Page 135 of 187 FirstFirst ... 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,375 of 4653
  1. #3351
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    OR
    Posts
    1,368
    Surprised on that mileage with the 5.7 liter yota. My Sequoia has averaged just under 14 and I only tow sparingly. When I do it gets much less. Most of teh miles are with 4 humans a large dog, roof box, and gear.

    Saw this beast in the lot yesterday.
    Last edited by klauss; 01-15-2018 at 12:39 PM.

  2. #3352
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    21
    This is my home!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171214_082014.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	221448
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180111_221132.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	221449

  3. #3353
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    tetons
    Posts
    6,552
    Quote Originally Posted by CelebratedSkier View Post


    Killing the game!

    #SedanLife
    I bet these guys know each other
    Name:  IMG_2767.JPG
Views: 942
Size:  106.2 KB
    skid luxury

  4. #3354
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Eburg
    Posts
    13,381
    Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    Surprised on that mileage with the 5.7 liter yota.
    I too was surprised, pleasantly so. Unlike many MPG claims, those are real numbers, corrected for odometer error (<1%). FTR, I get those numbers only if I drive with a very light foot, coasting before stops and speed zones, seldom > 65mph, ethanol free fuel, etc.

  5. #3355
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    3,957
    Quote Originally Posted by Ale_capone View Post
    I have radomax envy now...

    I had a 96 zr2, bought new in Detroit. I finally junked it last year. Least capable off road vehicle ever... I read an in depth review of the new zr2. Sounds like they made amends big time.

    Stock rear and front difs?!? I'll take please.
    Sticker price? Second mortgage..

    My zr2 had 500k+ miles, second engine. Completely gutted, with a built 3.8.. headers, 4 brl Holley, mad distributor..etc..it was pretty fun to drive, and ripped Forrest roads like a prerunner.. rust was it's ultimate demise..

    Took that truck cross.country many times. I'd say I slept in about 25 different ski hill lots with that thing.
    Least capable off road vehicle evar?! Did you have an S10 or a Blazer? A stock Zr2 blazer will out perform a stock wrangler from the same year all day long.

    I wish they made them with a 6" longer wheelbase/body though, have to sleep diagonally in the back which gives me no room for gear when the sleeping platform isn't in.

  6. #3356
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    reiter hills 98251
    Posts
    200
    Pickup, not blazer. Ok, maybe least capable was hyperbole. Never had problems, but i never took it real offroading. Pretty fun driving in snow.

    I had a cap on it. And also a ladder rack I would turn into a covered wagon camper.


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0151.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	221485Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0150.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	946.4 KB 
ID:	221486Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0633.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	221487

    Note the blue duct tape... bed was mostly that, Nd a paint shell. Pretty well rusted away

  7. #3357
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    reiter hills 98251
    Posts
    200
    Current van fleet... I use the margarine colored van for work,
    And city camping. The blue one for fun.

    Attachment 221489

  8. #3358
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    NCW
    Posts
    1,837
    I like that bigfoot rig with the service body. super cool.

  9. #3359
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    611
    Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    I like that bigfoot rig with the service body. super cool.
    Thought of you when I saw that. You were describing something similar the other day.
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

  10. #3360
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Der Town
    Posts
    6,252
    Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    I like that bigfoot rig with the service body. super cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by steveski View Post
    Thought of you when I saw that. You were describing something similar the other day.
    I think a custom service body type deal with an alaskan or bigfoot on top would be perfect. Imagining a full-length box that lets you store skis on one side, and then a full outdoor kitchen on the other side for tailgating it.

  11. #3361
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    64
    With the $$$ some of you mags are dumping into torque, fuel, and living space, I'd think you'd be better off with a 10yo Subaru and a room in the lodge.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  12. #3362
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Golden
    Posts
    2,709
    Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    I think a custom service body type deal with an alaskan or bigfoot on top would be perfect. Imagining a full-length box that lets you store skis on one side, and then a full outdoor kitchen on the other side for tailgating it.
    I was looking to do something similar when we were truck shopping. Storage would be fantastic.

    The crazy high CG would be scary at times. I've been blown bad by sideways gusts driving down I-70 by Silver Plume and in WY with the slide in in the regular pickup bed.
    Be always sure you're right ó THEN GO AHEAD!

    Itís not a date, itís a sport.TM STOP Boulderizing Golden!

  13. #3363
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Der Town
    Posts
    6,252
    Quote Originally Posted by goldengatestinx View Post
    I was looking to do something similar when we were truck shopping. Storage would be fantastic.

    The crazy high CG would be scary at times. I've been blown bad by sideways gusts driving down I-70 by Silver Plume and in WY with the slide in in the regular pickup bed.
    that's why I'd do a custom setup and put an alaskan in it

  14. #3364
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,690
    Quote Originally Posted by The Amicable Snowman View Post
    With the $$$ some of you mags are dumping into torque, fuel, and living space, I'd think you'd be better off with a 10yo Subaru and a room in the lodge.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Fair point. I already have a 10 year old Subaru. Having a room in the lodge means that we occasionally have to listen to screaming children, have shitty cable t.v. in our faces, and sleep on beds that countless people have jerked off on to. That plus $25 for a cheeseburger and a beer makes having a private RV pretty damn cozy.

  15. #3365
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Der Town
    Posts
    6,252
    Quote Originally Posted by The Amicable Snowman View Post
    With the $$$ some of you mags are dumping into torque, fuel, and living space, I'd think you'd be better off with a 10yo Subaru and a room in the lodge.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Fair point. I already have a 10 year old Subaru. Having a room in the lodge means that we occasionally have to listen to screaming children, have shitty cable t.v. in our faces, and sleep on beds that countless people have jerked off on to. That plus $25 for a cheeseburger and a beer makes having a private RV pretty damn cozy.
    In the PNW there is no slopeside lodging but there is slopeside camping. With the right camper rig you can roll out of bed at 730am, cook some breakfast, put boots on and grab first chair by 830am no problem without having to deal with a 1-2 hour drive from the nearest town + parking 2 miles from the lifts + getting up at 6am to make sure there is a parking spot left for you + sharing the roads with a bunch of pow starved morons who can't drive safely in winter weather.

    Being able to take a break in your own private space is great. Booting up in a nice cozy camper is great.

  16. #3366
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Imaginationland
    Posts
    4,019
    Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Fair point. I already have a 10 year old Subaru. Having a room in the lodge means that we occasionally have to listen to screaming children, have shitty cable t.v. in our faces, and sleep on beds that countless people have jerked off on to. That plus $25 for a cheeseburger and a beer makes having a private RV pretty damn cozy.
    Why not add your semen to the mix?

  17. #3367
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,690
    Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Why not add your semen to the mix?
    i hope you felt uncomfortable to even type that. if not you might be a sociopath....

  18. #3368
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Golden
    Posts
    2,709
    Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    In the PNW there is no slopeside lodging but there is slopeside camping. With the right camper rig you can roll out of bed at 730am, cook some breakfast, put boots on and grab first chair by 830am no problem without having to deal with a 1-2 hour drive from the nearest town + parking 2 miles from the lifts + getting up at 6am to make sure there is a parking spot left for you + sharing the roads with a bunch of pow starved morons who can't drive safely in winter weather.

    Being able to take a break in your own private space is great. Booting up in a nice cozy camper is great.
    That's what we do. Though the area doesn't allow overnight parking. I get up early at a spot 1 mile away, wife stays in the sleeping bag, park, take a nap, make breakfast and ski once lifts turn. We'll ski, she'll go make lunch, meet her there, eat, hang, ski more while she skis more or just relaxes. Maybe hit the bar if there's a decent band, mosey to the parking spot, repeat on Sunday.

    I love going to Monarch, Powderhorn, etc where they allow overnight parking lot parking.
    Be always sure you're right ó THEN GO AHEAD!

    Itís not a date, itís a sport.TM STOP Boulderizing Golden!

  19. #3369
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    I think a custom service body type deal with an alaskan or bigfoot on top would be perfect. Imagining a full-length box that lets you store skis on one side, and then a full outdoor kitchen on the other side for tailgating it.
    Actually my skis are in the box off the back - fits a ton of stuff in there and makes the steps workable. The storage in the sides is huge though - tools, camping gear, spares, it's all in there. This is my full time home so it is really nice having all that storage room.,

  20. #3370
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by goldengatestinx View Post
    I was looking to do something similar when we were truck shopping. Storage would be fantastic.

    The crazy high CG would be scary at times. I've been blown bad by sideways gusts driving down I-70 by Silver Plume and in WY with the slide in in the regular pickup bed.
    I bought mine all together and the truck is a 550 so its got no problem with the weight - even in crazy cross winds - I don't love the height however - but so far haven't run into too many issues.

  21. #3371
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Imaginationland
    Posts
    4,019
    Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    i hope you felt uncomfortable to even type that. if not you might be a sociopath....
    And...?

  22. #3372
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    SŲlden
    Posts
    374
    Quote Originally Posted by skibaru View Post
    Actually my skis are in the box off the back - fits a ton of stuff in there and makes the steps workable. The storage in the sides is huge though - tools, camping gear, spares, it's all in there. This is my full time home so it is really nice having all that storage room.,
    Got any more pics that you care to share?

  23. #3373
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Vinyl Valley
    Posts
    1,018
    Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Fair point. I already have a 10 year old Subaru. Having a room in the lodge means that we occasionally have to listen to screaming children, have shitty cable t.v. in our faces, and sleep on beds that countless people have jerked off on to. That plus $25 for a cheeseburger and a beer makes having a private RV pretty damn cozy.
    Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Why not add your semen to the mix?
    I laughed

    Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    i hope you felt uncomfortable to even type that. if not you might be a sociopath....
    uh-oh, I didn't type that, but I thought it was funny

  24. #3374
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Golden
    Posts
    2,709
    Quote Originally Posted by skibaru View Post
    I bought mine all together and the truck is a 550 so its got no problem with the weight - even in crazy cross winds - I don't love the height however - but so far haven't run into too many issues.
    Gross tonnage has an advantage or two.

    Get a bat pole for the dismount. Then rent it out to strippers.

  25. #3375
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by spnce View Post
    Why did the plow guys make you move & not me? That was fucked up
    He made a pass by, then went to another lot. Thought it was my wakeup call to move. When he came back he cleared another lane and I prepared. No biggie. I have plowed for cash so know it helps...

    Sent from my SM-G935V using TGR Forums mobile app

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •