Page 74 of 510 FirstFirst ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 12743
    Thank you! I posted from my tablet last night and couldn't get the pictures linked. Settled for just posting the link.

Who wants to go in on it??

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    Thank you! I posted from my tablet last night and couldn't get the pictures linked. Settled for just posting the link.

Who wants to go in on it??
    That's what she said.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

new back porch
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	032 (1024x576).jpg 
Views:	391 
Size:	340.9 KB 
ID:	167658   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	046 (1024x576).jpg 
Views:	1385 
Size:	382.6 KB 
ID:	167659   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	040 (1024x576).jpg 
Views:	1500 
Size:	307.0 KB 
ID:	167660  
    if its got tits or wheels...it will give you trouble..

^^^^sweet!!
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

Great rig, really love the deck...

Fishing poles on deck pretty suite setup!

not to be "that guy" but... could that deck be done as a fold down? Full size of the back of camper with Jack stands for support, stored up right flush against the back of the camper?

And +1 for the pole holders!
    "Those 1%ers are not an avaricious "them" but in reality the most entrepreneurial of "us". If we had more of them and fewer grandstanding politicians, we would all be better off."
    - Bradley Schiller, Prof. of Economics, Univ. Nevada - Reno.

Quote Originally Posted by flatNshallow View Post
    could that deck be done as a fold down? Full size of the back of camper with Jack stands for support, stored up right flush against the back of the camper?

And +1 for the pole holders!
    Looking at the images, I thought it was hinged to fold up with a built in support below that tied back into the flatbed.
    Pretty tight set up, it gets around needing to find the perfect spot to provide deck support. I imagine it could be backed right up to the waters edge that way (hence the rod holders).

Last edited by AlpenChronicHabitual; 06-09-2015 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlpenChronicHabitual View Post
    Looking at the images, I thought it was hinged to fold up with a built in support below that tied back into the flatbed.
    Pretty tight set up, it gets around needing to find the perfect spot to provide deck support. I imagine it could be backed right up to the waters edge that way (hence the rod holders).

p

Yes. ...it all folds flush against the truck on that big hinge...
    most decks are supported by cables running back to an upper anchor on the camper.
    I wanted to be supported by the bed and not camper ...hence the frame that redirects back to the bed.
    I will try to find a picture with it folded up.
    if its got tits or wheels...it will give you trouble..

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    I seek wisdom and guidance, Oracles of RVing. Looking for the following unicorn:
    sleeps 4 humans and a dog
    compact B class
    4WD a VERY nice to have but willing to live with 2WD
    good (~18+ ) gas mileage

All I can find as a match are the venerable Winnebago Rialtas? Are there others? Are Rialtas as awesome as RV forums would lead me to believe?

thanks

No class b will sleep 4 humans and a dog.Rialtas are Ok if you like a Eurovan with a lot of extra weight.Otherwise,get a sprinter
    “THE EDGE, there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.” HST

Quote Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
    I seek wisdom and guidance, Oracles of RVing. Looking for the following unicorn:
    sleeps 4 humans and a dog
    compact B class
    4WD a VERY nice to have but willing to live with 2WD
    good (~18+ ) gas mileage

All I can find as a match are the venerable Winnebago Rialtas? Are there others? Are Rialtas as awesome as RV forums would lead me to believe?

thanks
    The winnebago travato 59G can sorta do it. It would be very tight. It has two narrow beds.

They claim good MPG numbers.

http://winnebagoind.com/products/cla...ato/floorplans

thanks folks. Just discovered Roadtrek as well. If I sell one of my children I may be able to get into a used one.

Sprinter chassis, sleeps 4 pretty comfortably from what I can tell from the layouts. Anyone have experience with Roadtrek? thanks.

There are probably over a dozen companies doing Sprinter conversions.Roadtrek is one of the better ones.Some claim you can sleep on the chairs that recline.I couldnt,or wouldnt want to.The only ones that could sleep 4 are the larger class c type with a bunk above that are based on the Sprinter cutaway. Just check out all the many different floorplans.New ones are very pricey ,maybe 120k, so you may want to look at used.Even those are rarely under 50k.
    “THE EDGE, there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.” HST

If you intend on using these vehicles for skiing, you will probably have to "dry camp" without using the fresh water systems. You can use the toilet by flushing with RV antifreeze. However, you may or may not be able to dump in sub freezing temps as the antifreeze becomes a thick slurry at those temps and although it won't burst your pipes, it won't flow through them very well either. Also consider single rear axle vs. dual. Single wheels are easy enough to put chains or cables on while the tight clearance between the wheels of dual axle rear ends makes putting chains on the outside wheel a pain in the ass. You might consider an Escape brand trailer. http://escapetrailer.com/trailers/the-19-foot-escape/ More robust winter trailer, sleeps 4 and gives you a 4wd vehicle for less than the $85000 you would spend on the sprinter.

yardsale2: How do trailers tow in the snow?

Are all 4 humans adults? Have you considered a truck camper? 2 sleep in bed and two in dinette. This combo gets you 4WD pretty cheap.

This 24' class C has the beds and you can buy it new for $50K
    http://coachmenrv.com/product-detail...odelID=54#Main

Ski RV's, who's sleeping in parking lots?

Quote Originally Posted by Todds View Post
    yardsale2: How do trailers tow in the snow?

If the trailers wheels have the same track as The tow vehicle, they tow fine in the snow. If they are narrower or wider, the tires try to fight to get into the tow vehicles tracks. This can make the trailer more unstable and want to "wag its tail" as I like to call it. As long as the tongue weight is sufficient though and the tow vehicle capable, it's okay. But slow and careful is the key.
    Man, It was great...

thanks for the info and suggestions, keep them coming.

Current car fleet: 2007 Honda Fit and a 2005 Outback. Our dumb 'Master Plan' is as follows:
    Buy a <22' RV that gets good enough gas mileage, is easy to drive, easy to park and drive as a 'normal' car occasionally when you need the space. Which also sleeps 2 adults and 2 8 yr olds and a dog. Primary usage... 3 season camping, mtb roadtrip vacations + occasional skiing overnights. If 4WD or chainable, the RV would completely replace the need for the Outback, as it is primarily used for family trips today, we use the Fit for around town (Fits are awesome btw, I can fit a 29er mtb in the back with seats folded flush.) If not 4WD or chainable, we'd keep the Outback for pow days or dump it and find a used a cheaper option for occasional use where AWD is mandatory (like if PNW ever gets snow again).

Which is why I'm interested in Sprinter conversions or the Rialta, as from what I can tell they get decent mileage (pretty close actually to the lackluster Outback), they drive pretty easy, they are compact enough to fit in normal spaces. Our boys are at the perfect age to really enjoy road tripping, camping, biking vacations and 4 people + dog + gear/bikes in the Subaru even with a big roof box gets a little tedious. Yes, I know these are first world problems. A towable camper isn't ideal for our needs.

Of course as many have pointed out, I need to become the recipient of some obscure Nigerian estate windfall to pay for most of the Sprinter conversion options I've seen. Besides Roadtrek, are there other sleep 4 Sprinter conversion options that are popular enough to support a used market?

Saw a couple of t@bs last weekend in Idaho, they have some various sizes and can go from cheap to huge and pricey.

For a cost effective & reliable rig you could either trade the Outback for an SUV that's tow/sleep worthy and combine it with a t@b to have two separate sleeping compartments and some modicum of a kitchen, etc that an RV affords. Or just get a large enough t@b and upgrade your Outback (if need be) to something capable of towing it.

http://www.tab-rv.com/

a used one http://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2010-THOR-TAB-114768696

Funny I replaced an outback with a AWD family adventure van last year. It's a Chevy express 8 passenger, cost was about a wash but then I had Colorado camper van add a pop top. With a bed platform in the back My 2 kids and dog fit pretty well but my Kids are younger than yours. If you want to prioritize winter camping I'd look at a high top instead of poptop and add a ton of insulation.

We're a 2 car family so the van pulls daily driving duty pretty well. Do you have any DIY skills or have any custom shops nearby? That might be your best bet.

Marin born -> Chico State -> CH -> France -> Truckee
    I've taken mine out a couple times so far and am super happy with the simplicity of this setup. Its been great being able to get into tight campsites and unhook it, throw a tongue lock on it and have my truck available for shuttles or running into town (my buddies with cab-over campers are stuck once camp is set). Albeit these fiberglass rigs are hard to find and have a cult following but if you are diligent you can snag one for ~$5000. I see it as the back of a sprinter van without the front compartment part... And its only $20 every 5 years to register at the (California) DMV +$70/year to insure. The sprinter van was the dream but for $40,000 less you get this similar amenities setup and aren't buying a new vehicle. Dry weight of my scamp is 1,000# and if my 4cyl Taco can pull it, a real Murrican' car could haul it and you wouldn't even know it's there.

The r-pods and tear drops look rad as well, usually +++$$$ though.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image (34).jpg 
Views:	369 
Size:	682.5 KB 
ID:	167815
    "Can switching to Geico really save you 15% or more on car insurance?"

"Do people really call 911 thinking they will get seen faster in the ER?"

Quote Originally Posted by jskierpx View Post
    I've taken mine out a couple times so far and am super happy with the simplicity of this setup. Its been great being able to get into tight campsites and unhook it, throw a tongue lock on it and have my truck available for shuttles or running into town (my buddies with cab-over campers are stuck once camp is set). Albeit these fiberglass rigs are hard to find and have a cult following but if you are diligent you can snag one for ~$5000. I see it as the back of a sprinter van without the front compartment part... And its only $20 every 5 years to register at the (California) DMV +$70/year to insure. The sprinter van was the dream but for $40,000 less you get this similar amenities setup and aren't buying a new vehicle. Dry weight of my scamp is 1,000# and if my 4cyl Taco can pull it, a real Murrican' car could haul it and you wouldn't even know it's there.

The r-pods and tear drops look rad as well, usually +++$$$ though.

Name:	image (34).jpg 
Views:	369 
Size:	682.5 KB 
ID:	167815
    Nice.

I'm looking at the r-pod but those things new are like $18-26k +. Used ones are still in the $13-17k range depending on year.

You pull the scamp with a 4 banger no problem? Any mountain pass driving? I imagine loaded the thing is closer to 1700lbs.

The r-pods are like 2900lbs dry, 3600-3900 loaded. Wondering how a 6 cylinder would do.

Sportsmobile?

WestCoastPDR Guest
    Any of you maggots got anything one this?

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1434607290.132424.jpg 
Views:	496 
Size:	244.3 KB 
ID:	167822

I'll be installing mine in a few weeks and the lift kit should go on shortly there after.