sprinter for many reasons (I’ve probably summarized them enough times in this thread). Jongiest, what van exactly are you referring to? Wheelbase? High or Med Roof? Partial or full build out? Lift kit or upsized tires? Back in 2015 a very basic transit Cargo with v6 could be negotiated new for $28k, eco boost around $30k. People often overlook the importance of a bomber transmission…. these all had the very reliable Ford 6 spd. As the transit became the commercial cargo fleet van of choice, there are a shit ton with over 100k. Commercial driver forums can have good info IME.

My 4WD diesel 2015 has 66k miles.
    I've been looking only at the 148" wheel base high roof, non-extended. I'm open to getting pre-built but I'm not willing to pay a huge premium for someone else's setup (shoddy or not). I haven't really priced out how much the insulation is worth. The one I'm looking at for 28k has a medium level build out. I consider it a nice to have, but not essential. The problem with the commercial van is finding a high roof is not as common as the mid roof.

I guess what I'm really trying to figure out is whether prices will go down in the next 12 months or not. It seems like a crapshoot. I would love to have one for the winter.

I'm just getting my feet wet looking at what's available and going to be as patient as possible. I want to see a couple pre-builts and evaluate them myself in person. I also haven't even driven a transit yet. It's good to know what a good deal is too so if I see one pop up I can jump on it ASAP. I'm astounded how fast T1Ns are selling. I've contacted several people within hours of the ad going up and it's gone. I've realized Transits for some odd reason don't pull the same demand as T1Ns which makes no sense, but works for me.

Transit production is hurting big time. 12 months? I personally doubt it. The auto prices are just going to follow the housing prices. Up up up...there just isn't enough inventory.

Dealer stock of vans is nearly non existent.