Page 140 of 510 FirstFirst ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... LastLast
Results 3,476 to 3,500 of 12727
    Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
    We have this option but our exit path is out the side so it is not in our way. I did see and F350 w/a Northern Lite at Schweitzer the past few days with a bumper hitch mount with box for his gear. It caught my eye because they were using the same exact hitch carrier as we use on the rear.

We have the Let's Go Aero (https://letsgoaero.com/twintube-ubi-...ch-mount-rack/) hitch mount rack with yakima bar and rails on it and then an old yakima rocket box mounted on the bars. I attached a LED brake light strip that you see beneath truck tailgates to the Yakima box. This way when I step on the brakes the asshole getting coated in my road grime can see that he is about to have a shit ton of skis fly through his windshield while they drive right under the box and in to my hitch.
    I again worry about clearance/breakover/length issues when going up and down my road. Not a bad consideration though. Maybe a custom deal that acted as both a step and a ski box could work?

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    I again worry about clearance/breakover/length issues when going up and down my road. Not a bad consideration though. Maybe a custom deal that acted as both a step and a ski box could work?
    Dual receiver hitch w/extension? You are not carrying much weight in the box, you can get added height with one for clearance/breakover.

This is a pretty cool little rig: https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/r...541911048.html

16.5k for a 30 year old rv? Yeah pass.

I don't know how you guys do that.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post

price is too high for sure. I personally am partial to a slide-in camper because you still have a useful vehicle for other uses, whereas an RV is obviously for specific purpose and not much else.

LVS won't your wet bath accommodate skis at an angle? Use some rubber matt for the floor and a bungie to secure.

I guess I don't ski the big boy lengths so maybe why it's worked for me before. 😁
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

Quote Originally Posted by steveski View Post
    LVS won't your wet bath accommodate skis at an angle? Use some rubber matt for the floor and a bungie to secure.

I guess I don't ski the big boy lengths so maybe why it's worked for me before. ��
    No. It's more like a crouching bidet than a shower.

I think not neil and I have an idea in mind of a custom ski box that doubles as a little porch step deal.

I think Not Neil and I have an idea in mind
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E1bhgfB.jpg 
Views:	777 
Size:	502.4 KB 
ID:	229885

Have welding hood, will travel.....

Let's talk ski storage... our last Bigfoot had a bathroom with a tall enough ceiling that even my 192s could stand almost upright in there. New camper (since it's a wet bath) is a about 8" shorter in the bathroom. Not going to fit skis.
    Is there way to integrate ski storage into the platform you used to raise to camper? If you don't have too many skis you could could put them ptex down instead of bottom to bottom.

I've seen people mount roof boxes vertically on the back
    Name:  P3050765_sm-crop.jpg
Views: 810
Size:  73.6 KB

won't everything fall out when you open the box?

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Todds View Post
    Is there way to integrate ski storage into the platform you used to raise to camper? If you don't have too many skis you could could put them ptex down instead of bottom to bottom.

I've seen people mount roof boxes vertically on the back
    Name:  P3050765_sm-crop.jpg
Views: 810
Size:  73.6 KB
    Those packasports open from one end (either front or back) not from the side like Yakima/Thule. That's the only way I see that vertical mount working.
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    I wondered how it worked when I saw the RV in the parking lot. I figured there was some sort of rack inside. I've seen this type of setup a couple of times on RVs since then.

My truck camper has a rear ladder, so skis go into a ski bag that is then tied to the side of the ladder. A bike cable lock wrapped tightly around ladder rail between binding heel and toe piece secure the skis.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post

Price is high...yes but the Concourses go for $30k+ for year 2000+. Camper vans here in Colorado for 80's/90's E350's are $10k on average for a gasser 4wd w/ a carb'd motor that still needs work. Parts for this thing would be cheap, extremely abundant, 460 engine reliability wouldn't be a big issue, dogshit gas mileage sure and you wouldn't be going anywhere fast. It is not cheap..that is for sure but no decent camper is cheap.
    Just hashtag #vanlife #camperlife #namaste and your 400k mile'd 2004 Sprinter with about $2000 in parts for the interior is now worth $50k.

LVS.......Name:  CruiserGayness.jpg
Views: 666
Size:  46.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Not Neil_Armstrong View Post
    LVS.......Name:  CruiserGayness.jpg
Views: 666
Size:  46.4 KB
    Sweet looking rig, but it looks overly back and top heavy.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    My truck camper has a rear ladder, so skis go into a ski bag that is then tied to the side of the ladder. A bike cable lock wrapped tightly around ladder rail between binding heel and toe piece secure the skis.
    Now that you mention it, a prominent #vanlifer around these parts was doing something similar with a SportTube case. Managed to fit a few pairs in there. Might be a good option for the truck camper crowd too.

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Now that you mention it, a prominent #vanlifer around these parts was doing something similar with a SportTube case. Managed to fit a few pairs in there. Might be a good option for the truck camper crowd too.
    I saw a Thule box mounted vertically to a ladder then they built a rack out of plywood inside the box so the skis just hung there.

I’m getting closer and closer to buying a new Nissan NV high roof cargo van. Have any of you guys looked into it?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by tmokes View Post
    I’m getting closer and closer to buying a new Nissan NV high roof cargo van. Have any of you guys looked into it?

Looked into it but decided against trying another rear wheel drive camper van. Much happier with 4x4

Yeah but I talked to the salesman and he said Nissan partner up with Advanced 4x4 in SLC to convert it under the Nissan factory warranty. So $11500 conversion carries 5yr/100k warranty. With cargo van around $40k, you can get a really good warranty 4x4 van for around $50k. And this system will have 4 hi and 4 low.

What's the cargo space on those NV's vs Sprinter? They seem longer, but less room because of the bigger hood.

Sprinter has more space but NV has more leg room. Plus they say you can do everything under the hood. No removal of dash and kick panel from inside...

NV come with wires and lights back there and I heard their gas tank can accommodate mods to tap into for separate use like for heater...

Petrol heater?