Page 394 of 510 FirstFirst ... 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 ... LastLast
Results 9,826 to 9,850 of 12745
    Winter campsite report
    Just got back from Silver Star (Vernon, BC). No parking lot camping allowed so we stayed at Cedar Falls Campground 15 minutes down the hill. It was -16c cold and they had power for the furnace and water for the onboard tank. The campsite is tight with trees especially for a class C but a van would have no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post
    Looking at a few caps this weekend with the intention of at least 3 season camping for 1 person.

Option A:

Attachment 407433

Pro: tall
    Con: tall. Could duck up gas mileage, going to be more difficult to get a kayak or canoe up there.

Option B: standard cab height cap.
    Attachment 407434

Pro: short, relatively aerodynamic
    Con: short, not sure in interior height. Used to sleep a night or two at time in back of Xterra and that was OK.

Both caps are from a previous gen Ram and (just from specs/math) will sit 1" high of my cab. At 1/3 the cost of new I can live with this, unless there is noise or gas mileage issues.
    Having had both heights on prior full sizes, I went high top when I bought one for my current pickup. I think the cab height looks better but if you're really using it to camp, being able to sort of stand up and sit on my platform or in a camp chair are 100% worth it. Did not ding gas mileage. Bars are taller but I usually stand on the tire to strap things on either height.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Having had both heights on prior full sizes, I went high top when I bought one for my current pickup. I think the cab height looks better but if you're really using it to camp, being able to sort of stand up and sit on my platform or in a camp chair are 100% worth it. Did not ding gas mileage. Bars are taller but I usually stand on the tire to strap things on either height.
    Thanks for the feedback.

Both sellers bailed on me today. While I was waiting for final confirmation I took the soft cover off and sat in the bed, definitely need the height for camping. Plan is to have the rig 95% ready to go, grab some food and a few things and hit the road on Fridays. I haven't really camped in a few years as prepping and packing solo has felt like a burden.

The high top is 6 years old and $1200. Seems steep for a base model with no windows and no liner when brand new it was under $2000.

Leaning towards cab height with a lift, but comes down to price and how these look on my rig (they're for previous gen).

New caps are $3500.....
    Last edited by krp8128; 02-26-2022 at 02:30 PM.

IME the taller cap is worth the slight mpg hit. Much more comfortable for camping, but also the added tailgate window height makes it easier to load things like mtbs.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

x3 on going mid or high-rise. The little bit of extra height is well worth it, especially if you plan to insulate.

Not sleeping in any parking lots so I put my camper up for sale.

https://boise.craigslist.org/rvs/d/s...451642243.html

Substantial discount for long time mags available.

Making memories

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    Not sleeping in any parking lots so I put my camper up for sale.

https://boise.craigslist.org/rvs/d/s...451642243.html

Substantial discount for long time mags available.
    Im just amazed those cost 35k these days with certain options. And equally amazed people pay that.
    My Montana has an East Infection

Quote Originally Posted by Mountainman View Post
    Im just amazed those cost 35k these days with certain options. And equally amazed people pay that.

We'll see as I have my doubts. My buddy is well posted on the used FWC market and advised me on the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Interesting rig, might set the world on fire!

thedrive.com

Attachment 407439
    What could possibly go wrong?

ol' PT was right.....

We'll see as I have my doubts. My buddy is well posted on the used FWC market and advised me on the price.
    Ya, my post was not directed at your price. Everything is expensive these days and those things hold their value well. I just hadn't realized how much FWC prices had gone up.
    My Montana has an East Infection

Quote Originally Posted by Mountainman View Post
    Ya, my post was not directed at your price. Everything is expensive these days and those things hold their value well. I just hadn't realized how much FWC prices had gone up.

Well my price is outrageous, but scarcity is a HUGE factor now. Anyone that didn't order one by say June of last year isn't getting a new one this year.

Well my price is outrageous, but scarcity is a HUGE factor now. Anyone that didn't order one by say June of last year isn't getting a new one this year.
    And there you go, supply vs. demand. We sold our boat when we left AK for the price we paid for it after putting 1,000hrs on the motor. Probably sold it for too little at the time.

I bought my fwc with a new canvas and furnace for $300.

Times have changed.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    Same, no dinette, just a 8ft bench and an adjacent 5ft bench. Dinettes are just space sucking amenities.
    Attachment 407436
    It also depends on the overall layout. Since yours is an L basically, the L shaped benches make sense. But for something like the Franklin VT-freeheel posted where the camper is basically split into two straight lengthwise sections the dinette works better IMO and it's a pretty nice extra bed.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dinette.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	317.4 KB 
ID:	407721

also, this is the rebuild video for that camper. Wish it had words instead of just music but still pretty cool.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Just posted on FB Marketplace - $3K for a FWC Hawk, 1999, looks like it could use a little work, but not bad. East of Reno, NV, a little ways. This won't last the day.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...type=top_picks
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Just posted on FB Marketplace - $3K for a FWC Hawk, 1999, looks like it could use a little work, but not bad. East of Reno, NV, a little ways. This won't last the day.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...type=top_picks
    Already gone. Wish I could find a deal like that around here.

Ski RV's, who's sleeping in parking lots?

This is a new renter on my street- It has a right side drive too.
    I want to see the inside. been peeping on it every time we go by on dog walks

Name:	IMG_4987.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	408123

that funny little rear window mirror (or light?) intrigues me too
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    This is a new renter on my street- It has a right side drive too.
    I want to see the inside. been peeping on it every time we go by on dog walks

Name:	IMG_4987.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	408123

that funny little rear window mirror (or light?) intrigues me too
    An old school back up camera! See them a lot on older model Japanese vans.

Another from Reno FB Marketplace - AT Camper, looks like a Go Fast with regular walls? Not familiar with them.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...3377178109413/
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Name:  thumbnail_IMG_3064.jpg
Views: 689
Size:  90.5 KB
    my new Wolf Creek condo, 25" to the bull wheel

Why are people always standing on top of their rig in photos? Makes no goddamn sense, there's ground right next to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Backward_Banana View Post
    Why are people always standing on top of their rig in photos? Makes no goddamn sense, there's ground right next to them.
    always go higher!

I haven't noticed it. looked back 4 pagesd thru this thread and couldn't find any examples. But there are quite a few reasons to be on top of a rig. If you're selling it you want to show that you can get up there especially if there are tender bits that need to have snow cleared off (solar panels, etc.). And then there's instagram.

Name:  010.jpg
Views: 728
Size:  211.0 KB
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

I amuse myself thinking about all these van idiots w their rooftop decks ladders etc..

You know someone has had a few and crashed into the ground off the top!