Page 238 of 508 FirstFirst ... 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 ... LastLast
Results 5,926 to 5,950 of 12695

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Now with more lift.

Attachment 329812
    damn, that thing is slick , any interior pics

whats mpg difference with without box

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    The camper has a lot of great features for its size

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    The camper has a lot of great features for its size

Agreed. I can't imagine that much weight that far back on a short bed taco though.

I’m looking for something to live in
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

I lived full-time in two different rigs over about ten years, often with noplace to plug in to shore power but needing to stay cold in hot desert summers, warm in the winter and dry in the rain. I recently sold my last rig, that I had pretty much made the ideal full-time dirtbag home. What I learned from all that was: be sure you can stand up in it. Get solar panels and a 12V swamp cooler to replace whatever AC unit comes with it, and four big 6v batts. Despite what many say, a Big Buddy heater works great. Don't get anything with a flat roof or a big window over the cab if it's a Class C--it will leak for sure. I had a Class C and a Class A, and liked the A better; both were 30-33', but the A had more room better distributed. I see a lot of rigs parked along the sidewalk with people living in them full-time, and nearly none has a solar panel or a swamp cooler, and I feel bad for them . . .

Quote Originally Posted by spanghew View Post
    I lived full-time in two different rigs over about ten years, often with noplace to plug in to shore power but needing to stay cold in hot desert summers, warm in the winter and dry in the rain. I recently sold my last rig, that I had pretty much made the ideal full-time dirtbag home. What I learned from all that was: be sure you can stand up in it. Get solar panels and a 12V swamp cooler to replace whatever AC unit comes with it, and four big 6v batts. Despite what many say, a Big Buddy heater works great. Don't get anything with a flat roof or a big window over the cab if it's a Class C--it will leak for sure. I had a Class C and a Class A, and liked the A better; both were 30-33', but the A had more room better distributed. I see a lot of rigs parked along the sidewalk with people living in them full-time, and nearly none has a solar panel or a swamp cooler, and I feel bad for them . . .
    This sounds like the good stuff. We got lots of RVs on the street around here and the town seems pretty friendly towards it (“downtown “ anyway). Good weather 10 months of the year. I’m sure they get visits from the police telling them they cant park for more than x days in the same spot, cuz they move around, often in kind of a circular pattern. Some folks look comfortable, others, not so much. I’d like to live in an RV or houseboat (Gibson would rule) some time soon. I may be dreaming but I love small spaces and making 1 day worth of oil last longer than it should. Ive been comfortable with a swamp cooler on a Louisiana Saturday night but it can get just a little humid. Maybe you use up a little gas on the genset to run the roof unit when it be 101 F at midnight in Breaux Bridge in July. Maybe that’s when it’s worth a night with shore power. Is the big buddy a catalytic? Also produce water vapor. Either way, Rock on!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Agreed. I can't imagine that much weight that far back on a short bed taco though.
    Ya it has to weigh a bit. They did take the rear bumper and tailgate off to make it fit. Maybe add an arb front bumper and winch for balast. I had a fakrly heavy "okanagan" truck camper on my old 91 yota. I lived in it for a couple years and it was jam packed. Front did ride a bit high until i added a new leaf pack ,with an extra leaf spring , in the back. Then all good

4WD 7.3PSD w/100K on the clock and a wicked cool poptop. Assuming the top is well-engineered and isn't leak-prone, this seems like one of the better van deals I've seen in a long long time.

https://www.expeditionportal.com/for...ute-ii.215619/

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    4WD 7.3PSD w/100K on the clock and a wicked cool poptop. Assuming the top is well-engineered and isn't leak-prone, this seems like one of the better van deals I've seen in a long long time.

https://www.expeditionportal.com/for...ute-ii.215619/
    Was just drooling over that when they posted it. Curious about the fabric portion of the pop top though

It's also manual swapped It looks like

I am looking in to a Hiker Trailer. Anyone have one, or know anything about them. The Off-road model seems rad,
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    I am looking in to a Hiker Trailer. Anyone have one, or know anything about them. The Off-road model seems rad,
    See previous posts about not spending a lot of money on something you can't stand up in.

Google says those Beka things are around 900 lbs dry, which is pretty damn light. But yeah, by the time it has propane, beer, and people in it, you'd be right at the truck's max payload (probably over), with a lot of that weight rearward and high.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    if you're gonna go with a teardrop, why not just build your own? lots of plans and pictures out there.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Google says those Beka things are around 900 lbs dry, which is pretty damn light. But yeah, by the time it has propane, beer, and people in it, you'd be right at the truck's max payload (probably over), with a lot of that weight rearward and high.
    Lighter than I thought. I'm sure it drives just fine, I'm just a fan of overkill and don't see gaining much in something like that vs a short bed 3/4 ton.

Lighter than I thought. I'm sure it drives just fine, I'm just a fan of overkill and don't see gaining much in something like that vs a short bed 3/4 ton.
    Seems like it'd make more sense in the bed of a tundra or something.
    If they'd sell em separate I can see someone doing that

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    if you're gonna go with a teardrop, why not just build your own? lots of plans and pictures out there.
    That is way beyond my capabilities
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    That is cool but for 16k, I deserve better then a plywood door.

Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    that thing probably smells like seaweed and hawaiian tropic

otherwise its pretty rad

quick shout out to snowaddict, thx for the shock job!. been following this thread, still holding that 100 hog gift card.

there is a rig for everyone apparently.

quick shout out to snowaddict, thx for the shock job!. been following this thread, still holding that 100 hog gift card.

this dude is quietly killing it imo..

Quote Originally Posted by mac10 View Post
    that thing probably smells like seaweed and hawaiian tropic; pretty rad
    FIFY

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post

Cheers man. Next time you find yourself in Utah we'll grab a beer.

Quitting my job in a couple of months to go full time in the RV for a few months, travel, and sort out the next phase of my life. Wahoo! I've always wanted to learn to surf so may give that a whirl....

Name:  Geo Pro camp.jpg
Views: 1346
Size:  480.7 KB