Page 80 of 510 FirstFirst ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 12727
    [QUOTE=DanoT;4571048]I have a Mountain Collective Pass and a Maxx Pass and will be traveling around Colorado in my truck camper for most of Feb. I've got a week booked at the Aspen

There's a campground in downtown Steamboat. Not too pricy in winter and has electric and warm crappers. Otherwise you can likely overnight up on Rabbitears Pass. The state park is a cruise from town but has electric and is quiet in winter.

We spend three nights parked at the winter closure towards Independence Pass out of Aspen and no one bothered us.

[QUOTE=goldengatestinx;4587729]
    Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    I have a Mountain Collective Pass and a Maxx Pass and will be traveling around Colorado in my truck camper for most of Feb. I've got a week booked at the Aspen

There's a campground in downtown Steamboat. Not too pricy in winter and has electric and warm crappers. Otherwise you can likely overnight up on Rabbitears Pass. The state park is a cruise from town but has electric and is quiet in winter.

We spend three nights parked at the winter closure towards Independence Pass out of Aspen and no one bothered us.
    Thanks for the info. I will likely be moving around, dry camping near Copper and then Winter Park before arriving at Steamboat so a stay at a campground with electric and showers might be in order. OTOH does the Steamboat Springs Walmart allow overnight RV parking?

[QUOTE=DanoT;4588349]
    Quote Originally Posted by goldengatestinx View Post

Thanks for the info. I will likely be moving around, dry camping near Copper and then Winter Park before arriving at Steamboat so a stay at a campground with electric and showers might be in order. OTOH does the Steamboat Springs Walmart allow overnight RV parking?
    Nope. Colorado is pretty bad in that regard most likely due to cold temps/snow removal etc.
    http://www.walmartatlas.com/no-park-walmarts/
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Party in Gardnerville. I can do this-
    1. Purchase gas, food, or supplies as a form of thank you, when feasible. I cannot do this--
    2. Stay one night only!

I'll be up around Golden with my camper, but I'll be in Revelstoke, Banff and LL often.

The camper:

somebody asked for pics of the porch folded up....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	829 (1024x768).jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	566.5 KB 
ID:	172890   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	830 (1024x768).jpg 
Views:	291 
Size:	566.4 KB 
ID:	172891   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	839 (1024x768).jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	588.8 KB 
ID:	172892  
    Last edited by sanjuanworm; 12-05-2015 at 07:23 AM.
    if its got tits or wheels...it will give you trouble..

Anyone heading up to Crystal / Baker lots next wknd? Sacrificed a goat in the hopes I could pull the camper up there and rage in the lot for opening weekend....

I'll bring the booze...

Quote Originally Posted by FireStrom View Post
    That's kind of awesome. Hard to tell the layout of the camper part though, and no description on the camper build.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by AlpenChronicHabitual View Post
    Nice list. At Boreal at Donner Summit you used to be able to park next to the Snowshoe Thompson statue in the parking lot, even during storms. They'd just plow around you and berm you in. I'd say it's more likely than not you still can, though it's been 5-6 years since I've checked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Chronic, I am getting an "internal server error".

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    Chronic, I am getting an "internal server error".
    Worked for me. Check your browser or cookies.

I know Big Sky allows for overnight parking in their Pony lot. No hook-ups, though.

Funny how most of those don't have any real estate interests. Doesn't Mary Jane allow it?

Targhee is on the list, but their website comes across as a little more summer-oriented for camping in the lot.

Does anyone have experience with staying up there in the winter? Besides the obvious, of course, that it'll be COLD.

Likely good in the middle lot, below the main lots and above the lowest/employee lot. They may ask you to pay the $20/night fee, or if you move wisely and stay out of the plow's way you may skate on by.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

I've seen overnighter RV's there in my winter visits.

Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post
    Targhee is on the list, but their website comes across as a little more summer-oriented for camping in the lot.

Does anyone have experience with staying up there in the winter? Besides the obvious, of course, that it'll be COLD.

The new whip. Will be slumming it around CO resorts/RMNP come soon.

I can't read all 81 pages to see if Lost Trail has been mentioned, but in the past we have talked to owners and got permission to camp in the parking lot. Usually fucking cold though, it was hard to sleep in the back of a pickup.

Just don't trench out the groomers in the middle of the night with your snowmobile, because when you eventually sober up in the morning you are going to feel like a complete asshole when the owners confront you politely and still let you stay another night.

I hope to see this one out and about this winter!!

http://rockies.craigslist.org/cto/5316165220.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dtimms View Post
    I hope to see this one out and about this winter!!

http://rockies.craigslist.org/cto/5316165220.html
    Zero points for stealth.

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    Zero points for stealth.
    However, 100 points for "WTF?"

Do any of you guys use propane heaters? Been sleeping in the back of my trailblazer every now and again for the past couple of seasons, whisky can only get you through so many -20 nights.

Thinking of picking up a Mr. Heater with a CO shutoff and just running it with the windows cracked.

Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post

You can stay in their parking lot but i think its $20. Supposed to have a self contained shitter but they didnt ask and we didnt tell.
    Not a bad place to wake up (feb 2015)

And theres also a great free forest service? or something access rd just below the switchbacks on the access road. seems like fair game

Quote Originally Posted by BAWinters View Post
    Do any of you guys use propane heaters? Been sleeping in the back of my trailblazer every now and again for the past couple of seasons, whisky can only get you through so many -20 nights.

Thinking of picking up a Mr. Heater with a CO shutoff and just running it with the windows cracked.
    The Mr. Heater's are pretty awesome. Those things will get a vehicle/camper shell/camper toasty real quick. Obviously, ventilation is key obviously. Using them for getting to bed then shutting off and first thing in the morning is a huge plus. Go for it.