Page 484 of 495 FirstFirst ... 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 ... LastLast
Results 12,076 to 12,100 of 12362
  1. #12076
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    on the banks of Fish Creek
    Posts
    7,151
    now that's worth stayin' alive for... gonna havta dust off my high school fake IDs an see if i can't sneak in.

  2. #12077
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Denial
    Posts
    2,480
    I plan to use my Revel full wet this winter. Some guys on the internet say its possible, and my investigation gives it a solid "probably fine".

    My goal isn't complete imperviousness to winter, mostly that I can shower at night, and if something does freeze it doesn't break, or end my trip. It has hydronic heat line running through the tanks, and I added a piece of heat tape on the water supply, and may add a heat pad to the grey tank so it doesn't bust the valve. I was hoping to just let the grey freeze, but worried the hard plastic valve will pop then.
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

  3. #12078
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Deep in the heart of....
    Posts
    607
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukonrider View Post
    I plan to use my Revel full wet this winter. Some guys on the internet say its possible, and my investigation gives it a solid "probably fine".

    My goal isn't complete imperviousness to winter, mostly that I can shower at night, and if something does freeze it doesn't break, or end my trip. It has hydronic heat line running through the tanks, and I added a piece of heat tape on the water supply, and may add a heat pad to the grey tank so it doesn't bust the valve. I was hoping to just let the grey freeze, but worried the hard plastic valve will pop then.
    There's some pretty good german infrared heating pads out there that get up to about 25c and draw around 3-4A.

  4. #12079
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    269
    I sometimes take a Navy shower to save water and that approach would also work for you to avoid grey water tank freezing.
    Usually it only takes 6 litres max and then you dump in a couple of litres of RV anti freeze so you don't have to worry about the tank freezing. The anti freeze is cheap and it doesn't take a lot plus no electricity required.
    I heat shower water in an pot on the stove rather than just turn on the shower. This allows me to monitor how much water I'm using.

  5. #12080
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,429
    You shower w antifreeze? Damn bro I thought I was hard. That is legit.

  6. #12081
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Was UT, AK, now MT
    Posts
    13,110
    Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    I turned 75y.o. last April so I am now a Super Senior and that means free skiing at Red, Whitewater, Panorama, and Castle, with Fernie at $99Cdn for season pass. So, yeah the EKKO motorhome will be thoroughly tested this coming winter. The EKKO will also be my ski chalet when nearby to my home mountain, Sun Peaks (had to buy a $900+ pass for SP)
    Awesome! Post pics and reviews........

  7. #12082
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Was UT, AK, now MT
    Posts
    13,110

  8. #12083
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,429
    You'll see it parked at a hotel

  9. #12084
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Was UT, AK, now MT
    Posts
    13,110
    Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    You'll see it parked at a hotel
    OVRLANDing is exhausting after all

  10. #12085
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    462
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8496.JPG 
Views:	215 
Size:	196.8 KB 
ID:	470043

    I found a Versahaul moto carrier cheap on market place and decided to give it a go . First self shuttle fishing trip on the books and it towed surprisingly well. Albeit the little raft and trailer weighs nothing. Van has 115k miles and I recently upgrade the rear shocks to the Van Compass adjustable falcons which handle the increased tong weight really well. Will see how it does with the heavier drift boat rig .


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  11. #12086
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sun Peaks Resort
    Posts
    821
    Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    The problem with Unimog, MAN, etc. is that they are too big and heavy to go into a lot of remote areas. This Toyota based overlander at least looks to address some of the oversized issues of other overland rigs.

  12. #12087
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Was UT, AK, now MT
    Posts
    13,110
    Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    The problem with Unimog, MAN, etc. is that they are too big and heavy to go into a lot of remote areas. This Toyota based overlander at least looks to address some of the oversized issues of other overland rigs.
    Outside of the cost, yeah, reasonably small footprint and certainly more than capable. Also built by an Aussie company, in a country that builds some amazing stuff and actually uses the stuff they build in remote Aussie terrain.

  13. #12088
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    your vacation
    Posts
    4,602

  14. #12089
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Aspen
    Posts
    2,848
    Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    You just need to shit out 9 gold bars to cover that nut!

  15. #12090
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Was UT, AK, now MT
    Posts
    13,110
    Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    You just need to shit out 9 gold bars to cover that nut!
    But, but, but, RV financing is available for a $4,000/mos for ten year loan with $20k down. Yeah, totally reasonable.

  16. #12091
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    2,102
    Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    You just need to shit out 9 gold bars to cover that nut!
    I know a guy in jersey that can help.

  17. #12092
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Denial
    Posts
    2,480
    Same problem with all truck campers though, nowhere to put anything unless you want to strap it to the outside.
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

  18. #12093
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Big Sky/Moonlight Basin
    Posts
    13,975
    Quote Originally Posted by jpcm View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8496.JPG 
Views:	215 
Size:	196.8 KB 
ID:	470043

    I found a Versahaul moto carrier cheap on market place and decided to give it a go . First self shuttle fishing trip on the books and it towed surprisingly well. Albeit the little raft and trailer weighs nothing. Van has 115k miles and I recently upgrade the rear shocks to the Van Compass adjustable falcons which handle the increased tong weight really well. Will see how it does with the heavier drift boat rig .


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Thanks for posting that. Iíve been doing bicycle shuttles all summer, but there are several sections where that wonít work and a moto-shuttle would be ideal. I will check out that brand.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

    "Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

  19. #12094
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Was UT, AK, now MT
    Posts
    13,110
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukonrider View Post
    Same problem with all truck campers though, nowhere to put anything unless you want to strap it to the outside.
    Outside of the pain in the ass factor of bikes, everything else storage wise for truck campers is a non-event. And I guess with vans, if you have more than one bike or two, they do take up a ton of space in a van as well. But at least outside the eyes of the thieves compared to a bike rack.

  20. #12095
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Posts
    16,443
    Seems like just crazy deals on van builds out there now. Coming back from a week in UT and AZ. The truck and GFC is great for solo trips or just me and the GF. With two dogs (one a rapidly growing puppy) the GFC is just not big enough.

    A 2wd older van would be perfect for desert bike trips or summer trips in general with the occasional stealth camp. You just can't stealth camp with the GFC and the Tundra is just insane on the fuel consumption.

    Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

  21. #12096
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    DownEast
    Posts
    3,019
    Did someone mention fuel consumption? How ‘bout a slow and rough ride?

    Something inside me still wants to put a camper box on the back. If even just for the #instahits #lookatme
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9821.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	472065

  22. #12097
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Was UT, AK, now MT
    Posts
    13,110
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Seems like just crazy deals on van builds out there now. Coming back from a week in UT and AZ. The truck and GFC is great for solo trips or just me and the GF. With two dogs (one a rapidly growing puppy) the GFC is just not big enough.

    A 2wd older van would be perfect for desert bike trips or summer trips in general with the occasional stealth camp. You just can't stealth camp with the GFC and the Tundra is just insane on the fuel consumption.
    12mpg? Dogs make it tough.....I remember those days. Now I have a kid, almost easier in a way.

    Spent the weekend up high....got a new lithium battery, I think I like it. We'll see how it goes this winter. It's in a heated area in my camper.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2023-10-08 at 12.28.05 PM.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	472069

  23. #12098
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,429
    Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    Did someone mention fuel consumption? How ‘bout a slow and rough ride?

    Something inside me still wants to put a camper box on the back. If even just for the #instahits #lookatme
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9821.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	472065
    At least on Bozeman, you haven't really made it until you are cruising around in some civil war era land rover/fj40 or whatever.

  24. #12099
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Was UT, AK, now MT
    Posts
    13,110
    Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    Did someone mention fuel consumption? How ‘bout a slow and rough ride?

    Something inside me still wants to put a camper box on the back. If even just for the #instahits #lookatme
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9821.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	472065
    I like absurd slow unreliable machinery and it’s why I’ve owned so many snowcats when a new sled would work better.

  25. #12100
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Posts
    16,443
    Bonus points for the Vermont plates.


    Yes, literally like 12mpg in the Tundra. Haven't added up the fuel yet from this last trip but I kept all the receipts just to see how bad it really was. I have a feeling van prices might keep crashing hopefully...just like mountain bikes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •