Page 241 of 508 FirstFirst ... 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,025 of 12695
    Quote Originally Posted by myles long View Post
    Check out this build....I think he started with a f450 dually and made is a super single: https://youtu.be/gNQ8YGWE5c4

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Expensive. But well produced ... "This is my incredible girlfriend Ashley and my adventure dog kicker, who is smelling the breeze."

Cool build. Way more work than I was thinking.
    I was thinking that with a clever pass-through 'door', it would still be a pickup when the camper part was removed.

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    Expensive. But well produced ... "This is my incredible girlfriend Ashley and my adventure dog kicker, who is smelling the breeze."

Cool build. Way more work than I was thinking.
    I was thinking that with a clever pass-through 'door', it would still be a pickup when the camper part was removed.
    If you wanted something that wasn't permanent, I'd stick to some kind of crawl through with the stock window opening. And also, I'd skip the 150 and go 3/4-1 ton. Campers are heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    If you wanted something that wasn't permanent, I'd stick to some kind of crawl through with the stock window opening.
    There's flex in the frame of a pickup, so the cab moves on its body mounts different from the bed (bolted straight to the frame). If you were to make a solid door between the cab and bed, it would break -- that junction has to be flexible.

If you want to do a "crawl-through the rear window of a pickup to the camper," there used to be inflatable donut things that would take up that space and create a seal of sorts. I think they tended to abrade paint though.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    There's flex in the frame of a pickup, so the cab moves on its body mounts different from the bed (bolted straight to the frame). If you were to make a solid door between the cab and bed, it would break -- that junction has to be flexible.

If you want to do a "crawl-through the rear window of a pickup to the camper," there used to be inflatable donut things that would take up that space and create a seal of sorts. I think they tended to abrade paint though.
    Yup. And older trucks are generally much flexier. Accordion boot or similar can be used between the front and back. I was envisioning a hatch to take the place of the back window that could be removed and have a boot in place when using the camper.

Thanks guys. I'm learning. So F250 instead? What about Chevy 2500 and/or ecoboost? Diesel/gas is always a conundrum. Scotty Kilmer says to stay away from that crap (ecoboost and V6). But fuel economy (oxymoron) ? I hate the sound that diesel makes? Vanlife with typical vans seems a bit limiting when a pickup truck can serve double duty and be a camper and a pickup and a towing machine. I might be looking at a cheap F150 but for the aspect of towing ... maybe a 250 is a better idea. Typical used Sprinters have become so overpriced and used camper tops are cheap and often have a toilet/stove/etc already installed. Shucks the guy next door gave away a North Lite last year FREE and it looked in pretty good shape. That guy's setup in Alaska Full Send Alaska Overland has got me inspired about the pickup truck route https://www.youtube.com/user/AlaskaCreeker

Ski RV's, who's sleeping in parking lots?

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I used to have one of those inflatable things. It worked OK.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

I had a rubber boot between cab and shell. Worked fine. Normal procedure was to cover the cab area with clear protective film, which IME prevented paint abrasion.

Back in the day I had a K5 Blazer (the original big one) and fiberglass Mountaineer pop top replacing the stock removable top to make it walk through. Propane fridge, 2 burner stove, furnace, 4x4 with posi, all the bells and whistles. I sold it because the mileage was bankrupting me.
    Last edited by apex dave; 06-20-2020 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    If you wanted something that wasn't permanent, I'd stick to some kind of crawl through with the stock window opening. And also, I'd skip the 150 and go 3/4-1 ton. Campers are heavy.
    Isn’t there an option on the yota pickups to have the back glass powered (like a window)? I know the 4runners all have it but don’t know about the trucks.

I was looking into this idea a few months ago and there was a bed cap company that had some sort of option for a sliding front glass piece. Forgot the company of course.

I had a small okanogan camper on my 91 yota truck. Camper had a sliding window next to the cab that lined up with the sliding rear window on the truck. I left both windows open and made a foam gasket to fit between the cab and camper. Slide out of the rack, thru the window and into the driver seat and off we go. Nice seperation having the kitty litter on the floor in front of the passenger seat too

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Ski RV's, who's sleeping in parking lots?

Quote Originally Posted by mac10 View Post
    Attachment 331432

[ATTACH=CONFIG]331430[/ATTACH

Posted from : Dumm Phone RU-69 with sketchy signal strength
    Yeah, 3 trucks earlier the lance dealer told him his 1/2 ton would be “plenty; just don’t use overdrive in the mountains.”

Also, it probably does have a floating bed (or whatever it’s called” so you get less twist put into the camper. Vibrations OTOH...

If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    I had a small okanogan camper on my 91 yota truck. Camper had a sliding window next to the cab that lined up with the sliding rear window on the truck. I left both windows open and made a foam gasket to fit between the cab and camper. Slide out of the rack, thru the window and into the driver seat and off we go. Nice seperation having the kitty litter on the floor in front of the passenger seat too

Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Isn’t there an option on the yota pickups to have the back glass powered (like a window)? I know the 4runners all have it but don’t know about the trucks.

I was looking into this idea a few months ago and there was a bed cap company that had some sort of option for a sliding front glass piece. Forgot the company of course.
    My 06 Tundra had a full cab-width power rear window. Really nice option. They called it a quad-cab I think, four real doors and real seating for five adults, and a 74 inch bed. It was the last year of the gen 1 Tundra. Best configuration ever available on a Tundra and of course, not available since. Of course it was a gas hog and underpowered and undersprung compared to the new ones.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

it has dual ashtrays.....

and a happy foot...

and all this can be yours for just $70,995.00....what a deal!

https://www.paulsherryconversionvans...ger-cp13538t/#

Want!!!

Baller! Might need disinfecting or maybe thats included

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Baller! Might need disinfecting or maybe thats included

Maybe but, whatever you do, DO NOT install a black light

shagalicious baby
    embrace the gape
    and believe

saw this on the freewayName:  20200628_070816.jpeg
Views: 777
Size:  70.2 KB

Imagine trying to get chains on that thing. Maybe it's FWD.

short people....

Saw its sister in West Yellowstone the other day.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3471.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	1.84 MB 
ID:	332878

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Very strange vehicles

I saw one parked at Alta a few years ago.