Page 165 of 510 FirstFirst ... 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,125 of 12727
    Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    Very cool, but right hand drive though...

Is someone not ambidextrous? You haven't lived until you've rowed it southpaw

I've give my right arm to be ambidextrous

Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post
    By putting this here, I'm hoping it means I don't have to buy it myself. Drool.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/r...760201787.html
    that thing looks awesome , 4wd too, a little better from front than side (boxy), lol
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

^^^ Did you sell your rig?

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    ^^^ Did you sell your rig?
    me?
    the forester or the class c?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rv1.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	971.0 KB 
ID:	258000
    stored up near canada

Name:	rvCover.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	891.1 KB 
ID:	258001
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

pro tip for promaster owners

drivers side, unlock button can be accessed w a strait coat hanger.

way too easy.

(i did not get robbed, but the fed ex truck i bought did)

Curious about this from an enforcement standpoint, not safety. Safety is always a priority.

For those who are just over 10k GVWR (most anyone with a camper), do you chain up when the sign says so? Ever been stopped, weighed, cited, imprisoned, tortured, beaten?

Bottom line, is being a few thousand lbs over tantamount to driving a few mph over the limit in the eyes of the law?

I will be carrying chains regardless, just prefer to keep on truckin vs beating up an already fully loaded tire with chains. Autosocks are a consideration, but I'm not sure they'd be an improvement over studded Nokians (stud police reminder: dedicated ski vehicle).

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Is someone not ambidextrous? You haven't lived until you've rowed it southpaw
    My life goal is to become an ambi-turner...

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    Yeah, that guy posts a lot of those JDM RVs. Tried to talk the wife into one, but she wouldn't bite. They're slick. Anyone have experience with one long term?
    No experience in one, but a 2.7 liter naturally aspirated diesel seems like it'd make for a less than hasty pace in the mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    No experience in one, but a 2.7 liter naturally aspirated diesel seems like it'd make for a less than hasty pace in the mountains.
    I was wondering about that. I looked one of the isuzu variations posted a while back. Power to weight didn't make a ton of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    Curious about this from an enforcement standpoint, not safety. Safety is always a priority.

For those who are just over 10k GVWR (most anyone with a camper), do you chain up when the sign says so? Ever been stopped, weighed, cited, imprisoned, tortured, beaten?

Bottom line, is being a few thousand lbs over tantamount to driving a few mph over the limit in the eyes of the law?

I will be carrying chains regardless, just prefer to keep on truckin vs beating up an already fully loaded tire with chains. Autosocks are a consideration, but I'm not sure they'd be an improvement over studded Nokians (stud police reminder: dedicated ski vehicle).

Where are you located? Enforcement will vary by state. If you cause a wreck though the popo and lawyers may look into it, unless you’re wealthy though my guess is the latter won’t bother you.

In Co they pretty much never require chains on private vehicles, just commercial.

By putting this here, I'm hoping it means I don't have to buy it myself. Drool.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/r...760201787.html
    That’s a great interior layout. Going through a toll both solo would suck.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by GPP33 View Post
    Where are you located? Enforcement will vary by state. If you cause a wreck though the popo and lawyers may look into it, unless you’re wealthy though my guess is the latter won’t bother you.

In Co they pretty much never require chains on private vehicles, just commercial.
    OR. And it's the same in WA. I've never seen anyone get pulled over or checked for it. Just curious if anyone's ever heard of anyone caring.

Anyone have a recommendation for a portable CO2 detector suitable for a van?
    JimmyCarter:

I was a MA high school "racer"... Dudes show up for a 200 yard "race" in full gear, getting leg rubdowns in the starting house while half my team was off in the woods getting lit.

:Priceless

I just use a battery only one from Home Depot.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I mean, you'd get there.....eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    I just use a battery only one from Home Depot
    Yeah, that's the easy play, cheaper than 12V RV units. Our FWC Hawk came with a 12V CO/propane detector, nice but they are $90.

I bought a battery CO one from Lowes, but first thing I see in the instructions is shouldn't be used in a damp environment, < 40 degrees, < 20 feet from heat source, so that's 3 strikes for my Vanagon :-).
    JimmyCarter:

I was a MA high school "racer"... Dudes show up for a 200 yard "race" in full gear, getting leg rubdowns in the starting house while half my team was off in the woods getting lit.

:Priceless

The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them.

Name:	20181125_064956.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	258614
    Stayed in the Carson Pass sno park the last couple weekends, probably be there this weekend skiing Kirkwood, come say hi. The above picture was from a couple weekends ago, this last weekend was a different story: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aDH6JDa.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	355.4 KB 
ID:	258617
    Last edited by McScrundle; 12-04-2018 at 11:25 PM.

^^ I'll probably see you over there this winter. Maroon Astro van.

Quote Originally Posted by McScrundle View Post

Stayed in the Carson Pass sno park the last couple weekends, probably be there this weekend skiing Kirkwood, come say hi. The above picture was from a couple weekends ago, this last weekend was a different story: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aDH6JDa.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	355.4 KB 
ID:	258617
    I have almost the exact same truck and have been looking into a Hawk if I don't just trade it in for a van. How's it drive with that on the back and how did it do camping in a snowstorm?

Yeah, I went this route over a van because I can take it off and have a normal truck when I need it, though I've ended up using it almost every weekend I've had it and never taking it off. I take a 2-3 MPG mileage hit with it, and it drives a bit more like a boat, but airbags helped level it back out and made for a pretty smooth ride. The storm wasn't bad at all, I put up reflectix around the vinyl siding and in the windows, then kept it from 50 to 60F inside at night. Moisture is an issue if you don't crack a vent and will freeze between the vinyl and the reflectix. Would a van or hard side camper be better for this type of camping? Absolutely, you will probably use less propane throughout the night and have more living space. But I'm stoked on this setup, the price was relatively cheap for a 4x4 camping setup and I still have a normal truck when I need it.

EDIT: Also, protip to get around sno park's "Do not build campfires on paved areas.": This little firepit stainless steel mesh works great. It catches all the ash and collapses down to just the size of a couple tent poles. It's sturdy enough to make a log cabin style fire out of normal firewood size pieces: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181203_070952.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	957.7 KB 
ID:	258663
    Last edited by McScrundle; 12-05-2018 at 01:36 PM.

Stayed in the Carson Pass sno park the last couple weekends, probably be there this weekend skiing Kirkwood, come say hi. The above picture was from a couple weekends ago, this last weekend was a different story:
    Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    I have almost the exact same truck and have been looking into a Hawk if I don't just trade it in for a van. How's it drive with that on the back and how did it do camping in a snowstorm?
    Beat me to the same question. I'm looking at the very same set-up; both for skiing and for summers at the race track. And to keep the truck viable as a truck when the camper isn't in the back of the truck.

Yeah, I went this route over a van because I can take it off and have a normal truck when I need it, though I've ended up using it almost every weekend I've had it and never taking it off. I take a 2-3 MPG mileage hit with it, and it drives a bit more like a boat, but airbags helped level it back out and made for a pretty smooth ride. The storm wasn't bad at all, I put up reflectix around the vinyl siding and in the windows, then kept it from 50 to 60F inside at night. Moisture is an issue if you don't crack a vent and will freeze between the vinyl and the reflectix. Would a van or hard side camper be better for this type of camping? Absolutely, you will probably use less propane throughout the night and have more living space. But I'm stoked on this setup, the price was relatively cheap for a 4x4 camping setup and I still have a normal truck when I need it.

EDIT: Also, protip to get around sno park's "Do not build campfires on paved areas.": This little firepit stainless steel mesh works great. It catches all the ash and collapses down to just the size of a couple tent poles. It's sturdy enough to make a log cabin style fire out of normal firewood size pieces: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181203_070952.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	957.7 KB 
ID:	258663

i love shit like this