Page 82 of 185 FirstFirst ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 4611
    Marin born -> Chico State -> CH -> France -> Truckee
    I put one of these in my small camper. Non vented freaked me out too but after months of research confirming that if you use common sense and crack your windows they are safe. With your standard alarms in place of course. I paid $207 2-4 months ago so this is currently a ripping deal...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000B...?ie=UTF8&psc=1Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1447998828.445381.jpg 
Views:	378 
Size:	108.2 KB 
ID:	172120
    http://skivino.com

IG @Jskierpx

"Can switching to Geico really save you 15% or more on car insurance?"

"Do people really call 911 thinking they will get seen faster in the ER?"

Great heaters but just could not provide enough heat in my rig at altitude. ^^^^

Any Eurovan camper owners have experience winter camping with the stock furnace?

Update on my Van project. Last summer I acquired a 7.3 diesel E350 extended body. Still kinda bare bones but it's coming together. So far I've upholstered/insulated with carpet padding and industrial carpeting all the way around, and installed laminate flooring, a modular bed platform, a counter and sink, and a sweet awning. Need to add ventilation and a heater, a couple windows, and maybe a high top. Took a three week road trip through the northwest this august and it was money.

There's nothing better than sliding down snow... flying through the air.

What brand/model is that awning? Been thinking bout one for my tundra. Sweet van btw

It's a rhino rack foxwing. Works pretty well.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow... flying through the air.

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    What brand/model is that awning? Been thinking bout one for my tundra. Sweet van btw
    I have an inno awning ive been thinking about selling. Not as wide a footprint as that sweet rig beaterit has but its pretty cherry. Just Google it. I used it on a tundra.
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

I'm working on a 1989 Skamper 720S Pop-Up for a Tacoma right now, any thoughts on adding some insulation to the canvas so it stays warmer? I was considering using the Mylar (space reflector insulation) bubble wrap found in Home Depot to line the perimeter once set up, but wasn't sure if this would even be worth the effort... I'll be using an electric blanket hooked up to a car battery, as well as a propane furnace... Thoughts for keeping a pop up warm?

Quote Originally Posted by cliffhucker View Post
    I was considering using the Mylar (space reflector insulation) bubble wrap found in Home Depot to line the perimeter once set up, but wasn't sure if this would even be worth the effort...
    Mine isn't a pop up, but we are surrounded by windows.
    We have found that putting this material in each window of our rig makes a considerable difference in terms heat retention.
    Alpental Indigenous

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    Update on my Van project. Last summer I acquired a 7.3 diesel E350 extended body. Still kinda bare bones but it's coming together. So far I've upholstered/insulated with carpet padding and industrial carpeting all the way around, and installed laminate flooring, a modular bed platform, a counter and sink, and a sweet awning. Need to add ventilation and a heater, a couple windows, and maybe a high top. Took a three week road trip through the northwest this august and it was money.
    I have serious van envy. I think I might go this route vs. the pick-up+camper route I've been chasing. While not stand-up, it's may more stealth and likely cheaper. I dig it.

Fwiw i think a 2wd diesel van sucks ass in the snow without a ton of weight. Definitely not in the same league as a 4wd truck with a camper. But other than storm chasing it would be a much better camper rig.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    I have an inno awning ive been thinking about selling. Not as wide a footprint as that sweet rig beaterit has but its pretty cherry. Just Google it. I used it on a tundra.
    how much and how long is it?

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Fwiw i think a 2wd diesel van sucks ass in the snow without a ton of weight. Definitely not in the same league as a 4wd truck with a camper. But other than storm chasing it would be a much better camper rig.
    There is no doubt about that. A 4WD van such as the Ford E series line isn't too bad with the 7.3 stroker in it. Worst experience ever during winter was in Poland for a few months with a Ford Transit and a Mercedes Sprinter. Seriously, worst drivers during winter conditions ever. Though, it is nice to have a van that you can start/do-whatever-the-hell you want inside without having to go outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryingtostaywarm View Post
    There is no doubt about that. A 4WD van such as the Ford E series line isn't too bad with the 7.3 stroker in it. Worst experience ever during winter was in Poland for a few months with a Ford Transit and a Mercedes Sprinter. Seriously, worst drivers during winter conditions ever. Though, it is nice to have a van that you can start/do-whatever-the-hell you want inside without having to go outside.
    Sounds fun. I agree, a 4wd 7.3 van would be tits. But wayy out of my price range. By the way, saw your rig on the last page, I like your style.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1448930989.311010.jpg 
Views:	445 
Size:	726.8 KB 
ID:	172668

I've seen the inno awnings before and they're nice but not quite what I want. Of course I really want to get a nice cargo basket so I can mount awning on it as well as recovery gear. Although with the combined cost of that and the rhino awning it puts me close to what I'm going to pay for new front suspension(prob icons and camburg ucas). Of course would love a 4wheel camper too but I doubt that will ever happen $$$

Quote Originally Posted by ACheateaux View Post
    how much and how long is it?
    I'll dig up the specs. Where you located? It's for sure close to 5ft long for sure and opens wider with "wings". Comes out from truck easily 7-8ft when pulled out.

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    I've seen the inno awnings before and they're nice but not quite what I want. Of course I really want to get a nice cargo basket so I can mount awning on it as well as recovery gear. Although with the combined cost of that and the rhino awning it puts me close to what I'm going to pay for new front suspension(prob icons and camburg ucas). Of course would love a 4wheel camper too but I doubt that will ever happen $$$
    Check amazon for a Curt branded roof basket. Way cheaper than Thule and works very well. Might save ya some dough.

Looking for one longer than that. The EB E350 is a ton of real estate!

Check amazon for a Curt branded roof basket. Way cheaper than Thule and works very well. Might save ya some dough.
    Wal-mart literally has a roof basket for pretty reasonable and it is pretty decent. It is in the automotive section. Here's a thread where a guy put extensions on it to make it longer. http://www.toyota-4runner.org/off-roading/188625-$100-walmart-roof-rack.html
    Last edited by Tryingtostaywarm; 12-01-2015 at 11:22 AM.

Sounds fun. I agree, a 4wd 7.3 van would be tits. But wayy out of my price range. By the way, saw your rig on the last page, I like your style.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1448930989.311010.jpg 
Views:	445 
Size:	726.8 KB 
ID:	172668
    I like the Ford. I sometimes wish I had extended/crew cab but I live downtown and it is long enough already. How many miles you got on that thing?

Ski RV's, who's sleeping in parking lots?

I like the Ford. I sometimes wish I had extended/crew cab but I live downtown and it is long enough already. How many miles you got on that thing?
    Thanks. Shes a short bed so that makes it a bit more manageable driving around SLC but I do have a smaller daily driver so I don't deal with it too often. She has 272k on the clock, bought it with 261k on it about 2 years ago. Some days it is pretty long in the tooth but its been a damn fun truck to own for mountain adventures.

Thanks. Shes a short bed so that makes it a bit more manageable driving around SLC but I do have a smaller daily driver so I don't deal with it too often. She has 272k on the clock, bought it with 261k on it about 2 years ago. Some days it is pretty long in the tooth but its been a damn fun truck to own for mountain adventures.
    Thatta boy. Racking up them miles! How's the electrical/little stuff holding up on it? I'm just to turn about 326k on mine..drivetrain is solid/frame/body but boy the electrical is extremely fragile. I can't even splice many of my original wires because they just fall apart when messing with them. So, basically I just re-wire entire sections when something goes out.

Thatta boy. Racking up them miles! How's the electrical/little stuff holding up on it? I'm just to turn about 326k on mine..drivetrain is solid/frame/body but boy the electrical is extremely fragile. I can't even splice many of my original wires because they just fall apart when messing with them. So, basically I just re-wire entire sections when something goes out.
    Sounds like we are in the same boat. Mine was a ranch truck for a while so the body is beat up and I have fixed lots of interior stuff. Usually when I start doing something electrical I wind up rewiring a lot more than I planned. I rebuilt all the door panels and fixed almost all of the interior rattles a few months ago, that was a big milestone. I need to redo the door weatherstripping and that will make a big difference in the wind noise driving down the highway.

Quote Originally Posted by AlpenChronicHabitual View Post
    Mine isn't a pop up, but we are surrounded by windows.
    We have found that putting this material in each window of our rig makes a considerable difference in terms heat retention.
    The side/back wall of our hard side fits a 4 ft piece of the mylar/bubble perfectly between the bottom of the overhead cabinet and the seating surface. Pretty quick to slide it in and it insulates the whole wall as well as increases privacy. Then just pull it out (or fold down a corner to let light in), fold in thirds and slide it under the mattress. Amazing what the 1/4 inch of dead air space does.

It ain't stealthy (though a hardside camper on a crew cab F-250 is tough to hide or disguise anyway) or pretty but it works.

As seen on my street earlier this week:

Who was it?