Page 152 of 510 FirstFirst ... 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 ... LastLast
Results 3,776 to 3,800 of 12727
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Doesn't matter what the fuck you're sleeping in.

Beep, beep, groom, BOOM
    You forgot the juiced up diesel exhaust noise as well.

Generator noise. (Not everyone has the little Honda's.)

Wind battering the windows and shaking the truck.

Ok, no matter the camper, ear plugs are essential.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Doesn't matter what the fuck you're sleeping in.

Beep, beep, groom, BOOM
    https://www.amazon.com/3M-Earmuff-Pr.../dp/B00009LI4K

Also recommended for sleeping through obnoxious conversations on a flight

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/3M-Earmuff-Pr.../dp/B00009LI4K

Also recommended for sleeping through obnoxious conversations on a flight
    You normally camp at a metal show or construction site I take it?

Guessing he uses those when he brings the ladies home and fires up the jack hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Guessing he uses those when he brings the ladies home and fires up the jack hammer.
    There's no need for hearing protection then
    Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    You normally camp at a metal show or construction site I take it?
    If you care about not being bothered by the snow moving machine they work. I have seen kids at metal shows wearing something similar

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    There's no need for hearing protection thenIf you care about not being bothered by the snow moving machine they work. I have seen kids at metal shows wearing something similar
    I don't know if I could sleep with those on. the normal foamy ear plugs are plenty for me, just need to bring things down a notch.

I don't know if I could sleep with those on. the normal foamy ear plugs are plenty for me, just need to bring things down a notch.
    Good point, I've only ever used them to sleep while sitting up

Quote Originally Posted by McScrundle View Post
    I should have mentioned that. I went biking and stayed at China Peak a couple weeks ago, it's a cool mom and pop style resort. Although in the winter they want $49 per night for RV parking +12% resort fee, which seems reasonable for a class A RV that needs hookups. Maybe I can work out a deal to use a quarter of the space and no hookups...
    A Sno park season pass is $25. I bought a Lance camper back in October and was planning on parking at the Huntington Lake Sno park some weekends but China peak never opened enough to justify skiing consecutive days. Here is the link to information about the pass
    http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=1233

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using TGR Forums mobile app

I have a Sno Park permit and use the Donner sno park all the time...easy access to anywhere from there. Havent had any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmingsnow View Post
    A Sno park season pass is $25. I bought a Lance camper back in October and was planning on parking at the Huntington Lake Sno park some weekends but China peak never opened enough to justify skiing consecutive days. Here is the link to information about the pass
    http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=1233

Quote Originally Posted by myles long View Post
    I have a Sno Park permit and use the Donner sno park all the time...easy access to anywhere from there. Havent had any problems.
    That's great to know, I was planning on staying at Coachland for Tahoe trips. I bought the camper with ski trips in mind but it has been got a lot more use for cycling trips. We have been camping most weekends at the Coast since the air has been so bad in the Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by McScrundle View Post
    First time posting here in years, (left PNW for Florida and Texas in 2014, just moved to CA).

Bought a 2009 Hawk Four Wheel Camper this last spring when I moved, it's been sweet. It's got a rollover couch, furnace, 3 way fridge (doesn't work that great here in the summer). It's also got a 6 gallon hot water heater and 20 gallon tank, but I'm not sure I'll be able to use it without risking frozen pipes. I put airbags on a 2013 F-150 which might be overkill but it's super stable on the road.

Anyways, got an Epic Pass (military deal was nuts), though I'll probably be touring around Fresno and Sequoia NP (looking for partners).
    Honestly, my googling shows California kinda sucks for sleeping in resort lots, especially coming from Washington with Baker and Crystal both being pretty chill with it. If there's places out there, I'd love to know!

Editing to fix pics: Attachment 244745Attachment 244746
    I've been riding the Central Sierra (westside) for the last two seasons. It is more mellow over here and snow levels are increasingly frustrating, but there are fun pockets of skiing off 168 and in Sequoia. And there's no competing for tracks... Ever

Sent from my Moto G (4) using TGR Forums mobile app

Was wondering what the best fit would be for a slide in camper for a new Tacoma? open to suggestions or if anyone sees some used ones out there. Saw a Camplite in town the other day. floor pan was lousy but I guess they have different ones.
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    Was wondering what the best fit would be for a slide in camper for a new Tacoma? open to suggestions or if anyone sees some used ones out there. Saw a Camplite in town the other day. floor pan was lousy but I guess they have different ones.
    Low payload on Tacomas, need to be careful you don't overload. Personally if I had a Tacoma I'd be looking at either a Four Wheel Camper if I was primarily using it spring, summer, fall.

For primary winter use, both Bigfoot and Northern Lite made import sized campers back in the 90s - early 2000s. I'd try to find one of those.

The soft sided FWC will exasperate this issue. I would recommend learning to sleep with ear plugs in.
    It exacerbates the noise annoyance as well...

hey our eurovan is FS if anyone is interested
    Had the new van for almost a yr now but we haven't been able to bring ourselves to sell the eurovan.
    I briefly placed it for sale on facebook, but then became possessive like Red Foreman every time I got an inquiry about it.

thought about keeping as my skiing vehicle bc it's so nice to have that space to put on boots inside when it's snowing, but we don't have enough parking in the winter at our house.
    anyhow- here's the listing on the samba w/ more pics. He has it listed there at $5500 which is around it's KBB, but of course that is not friend/maggot pricing https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifi...php?id=2204856

2001 195k miles. It's the weekender with fold down bed and table but not the pop top kind. it has brand new winter tires on it and it does well in the snow too (front wheel drive)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1054.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	245506
    skid luxury

Seen at my local college

Name:	IMG_8068.JPG 
Views:	182 
Size:	293.4 KB 
ID:	245543

Name:	IMG_8069.JPG 
Views:	183 
Size:	276.1 KB 
ID:	245544
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

feeler again, 04, 23', 60ishK miles, nice rig, hitch, nice inside, new tires, continental passage maker.... ($14-16K?) with cover

Name:	rv1.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	971.0 KB 
ID:	246136

Name:	rvCover.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	891.1 KB 
ID:	246137
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

The dream that will never be:

Name:	IMG_9794.JPG 
Size:	237.3 KB 
ID:	246144

Name:	IMG_9796.JPG 
Views:	164 
Size:	230.9 KB 
ID:	246145

Quote Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
    The dream that will never be:

Name:	IMG_9794.JPG 
Size:	237.3 KB 
ID:	246144

Name:	IMG_9796.JPG 
Views:	164 
Size:	230.9 KB 
ID:	246145

It's perfect. Why can't we have such nice things in the US of god damn A.

Calling all truck slide in peeps. So, I have a 95' Skamper Pop-Up slide in on my truck that I just acquired. I am looking for ideas on how to get a ski rack on the thing. My options seem to be are.
    1. Traditional roof rack + ski rack/ski box which makes my 3/4 ton truck + pop up like 70feet tall. Plus, I would have to affix a ladder to the rear to access said box/rack which up and down multiple times a day could be a little tiring/dangerous when icy
    2. Build a vertical rack on the rear of the vehicle, and mount it vertical
    3. Hitch mounted ski

Any pictures/advise/beentheredonethat moments with this would be greatly appreciated. Right now, I am leaning towards some sort of rear mounted vertical rack possibly?

Thanks ya'll

Quote Originally Posted by Tryingtostaywarm View Post
    Calling all truck slide in peeps. So, I have a 95' Skamper Pop-Up slide in on my truck that I just acquired. I am looking for ideas on how to get a ski rack on the thing. My options seem to be are.
    1. Traditional roof rack + ski rack/ski box which makes my 3/4 ton truck + pop up like 70feet tall. Plus, I would have to affix a ladder to the rear to access said box/rack which up and down multiple times a day could be a little tiring/dangerous when icy
    3. Hitch mounted ski

Any pictures/advise/beentheredonethat moments with this would be greatly appreciated. Right now, I am leaning towards some sort of rear mounted vertical rack possibly?

Thanks ya'll
    I searched for these different options too...went with load bars on the roof. I have a combo of a basket for gear and a rocket box for skis. Had to upgrade to stronger lift struts but once I did that it was fine.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

3. Hitch mounted ski

Thanks ya'll
    I went around in circles on this for a while as well. Ended up just mounting bars and a roof box. If you go vertical behind the vehicle, keep in mind that lots of road spray swirls around back there, and particularly if you're driving somewhere that uses chemicals on the road, you're going to want your gear completely enclosed.

I've heard of some guys bolting large diameter PVC pipes to the roof to store skis in. If you only need to carry 1 or 2 pairs, that'd be a lower profile solution than a roof box. You could also do those vertically on the back, but you'd have to devise some system to get the skis out.

3. Hitch mounted ski

Thanks ya'll
    fiat ducato/ram pro master

Hitch mounted ski
    Not a fan of adding holes to the roof and I didn't have roof rails so I went the hitch route.

a)Let's Go Aero TwinTube U-Build-It Slide-Out Hitch Rack

Name:	LGATwinTube.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	72.1 KB 
ID:	246219

b) Yakima Timberline tower and bars

c) Yakima Rocketbox rooftop box

d) Truck tailgate LED light strip attached to box

Name:	IMG_1776 2.JPG 
Views:	148 
Size:	119.1 KB 
ID:	246222
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    hey our eurovan is FS if anyone is interested
    Had the new van for almost a yr now but we haven't been able to bring ourselves to sell the eurovan.
    I briefly placed it for sale on facebook, but then became possessive like Red Foreman every time I got an inquiry about it.

thought about keeping as my skiing vehicle bc it's so nice to have that space to put on boots inside when it's snowing, but we don't have enough parking in the winter at our house.
    anyhow- here's the listing on the samba w/ more pics. He has it listed there at $5500 which is around it's KBB, but of course that is not friend/maggot pricing https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifi...php?id=2204856

2001 195k miles. It's the weekender with fold down bed and table but not the pop top kind. it has brand new winter tires on it and it does well in the snow too (front wheel drive)

Name:	IMG_1054.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	245506
    keep it for convenience, tell your bum ass pro skier husband to go get a job

the convenience of a van can not be overstated.

so keep it!!