Page 100 of 510 FirstFirst ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 12749
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

I can't find a pic now but when we were searching I found one that looked identical to the stock bed but had cutout doors for storage compartments. Similar to this but SRW and slightly better execution. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20160928-210223.png 
Views:	188 
Size:	318.6 KB 
ID:	188880

sounds like you want a service bed
    Name:  tc bed 1.jpg
Views: 891
Size:  3.8 KB
    Name:  tcbed2.jpg
Views: 891
Size:  9.1 KB
    Name:  tcbed3.jpg
Views: 887
Size:  10.8 KB
    if its got tits or wheels...it will give you trouble..

That's initially where my search started but service bodies are heavy and many times the sides are too tall for a slide in to fit with no modifications or the tub isn't wide enough. I found what I was talking about, it was made by Royal and called a sport body but has apparently been discontinued. Stahl supposedly makes something similar called a grand challenger but I couldn't find on. They follow the contours of your stock truck bed and didn't add a lot of weight. Our camper is already over 3k loaded up so I really don't want to add any more weight.

Edit to add: the other down side to some utility beds (same with flat beds) is that the camper will be sitting up higher and changing your COG.

Name:  sport02.jpg
Views: 931
Size:  62.3 KB

Those service bodies like the Royals are really slick but really expensive. You can get a drop deck flat bed. The haulers use them for pulling goosenecks but then you are getting up into custom fab territory.

Some camper companies will also do build outs special for flat beds (Alaskan off the top of my head).
    It opens up a bunch of interior space not having to work around wheel wells.

Quote Originally Posted by AlpenChronicHabitual View Post
    Some camper companies will also do build outs special for flat beds (Alaskan off the top of my head).
    It opens up a bunch of interior space not having to work around wheel wells.
    Four Wheel Camper's got 3 models of pop-ups that are made for flat beds. It seems you need to do a "floating (?)" bed if you want to do a flatbed, so as to not twist the camper into pieces. I may be wrong on that.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuanworm View Post
    That porch is on point.

Quote Originally Posted by nobueno View Post
    Edit to add: the other down side to some utility beds (same with flat beds) is that the camper will be sitting up higher and changing your COG.
    Probably not much more than the platform he already added to clear the cab.

Saw this on expo. Any mags interested in doing an Ambo conversion? Diesel 4x4 $5k

https://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/3154434?ad_cid=13

Somebody better pick this up http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/5814504441.html

Even if it needs a new transmission.. This is a hell of a deal. It won't last another day or two guaranteed.

That dodge is a great deal if it is running good. It will go fast.

But this beaut is what I would hate to see back in the woods with banjos playin
    http://rockies.craigslist.org/cto/5811958668.html

Quote Originally Posted by Tryingtostaywarm View Post
    Somebody better pick this up http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/5814504441.html

Even if it needs a new transmission.. This is a hell of a deal. It won't last another day or two guaranteed.
    I'd be really surprised if it's not sold already. It's really hard to find a low mile Dodge like that.

Quote Originally Posted by bgrayvy View Post
    That rig is begging for a 4wd conversion and a diesel.

a camper in Ballard with no one living in it? no needle collection included? shenanigans!

Quote Originally Posted by shroom View Post
    a camper in Ballard with no one living in it? no needle collection included? shenanigans!
    I was in Renton a while back and a cop was busting some dude camping out in a custom hearse. It was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by shroom View Post
    Ha - Pic 12 on that ad says all you need to know!

Looks sweet, other than that...

Can't find it but was someone trying to sell a slide in camper in this thread?

Looks like I will be joining the ranks the the ski bums this year. Planning on living for a few months in the truck camper I just acquired skiing and snowmobiling across the west. Getting an Epic pass, and a Mountain Collective pass and plan to try and ski all of the areas on each (in the the US and Canada).

Going to use a trailer for sled storage, ski storage as well as storing items I don't want in the truck or camper. Weight will be a big issue so I am trying to keep as much out of the truck as possible.

Currently working on insulating the camper with 1.5" pink board on the truck bottom and I'll be putting .5 inch foil faced foam on the sides and seating bottom.

I won't be using the water in the camper, so I don't need to worry about it freezing, but I will be using the on-board toiled in emergencies. I just plan on flushing it with RV anti freeze.

As far as power goes I am going to put 2, maybe 3 group 31 deep cycle batteries in the camper, along with the on board 20lb LP tank with an additional 100lb tank in the trailer with a hose I can hook to the camper for extended stays. On my calculations this should allow me to run the heater for about 36 hours straight before needing a charge. So realistically about 4 days of heat before needing to take action. That will give me about a day reserve as I don't see myself not starting the truck for anymore than 3 days.

Anyways, these are just my initial thoughts, lots of reading and adjusting left to do!

Last edited by Yukonrider; 10-11-2016 at 10:34 AM.
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

That trailer might be a challenge for you in snowparks on snow days if they haven't been plowed, at least in the PNW.

You might consider something like this...

Might be lighter as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukonrider View Post
    on board 20lb LP tank with an additional 100lb tank in the trailer with a hose I can hook to the camper for extended stays
    Be sure you vent that 100lb tank in the trailer properly. Or maybe just mount two 20lb ones on the tongue of the trailer, outside?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

legality

Does anyone know the legality of sleeping in a resort parking lot? Are there any around colorado that explicitly allow it?

Quote Originally Posted by m27762 View Post
    Does anyone know the legality of sleeping in a resort parking lot? Are there any around colorado that explicitly allow it?
    Search JONG. There are tons of threads. Like: http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...-Locale-Thread

tl;dr: Most resorts don't allow it. They manage the FS land, they set the rules on access during ski season. Almost none explicitly allow it, some do allow it if you ask nicely. In Colorado the "ask nicely" is basically Wolf Creek and Monarch. Maybe Purgatory, Powderhorn and Copper. No one else on I70

Quote Originally Posted by m27762 View Post
    Mary Jane's upper lots have people staying in them. I don't think they say it is ok but they don't really enforce any ban.