Page 411 of 508 FirstFirst ... 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 ... LastLast
Results 10,251 to 10,275 of 12697
    New order 350 long box showed up. Much nicer fit than the 250 reg box. Those new 10 SPD transmissions are darn nice too.

^^^ That fits nicely. New camper too? Did you have to add many (any?) spacers to make the camper fit?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

RV-ers here: do you use a cover for winter storage? Why/why not?

Wondering whether I should buy a cover for our new-to-us trailer. It has a rubber (EPDM?) roof, wood framed camper. Has a TV antenna sticking up out of the roof, and rain gutter things at each corner that would have to be covered with something to prevent them from poking through a cover.
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Covers can trap moisture and the cover itself can be a problem to clean. You are better off, imo, applying lots of coats of ceramic hybrid polish to the RV so that water beads up nicely.

I should add: the main reason I'd want a cover is for winter snow pileup. I am never waxing this trailer.

For the old truck camper, I used a plastic snow rake ("snow hoe") to pull snow off the roof. It had an aluminum roof with only one thing through the roof - a vent fan lid.

New trailer has several things through the roof, and is much taller, so raking snow off it would be much much harder.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I should add: the main reason I'd want a cover is for winter snow pileup. I am never waxing this trailer.

For the old truck camper, I used a plastic snow rake ("snow hoe") to pull snow off the roof. It had an aluminum roof with only one thing through the roof - a vent fan lid.

New trailer has several things through the roof, and is much taller, so raking snow off it would be much much harder.
    I assume you know to never cover with a waterproof tarp. A proper breathable RV cover is your best bet. They are made out of a Tyvek like material.
    Unlike your camper you can't use any kind of tool to remove snow from the roof as it is might tear the rubber roof. Snow will have to stay there for the winter unless you have a cover to protect the rubber membrane when you very very carefully remove the snow. However unlike houses, trailers aren't rated for snow loads so you may have a problem if the snow gets too deep and/or it rains on top of existing snow. Also I found out the hard way it is almost impossible to remove the cover with a winter's snow and ice accumulation so no end of season trips with the RV until everything is melted off.
    Right now I got lucky and my neighbour has space in his pole barn so the unit is under cover. In the past when I lived in Sparwood (lots and lots of snow) I went around the neighbourhood and asked anybody with a suitable barn if they would rent me space. I found covered space but that probably wouldn't work if you live in a city

Shit hits the fan for New Zealand #vanlifers: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...o-one-watching
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

^^^ That fits nicely. New camper too? Did you have to add many (any?) spacers to make the camper fit?
    I have a 1/2 inch stall mat underneath it but only because I didn't box line the truck. Still thinking of doing a custom flat bed with side access drawers etc. I have had the camper since last February. It would fit with it any spacers.

My neighbors both have RVs parked outside, with covers, so I am probably going that route for winter. Thinking I may try covering the poky TV antenna with a bucket or similar, before putting on a cover. Will have to do something with the corner rain gutter spout things - tennis balls maybe?

As far as snow load... dunno. Sometimes we get a lot of snow - like 2' or more accumulated on the house roof. Not sure what to do with that on the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by crashidy View Post
    I have a 1/2 inch stall mat underneath it but only because I didn't box line the truck. Still thinking of doing a custom flat bed with side access drawers etc. I have had the camper since last February. It would fit with it any spacers.
    Sounds perfect. Our old Northstar camper needed about 3.5-4" of platform to clear the roof on that same truck, which made it awkwardly high.

The guy who came and bought it had a current model Ram, and the camper fit it without anything in the bed, with it just barely touching the bed side in one spot. A rubber mat would've made it fit perfectly.

My neighbors both have RVs parked outside, with covers, so I am probably going that route for winter. Thinking I may try covering the poky TV antenna with a bucket or similar, before putting on a cover. Will have to do something with the corner rain gutter spout things - tennis balls maybe?

As far as snow load... dunno. Sometimes we get a lot of snow - like 2' or more accumulated on the house roof. Not sure what to do with that on the trailer.
    Good point about the pokey bits (humour). I forgot to mention I taped pieces of foam
    to all sharp points on the roof including the corners but also the sharp corners on vents, skylights etc. Even then I got some minor tearing after two or three years use.
    I also have one of these snow removal tools I use on our vehicles and it would not harm the roof.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgsWNu38eG0

FWIW, Starlink is now available for moving applications (i.e, RV's, boats, etc). For RVs it is $500 initially and $135/month. For Superyachts and ships it's $10k upfront and $5k/month and is considered a revolutionary good deal compared to what's currently offered (speed of like 40 times what's out there now at a tenth of the cost).
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Thinking I may try covering the poky TV antenna with a bucket or similar, before putting on a cover. Will have to do something with the corner rain gutter spout things - tennis balls maybe?
    Now that you mention it, have you considered making a little antenna protector out of plywood? Shouldn’t be all that hard and you could tailor it to your specific needs.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    FWIW, Starlink is now available for moving applications (i.e, RV's, boats, etc). For RVs it is $500 initially and $135/month. For Superyachts and ships it's $10k upfront and $5k/month and is considered a revolutionary good deal compared to what's currently offered (speed of like 40 times what's out there now at a tenth of the cost).
    Why are land yachts so much cheaper than water yachts?

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    Now that you mention it, have you considered making a little antenna protector out of plywood? Shouldn’t be all that hard and you could tailor it to your specific needs.
    Excellent idea. Since my rv is in a pole barn it is susceptible to critters on the roof. Most of the vents are mouse proof but I wasn't sure about the fridge vent so built just such a box.
    Now I just have to remember to remove it before moving else it wear a hole in the rubber roof.

Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post
    Because overwatering isn't a thing yet. Floating traction boards are a million dollar idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

Satellite to user ratio, and besides they can afford it.

He goes into it starting at 9 minutes. Short answer is that superyachts can have hundreds of people on them and the maritime system's bandwidth is 380Mb/sec. Yachts can and do use the RV version.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

This is at My Hood. I didn't know you could put such ridiculous wheels on a 1T chassis.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220713_160925.jpeg 
Views:	302 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	421436
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

I wanna see those bikes bounce when that truck hits a bump.

Epic departure angle on that rig

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    This is at My Hood. I didn't know you could put such ridiculous wheels on a 1T chassis.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220713_160925.jpeg 
Views:	302 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	421436
    Yeah, it was the bike rack that got my attention, not the wheels. I think put a rack up front for a couple bikes and a rack in the back that only holds a couple bikes might be a better way to go.

That giant thing is at Crystal WA every weekend in the winter, it is truly ridiculous to see it lined up next to a bunch of Outbacks.

2011 f550 4wd 140k

25k$ obo. This thing nis sick. Beasty

Get some. Got an pic of the for sale sign, can't upload pics via mobile

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    2011 f550 4wd 140k

25k$ obo. This thing nis sick. Beasty

Get some. Got an pic of the for sale sign, can't upload pics via mobile

Damn that is sick.