Page 27 of 510 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
    Anyone have experience living in something bigger? Like 24ft+ RV? They're a dime a dozen these days, and from the comfort standpoint very attractive (especially since I am considering spending a few months in one, including plenty of telecommuting time). But are they impossible to drive in any kind of snow? Is it critical to get a fully insulated/winterized one? Is there another thread I should be looking at? (yes, i'm being a bit of a lazy bastich, sorry)

Black Tundra white camplite truck camper. Leaving Vt tomorrow, first stop Abasin for a week then Alta for 2 weeks then Jackson Hole for Jan. Knock on the rig anytime for an apres brew or slug of irish whiskey. Phil

Classic RV, modern-ish interior - $950 (Portland OR)

This is a fun thread. I saw this one today! I'm not trying to buy it, so if you want it go for it!

"1979 Istaca RV, runs great, newer interior, working propane stove, working fridge and a/c, recently rewire majority of electric. Chevy 350 V-8. No water systems, they were all removed before I bought it.

I bought it and used it for about 5 years, but the brake line is more than I can personally fix, so it is time to move this fun truck down the line. $950.00 obo. Small leak in break line."

Photos:
    http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/rvs/2725288212.html

my wife and I have been living in the toyota for 3 weeks now. we insulated all the windows with 100 sq. ft. roll of reflectix ($42 at Lowe's). so far it's been really warm in there, but we haven't seen the temp drop below zero yet. the 12,500 btu furnace is one of the smaller ones, but it cranks out the heat. my wife is stoked to be camping, especially since i fixed the toilet she's got a season pass and new gear and she's learning to ski (day 5 now). she's loving the ski bum life so far, which is good.
    I've got the key to the highway... I'm gonna leave here runnin', walkin's far too slow

Quote Originally Posted by montanamike View Post
    my wife and I have been living in the toyota for 3 weeks now. we insulated all the windows with 100 sq. ft. roll of reflectix ($42 at Lowe's). so far it's been really warm in there, but we haven't seen the temp drop below zero yet. the 12,500 btu furnace is one of the smaller ones, but it cranks out the heat. my wife is stoked to be camping, especially since i fixed the toilet she's got a season pass and new gear and she's learning to ski (day 5 now). she's loving the ski bum life so far, which is good.
    This is fucking awesome..do everything you can to keep hold of that one my man....good for you.

As you are the OP, how about some updated pics?
    [obvious TGR call out] Of your wife... [/obvious TGR call out]
    Seriously though, of the rig...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rv1.jpg 
Views:	604 
Size:	365.3 KB 
ID:	105199
    day parking. our night hide-outs are top secret
    sorry it's sideways
    I've got the key to the highway... I'm gonna leave here runnin', walkin's far too slow

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rv1.jpg 
Views:	604 
Size:	365.3 KB 
ID:	105199
    day parking. our night hide-outs are top secret
    sorry it's sideways
    Fucking Awesome!

Nice backdrop you have there.

Werry nice 21' Sunrader listed at eBhey. Similar to the OP's.

Got $53,000 for that? Sweet rig, but who can afford that kind of stuff?

Germans? That thing would have some sweet mobility though (much like yours).

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    No fooling, how's a person supposed to gearwhore and afford something like that?

So Im checked into the GMD at Alta and my camper was in the day lot for like an hour. Sheriff rolls up on me while I'm swapping a pair of skis and reads me the riot act about camping. After a couple of mins I tell him I staying at GMD and he is all apologies. Turned out to be a real nice dude. Nothing I didnt already know but according to the sheriff they are gunning for campers in LCC.

BTW, WTF is GMD?

The 24 hour Walmart in Sandy UT is hassle free and free.

Gold Miners Daughter....

Yup, Thanks, the Walmart is tomorrow night.

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    The 24 hour Walmart in Sandy UT is hassle free and free.
    It is hassle free only if they like your plates.Do not have anything inside that a utah cop would not like

Hayduke Aug 7,1996 GS-Aug 26 2010
    HunterS March 17 09-Oct 24 14

I've camped in numerous Wal-marts and have never been hassled by a cop. Never.

They hassle people if they don't like your plates? Is that instate or out of state?

Recently in Ontario, OR, I slept in a Wal-mart lot that was a full blown homeless camp. It looked like a couple dozen vagrants- some with families were living perminently in the parking lot.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Almost all of the parking in Alta is in a runout zone. They have to keep on top of it because on interlodge days they sometimes find people sleeping in their cars and they don't want anyone to get hurt. Depending on you're clearance there is one overnight area that I know of in LCC, PM if you want to know.

damn, still one of my favorite threads on here..

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    Looks to me like they stole yer fucking idea...VERY similar to the "samuri".... (i put it in quotes cause i think it needs a new name)

That Action Camper reminds me of some of the campers they have in Oz, with a bed deck up high to keep you away from the crocs.
    I eat, I sleep, I ski.