Page 121 of 187 FirstFirst ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,025 of 4653
    I've driven both the nv and the transit. I preferred the nv passenger van. It feels like you're driving a truck rather than a van because of the way the front is built.

The transit felt cheap and is not nearly as sturdy as the predecessor e350 or the current nv. The transit has a uni body type design and just feels like it won't last.

I plan to buy a NV passenger van once my current car dies to do kid moving and gear hauling. The passenger version felt huge and was big enough to crash in the back while still having the third row in. The only downside is you can't stand straight up in it.

I also had a terrible experience with Ford and vowed to never again buy one. So that doesn't leave me many choices.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using TGR Forums mobile app

Faceshot express

This thread is getting me fired up to go mobile this winter. Planning to go from Whistler east to red/WH2O in late December if any mags are caravaning that way.

I have never driven the NV but when I see one like Cruiser posted or this one that I saw, I do get interested.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NV.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	508.0 KB 
ID:	211378

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
    I have never driven the NV but when I see one like Cruiser posted or this one that I saw, I do get interested.
    I used to drive a NV2000 They aren't that bad. granted the NV2000 is the kiddie version and the wheels are off a Radio flyer waggon but I'm quite tall and fit pretty good in there.

those NV's do look better to my eyes than the orange and random colored ones I've seen

but yeah I think the whole high roof thing is worth the money on the vans
    so much more room for activities
    skid luxury

High roof is a game changer. You can build your bed up high and store skis/mtn bikes underneath. Plus you can STAND! when cooking or putting on clothes which makes all the difference in the world.

Source: Someone without a high roof van, who had the misfortune of taking a trip in a high roof van.

yea we have been scoping out the high roofs drooling over the platform bed over interior bike storage zone below options
    the eurovan has served us well but agree- that standing room makes such a big difference! It's def what we want in our next van
    Last edited by b-bear; 08-30-2017 at 07:21 PM. Reason: spelling yo
    skid luxury

I logged a lot of time behind the wheel of an NV when some college buds and I road tripped from VT to Kansas City. They are awesome, can concur it felt truck-like.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    I logged a lot of time behind the wheel of an NV when some college buds and I road tripped from VT to Kansas City. They are awesome, can concur it felt truck-like.
    Same, had (work related) a high roof for about 6 months.
    Managed a heavy payload well too.
    Alpental Indigenous

Spotted on a Facebook flyfishing page:

Ready for W>bound

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

Quote Originally Posted by Kailua_Boys View Post
    Great find.
    PE, Mechanical Engineering
    University of Bridger Bowl Alumnus
    Alpental Creeper

A single feller could live in there full time with his dog, or his goat as the case may be, and be totally comfortable.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Kailua_Boys View Post
    Nice.

We can fit 4 bikes on the wall inside our sprinter, might consider that B bear!

I can't fucking attach photos but shoot me a pm w your email and I'll send one along. Thanks overlords
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Marin born -> Chico State -> CH -> France -> Truckee

Ski RV's, who's sleeping in parking lots?

I jumped on the van bandwagon. Went with a Ford transit gas eco-boost twin turbo getting over 19mpg with the buildout in. Bought it for $27k with 24,000 miles on it. I've put around $6-8k into the build and on the finishing touches. It drives WAY better than I thought it would and have been using it as daily driver all summer.

It's been an awesome basecamp for climbing trips. Still need to get some K/O all terrains for it and per other transit owners, should do ok in the snow with the buildout weight over the rear tires. I had a scamp trailer before this and liked it, but it was too small for my 6'-2" frame and the bed was too small for me and the lady. The transit is 6'-6" interior height(post buildout, 6'9" pre) and has a queen bed. Stoked!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    http://skivino.com

IG @Jskierpx

"Can switching to Geico really save you 15% or more on car insurance?"

"Do people really call 911 thinking they will get seen faster in the ER?"

Sick!
    PE, Mechanical Engineering
    University of Bridger Bowl Alumnus
    Alpental Creeper

very cool. nice lighting.

Rad! Did you have plans on that build or have someone do it? Interested in where or how. I am not design inclined so need the aid. I thought the transit vans were smaller but your looks as long as a sprinter?

Cheers
    Me

That's a freakn' palace. Props to that build out

Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    Rad! Did you have plans on that build or have someone do it? Interested in where or how. I am not design inclined so need the aid. I thought the transit vans were smaller but your looks as long as a sprinter?

Cheers
    Me
    You may be thinking of a transit connect which is the small version.

The Transit comes in multiple wheelbases and multiple roof heights. The big'ems are as big as the biggest sprinters.

Marin born -> Chico State -> CH -> France -> Truckee
    Thanks for the compliments. To pay for a buildout is low end $20k up to $50k for a nice build, plus the cost of the van of course so I opted to do it myself. I have put around $500 into tools and spent a ton of time online finding how-to DIY and instructional videos, blogs, etc. There is if anything, too much info online. But once you find a layout you like it's pretty straight forward to do most of it yourself. Time is often the limiting factor for most but if you have that, then a self build is totally doable 🤙

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    http://skivino.com

IG @Jskierpx

"Can switching to Geico really save you 15% or more on car insurance?"

"Do people really call 911 thinking they will get seen faster in the ER?"

1994 Catelina Coachman - Fresh winter paintjob

Just dropped $7K on 1994 Catelina and gave her a pretty unreal paintjob. New to TGR though - anybody know how long it takes to be able to post pics / links?

Quote Originally Posted by snowsearch View Post
    Just dropped $7K on 1994 Catelina and gave her a pretty unreal paintjob. New to TGR though - anybody know how long it takes to be able to post pics / links?
    You need to post naked pics of your wife or sister to enable further picture posting. Those are the rules.