Page 134 of 510 FirstFirst ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... LastLast
Results 3,326 to 3,350 of 12727
    I have radomax envy now...

I had a 96 zr2, bought new in Detroit. I finally junked it last year. Least capable off road vehicle ever... I read an in depth review of the new zr2. Sounds like they made amends big time.

Stock rear and front difs?!? I'll take please.
    Sticker price? Second mortgage..

My zr2 had 500k+ miles, second engine. Completely gutted, with a built 3.8.. headers, 4 brl Holley, mad distributor..etc..it was pretty fun to drive, and ripped Forrest roads like a prerunner.. rust was it's ultimate demise..

Took that truck cross.country many times. I'd say I slept in about 25 different ski hill lots with that thing.

Quote Originally Posted by skysos View Post
    Not sure I understand why you say that, but with just the rear locking diff engaged in the ZR2, I would have had power to 3 wheels which would have been enough to get me through the deep chewed-up snow. Locking the front is for rock crawling and I would not have done that because it probably would have just gone sideways doing that.

Note that locking diffs in snow often results in the vehicle going sideways on the locked axle, but with the trailer on the back I think it would have resisted that nicely.

Locking diffs on ice is not recommended, but it is beneficial in deep snow.
    Locking the front diff on ice or snow means you go straight, locking the rear diff means you go sideways (which would suck with a trailer but otherwise can be fun). Driving on a snowy roads with either locked is a bad plan, using one or both to get out of a sticky situation is fine and what they’ll come in handy for.

I’ve heard good thing about that platform, good choice.

I'm surprised nobody jumped on this. He just dropped his price by $2k, and removed the obo. Quigley and a 6.0 for 15k? Tempting to build out. Probably not what I should be doing with my time right now though.

Surprised on that mileage with the 5.7 liter yota. My Sequoia has averaged just under 14 and I only tow sparingly. When I do it gets much less. Most of teh miles are with 4 humans a large dog, roof box, and gear.

Saw this beast in the lot yesterday.
    Last edited by klauss; 01-15-2018 at 01:39 PM.

This is my home!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171214_082014.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	221448

Name:	20180111_221132.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	221449

Quote Originally Posted by CelebratedSkier View Post

Killing the game!

#SedanLife
    I bet these guys know each other
    Name:  IMG_2767.JPG
Views: 1144
Size:  106.2 KB
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    Surprised on that mileage with the 5.7 liter yota.
    I too was surprised, pleasantly so. Unlike many MPG claims, those are real numbers, corrected for odometer error (<1%). FTR, I get those numbers only if I drive with a very light foot, coasting before stops and speed zones, seldom > 65mph, ethanol free fuel, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ale_capone View Post
    I have radomax envy now...

I had a 96 zr2, bought new in Detroit. I finally junked it last year. Least capable off road vehicle ever... I read an in depth review of the new zr2. Sounds like they made amends big time.

Stock rear and front difs?!? I'll take please.
    Sticker price? Second mortgage..

My zr2 had 500k+ miles, second engine. Completely gutted, with a built 3.8.. headers, 4 brl Holley, mad distributor..etc..it was pretty fun to drive, and ripped Forrest roads like a prerunner.. rust was it's ultimate demise..

Took that truck cross.country many times. I'd say I slept in about 25 different ski hill lots with that thing.
    Least capable off road vehicle evar?! Did you have an S10 or a Blazer? A stock Zr2 blazer will out perform a stock wrangler from the same year all day long.

I wish they made them with a 6" longer wheelbase/body though, have to sleep diagonally in the back which gives me no room for gear when the sleeping platform isn't in.

Pickup, not blazer. Ok, maybe least capable was hyperbole. Never had problems, but i never took it real offroading. Pretty fun driving in snow.

I had a cap on it. And also a ladder rack I would turn into a covered wagon camper.

Name:	DSC_0151.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	221485Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0150.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	946.4 KB 
ID:	221486Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0633.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	221487

Note the blue duct tape... bed was mostly that, Nd a paint shell. Pretty well rusted away

Current van fleet... I use the margarine colored van for work,
    And city camping. The blue one for fun.

Attachment 221489

I like that bigfoot rig with the service body. super cool.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Thought of you when I saw that. You were describing something similar the other day.
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by steveski View Post
    Thought of you when I saw that. You were describing something similar the other day.
    I think a custom service body type deal with an alaskan or bigfoot on top would be perfect. Imagining a full-length box that lets you store skis on one side, and then a full outdoor kitchen on the other side for tailgating it.

With the $$$ some of you mags are dumping into torque, fuel, and living space, I'd think you'd be better off with a 10yo Subaru and a room in the lodge.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    I think a custom service body type deal with an alaskan or bigfoot on top would be perfect. Imagining a full-length box that lets you store skis on one side, and then a full outdoor kitchen on the other side for tailgating it.
    I was looking to do something similar when we were truck shopping. Storage would be fantastic.

The crazy high CG would be scary at times. I've been blown bad by sideways gusts driving down I-70 by Silver Plume and in WY with the slide in in the regular pickup bed.

Quote Originally Posted by goldengatestinx View Post
    I was looking to do something similar when we were truck shopping. Storage would be fantastic.

The crazy high CG would be scary at times. I've been blown bad by sideways gusts driving down I-70 by Silver Plume and in WY with the slide in in the regular pickup bed.
    that's why I'd do a custom setup and put an alaskan in it

Quote Originally Posted by The Amicable Snowman View Post
    With the $$$ some of you mags are dumping into torque, fuel, and living space, I'd think you'd be better off with a 10yo Subaru and a room in the lodge.

Fair point. I already have a 10 year old Subaru. Having a room in the lodge means that we occasionally have to listen to screaming children, have shitty cable t.v. in our faces, and sleep on beds that countless people have jerked off on to. That plus $25 for a cheeseburger and a beer makes having a private RV pretty damn cozy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Amicable Snowman View Post

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Fair point. I already have a 10 year old Subaru. Having a room in the lodge means that we occasionally have to listen to screaming children, have shitty cable t.v. in our faces, and sleep on beds that countless people have jerked off on to. That plus $25 for a cheeseburger and a beer makes having a private RV pretty damn cozy.
    In the PNW there is no slopeside lodging but there is slopeside camping. With the right camper rig you can roll out of bed at 730am, cook some breakfast, put boots on and grab first chair by 830am no problem without having to deal with a 1-2 hour drive from the nearest town + parking 2 miles from the lifts + getting up at 6am to make sure there is a parking spot left for you + sharing the roads with a bunch of pow starved morons who can't drive safely in winter weather.

Being able to take a break in your own private space is great. Booting up in a nice cozy camper is great.

Why not add your semen to the mix?

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Why not add your semen to the mix?
    i hope you felt uncomfortable to even type that. if not you might be a sociopath....

In the PNW there is no slopeside lodging but there is slopeside camping. With the right camper rig you can roll out of bed at 730am, cook some breakfast, put boots on and grab first chair by 830am no problem without having to deal with a 1-2 hour drive from the nearest town + parking 2 miles from the lifts + getting up at 6am to make sure there is a parking spot left for you + sharing the roads with a bunch of pow starved morons who can't drive safely in winter weather.

Being able to take a break in your own private space is great. Booting up in a nice cozy camper is great.
    That's what we do. Though the area doesn't allow overnight parking. I get up early at a spot 1 mile away, wife stays in the sleeping bag, park, take a nap, make breakfast and ski once lifts turn. We'll ski, she'll go make lunch, meet her there, eat, hang, ski more while she skis more or just relaxes. Maybe hit the bar if there's a decent band, mosey to the parking spot, repeat on Sunday.

I love going to Monarch, Powderhorn, etc where they allow overnight parking lot parking.

Actually my skis are in the box off the back - fits a ton of stuff in there and makes the steps workable. The storage in the sides is huge though - tools, camping gear, spares, it's all in there. This is my full time home so it is really nice having all that storage room.,

Quote Originally Posted by goldengatestinx View Post

I bought mine all together and the truck is a 550 so its got no problem with the weight - even in crazy cross winds - I don't love the height however - but so far haven't run into too many issues.

i hope you felt uncomfortable to even type that. if not you might be a sociopath....
    And...?

Quote Originally Posted by skibaru View Post
    Actually my skis are in the box off the back - fits a ton of stuff in there and makes the steps workable. The storage in the sides is huge though - tools, camping gear, spares, it's all in there. This is my full time home so it is really nice having all that storage room.,
    Got any more pics that you care to share?