Page 432 of 508 FirstFirst ... 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 ... LastLast
Results 10,776 to 10,800 of 12697
    Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    I am rolling the tufport. Have over 150 days in it since March. If you get their liner insulated model just drop the liner drill straight through use large washers for backers. I am somewhat disappointed with the insulation. I think TH version will be way better. Just ran out of propane last night after two weeks. Running heater from about 6pm to 9 am keeping temp at 65 when awake 50 at night. Nighttime temps in 20's. Be happy to answer questions about the tufport
    Attachment 435149
    View right now
    Sedona! I used to live in Flag and worked in the Sedona ER. Put up a fair bit of first ascents on that soft ass sandstone. Sweet rig, simple, effective, reliable.

Trackhead, how did you seal the interface between the movable top cap and the fixed lower tub?

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Trackhead, how did you seal the interface between the movable top cap and the fixed lower tub?
    Big rubber seal on interior. Theres about 4” overlap from top/bottom as well. Might add extra on bottom part of upper half. Still have a ton of work to do.

XP camper gave me a lot of good ideas studying their videos….designing the door took days of thought. Complicated but I like how it works now.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    Big rubber seal on interior. Theres about 4” overlap from top/bottom as well. Might add extra on bottom part of upper half. Still have a ton of work to do.

XP camper gave me a lot of good ideas studying their videos….designing the door took days of thought. Complicated but I like how it works now.
    Is that going on the ram or something smaller?

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Is that going on the ram or something smaller?
    Dodge 2500.

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    That looks like the same $6 walmart chair I have. Figured no one would steal a pink chair : )

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    Nice approach and departure angles

When you live in an RV but shop at Costco.

Nicely balanced with the front box to counter the back patio

Would love to see that rig hit 40 mph winds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spied this excellent BJ70 camper from Slovenia yesterday here down in Southern Baja. Ready to ski and surf the globe

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1669414695.800055.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	404.2 KB 
ID:	435417

Not too familiar with these but looks like a solid composite slide in ready for a simple build out. Would be great on a flatbed with some storage boxes in place of the bed rails.

No affiliation. Located just over the Blaine border in BC.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/hvo/7554010765.html

Could be a fun project for those with the skills and the time. $2500 in Utardia
    https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/70144680

Name:  3858696-1669185849-302925.jpeg
Views: 666
Size:  214.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeKid View Post
    Not too familiar with these but looks like a solid composite slide in ready for a simple build out. Would be great on a flatbed with some storage boxes in place of the bed rails.

I'm pretty sure that is a Tufport. They make a "MTC" version

https://tufport.com/medical-mtc/
    Last edited by altasnob; 11-27-2022 at 12:36 PM.

Not a Tufport. It's from Code 3 Emergency Vehicles. Note the third pic in the CL ad (and the title).
    https://www.code3emergency.ca/invent...t-centres-mtc/
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Opps, my mistake. Missed that photo. BC seems to be the expoxy shell camper capital of Earth.

I don't think the code 3's are epoxy shells. They have aluminum outers. I'm guessing this would be the cheaper competition to Tufport
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    I don't think the code 3's are epoxy shells. They have aluminum outers. I'm guessing this would be the cheaper competition to Tufport
    Looks like 2" insulated composite panels that have been euro-standard for refrigerated truck bodies for a while now. These are being frequently used for campers and "overland" rigs such as: https://totalcomposites.com/pick-up-campers/

Spotted at Snowbird yesterday. No camper build on it, but seemed worthy of this thread anyway.

eta: Though, if I'm being perfectly honest, the Element behind it is probably a superior vehicle in every respect.
    Last edited by Dantheman; 11-28-2022 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Spotted at Snowbird yesterday. No camper build on it, but seemed worthy of this thread anyway.

Interesting a Honda!

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Opps, my mistake. Missed that photo. BC seems to be the expoxy shell camper capital of Earth.
    canada has a law that if you have a certain amount of employees and are a specific distance from a hospital you have to have an ambulance on site. So that is what Tufport specializes in. There are others also making them. If I was doing it again I would go with the totalcomposites. I just went with what Tufport had on their site. I sent a deposit and got a product. I expected the shell to be fully insulated. It is not. only the top half is and they use a product like RecPro bubble. Also the overcab was supposed to be insulated. If it is it is sandwiched tightly between the shell and liner. I paid extra to have added wood installed as I thought I might like to screw into that. With the liner you cannot see the wood. I asked for a shop drawing of the wood locations. I received a lacking hand drawn sketch. I also paid for the extra light in cab over. It was not installed. They refunded me the price of the light. That does not cover my labor or change the fact that I was hoping to have the wiring run inside the liner so it would not be visible. They also have brake light wiring. They installed the shell on my truck at the factory. They did not know how to wire the lights properly. I have a towing package and received errors so I disconnected the lights. I would not bother with them and get a discount. I got the 60 40 door. Waste of money. The standard door is all you need. The seal on the door and vibration lets dust in the camper. I am going to work on the seal. I think the construction of the shell is fine. It is working like I wanted. Rides great on my stock f150. I am getting 17 mpg with the camper. So far I have stayed warm in the camper with temps in the teens at night. However it involves running the heater fairly constantly. Not a big issue other than noise. If I were to do it again I would spend more time communicating with Tufport to make sure I got what I wanted. I would also consider just buying the shell which is half the price of the totalcomposite. I would then insulate myself.
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeKid View Post

So... sterile.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    Our current camper and the one I’m building have a common exit for grey. Sink/shower just literally drain out the bottom into 5 gallon bucket. But drain point is kinda discreet tucked under camper a bit. Such minimal water usage it’s a non-event. Even a camper shower is only 1.5 gallons of use.
    Awesome work.

If you don't plan to remove it why not just hard mount it direct to the chassis instead of doing a steel flatbed? Somewhere on ExPo a guy build a minimal structure from fiberglass pultrusion channel to hard mount a lightweight camper.

Look forward to seeing more build pics.

^^ considered that but going to build regular flatbed so if I buy a new truck down the road the current one will be ready to sell with a functional flatbed.

new brand to my eyes and i want one, but holy shit, 300k to add a camper to tacoma https://www.truckhouse.co