Page 378 of 510 FirstFirst ... 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 ... LastLast
Results 9,426 to 9,450 of 12749
    Travelaire, Bigfoot, Northern Lite and Triple E are all built in Canada for Canadian conditions.
    Last edited by apex dave; 12-10-2021 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by apex dave View Post
    I don't know what would cause sagging. Pictures of every opening in the roof might be useful if there are big problems but won't give much info for the more common subtle leaks. It's a pity you can't inspect the interior for leak damage as that is the real test for the average buyer. (there is another pressurized test that only a dealer can perform)
    Here is an excellent video on Bigfoot camper construction.
    https://www.truckcampermagazine.com/...bigfoot-shell/
    Yeah, it's definitely a gamble buying one of these things since they're so rare, but I figure a cherry would last years and have a great resale value to make it worth it. Thanks for the link, really helps with understanding where everything's situated. Hopefully I get the one they made that day for the camera lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    The resin will slowly creep over time, especially with exposure to heat and/or consistent pressure. My NL has a couple sags in the roof but it's still watertight and structurally sound.

Sagging roofs are discussed somewhat often on RV forums.

Boat hulls will deform similarly if left on the stand too long.
    That's compelling with the boat hull, and it's hard to deny their weathertightness.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hull distortion 2.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	374.3 KB 
ID:	396104
    Camping in your NL with the bit of sag, have you had any issues with the weight of snow on the roof? I would guess a heavy dump would expand the depression over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    Lotta $$ for an older Bigfoot, but the clamshell design will last forever. I have a 1993 Travellaire (similar to Bigfoot design) that had water damage from living in coastal Alaska. I ripped out interior and remodeled, good for another 30 yrs. Those shells are bomber. The sagging window seals can be replaced very easily.
    Thanks for the reply. Massive job with the Travelaire, I've seen a write-up of someone's work on just a few sections of water damage and it's an impressive feat. What do you think would be a fair price? I'm thinking of offering $9k, but given the seller's market, any negotiation would probably need a strong case.

I find the size and layout of these very attractive. What do we think about this price? It’s basically a little less than half of what a new one would go for but it’s got almost 150k miles. Is it going to make it to 300k without replacing everything that moves?
    https://hartford.craigslist.org/rvd/...417331802.html
    Name:  D61B480C-9961-499B-80F5-4AFCDBDBBE03.jpeg
Views: 692
Size:  51.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    I find the size and layout of these very attractive. What do we think about this price? It’s basically a little less than half of what a new one would go for but it’s got almost 150k miles. Is it going to make it to 300k without replacing everything that moves?
    https://hartford.craigslist.org/rvd/...417331802.html
    Name:  D61B480C-9961-499B-80F5-4AFCDBDBBE03.jpeg
Views: 692
Size:  51.7 KB
    I hope you like refueling

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    I hope you like refueling

What do you figure? 12 mpg?

A mediocre quality unit with too many miles. Almost certainly an ex rental. I have the v10 and it is a good motor but the plugs have to be changed at 100,000 km and that is a bitch.

What do you figure? 12 mpg?
    7-10 with no load, I’d imagine 5-7 actual with that vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    7-10 with no load, I’d imagine 5-7 actual with that vehicle

So what are the 30 ft class Cs getting? Like 3 mpg? I believe the mileage sucks but that seems like hyperbole. What kind of mileage do you get from yours Dave? And yes; it’s an ex rental. It’s a Cruise America dealer advertising it.

My 24 foot Triple E is a Super Duty 450 not the 350 in the ad so bit heavier and we are in BC so lots of mountains. It get 10ish Imperial MPG. I always tell people if you can't afford the gas don't buy the RV.

At least that one is a v10. That is almost certainly an ex-Cruise America rental, I usually only see them with the V8 though. I bet 9mpg is realistic which gives you a respectable range with a 40 gal tank.

So what are the 30 ft class Cs getting? Like 3 mpg? I believe the mileage sucks but that seems like hyperbole. What kind of mileage do you get from yours Dave? And yes; it’s an ex rental. It’s a Cruise America dealer advertising it.
    I'd don't know what Class Cs get, but a 2021 Tundra with the 5.7L engine is EPA-rated at 13 city/17 highway. That's a half-ton pickup without cargo. Safe to assume that a 20-ft Class C RV with a V10 gets at least 33% fewer MPG, and 50% less is definitely possible.

My 24 foot Triple E is a Super Duty 450 not the 350 in the ad so bit heavier and we are in BC so lots of mountains. It get 10ish Imperial MPG. I always tell people if you can't afford the gas don't buy the RV.
    That’s about what I thought. So can I safely guess that a shorter one would do a little better most likely? Honestly, I can’t see myself paying that for that vehicle. The way things are now, they probably won’t deal but if they did, what is a fair price? Like 30k? It’s probably not even worth taking an afternoon to drive over and look I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    At least that one is a v10. That is almost certainly an ex-Cruise America rental, I usually only see them with the V8 though. I bet 9mpg is realistic which gives you a respectable range with a 40 gal tank.
    The ex rental is a good thing as it means the rental company maintained it with regular oil changes etc. Also manufacturers build rental RVs a little sturdier than non rentals as they know it will get rugged use and more use as a rental.

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    The ex rental is a good thing as it means the rental company maintained it with regular oil changes etc. Also manufacturers build rental RVs a little sturdier than non rentals as they know it will get rugged use and more use as a rental.
    Fair point. I usually think of anything rental being beat to shit but I do see what you are saying.

I just realized this unit has 148,000 MILES not kilometers like I'm used to. That is 238,000 Km and way, way too many miles in my book.

Travelaire, Bigfoot, Northern Lite and Triple E are all built in Canada for Canadian conditions.
    Yup, I know, all great designs. Mine now has R10 insulation, 2” thick XPS walls. Very short plumbing runs, no grey/black tank to freeze, dry flush toilet, on demand water heater, diesel heat. Good ski rig. Used it in Yukon dead of winter no issues.

I just realized this unit has 148,000 MILES not kilometers like I'm used to. That is 238,000 Km and way, way too many miles in my book.
    wow canadian cars must suck
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

I work in the world of camping and RVing. There is no way that I would buy an ex-rental RV with that kind of mileage. The users of those units do some very interesting things .

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    I'd don't know what Class Cs get, but a 2021 Tundra with the 5.7L engine is EPA-rated at 13 city/17 highway. That's a half-ton pickup without cargo. Safe to assume that a 20-ft Class C RV with a V10 gets at least 33% fewer MPG, and 50% less is definitely possible.
    The 2021 Tundra 5.7...which is the same 5.7 in my 2012 Tundra with 200k on it gets 8mpg with my camper. 12mpg without. 3'' lift, 35's, 2k payload with camper. Not ideal but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by weibo View Post
    I work in the world of camping and RVing. There is no way that I would buy an ex-rental RV with that kind of mileage. The users of those units do some very interesting things .
    I appreciate the analysis. I think they will find a buyer based on it being a 2018 but I can't get past the mileage myself.

Since it was just discussed. Owl vans storage locker. Fancy

Saw these today. Funny they are both parked in front of a motel

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Interesting - the Coachman doesn't seem big enough to warrant a tag axle,

I'm guessing the drive axle is not a dually, thus gaining some interior width, but kinda costly. I don't think Coachman is a luxury brand but they might have had a high end model back then.

That is for the hot tub.