Page 15 of 187 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Kickass digs bolton. Looks like I'll be tenting/couchsurfing as the great green wonder truck is for sale. Although, I did spot a yota camper of similar vintage to my 4x4, same wheelbase, just on a 2wd. And then of course I'm tossing around fancy-beyond-my-means fibreglass shell ideas like Trackhead. I've already got the flatbed. And then of course there's this thing. It even comes de-seated.
    Life is simple. Go Explore.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Huge huge thanks to AlpenChronicHabitual, who is hooking me up with a used set of Brophy tie-downs!
    Thanks! Hope they work out well for you.
    Post a picture of your rig when it comes together.

Is anyone posting up in the Timberline lot at Mt. Hood this summer?
    Any suggestions for enjoying this area while I'm in town, and any pointers/tips/suggestions for parking lot life at Hood would be appreciated. TIA.

PS: Went mental and bought a second 2000 Ford Chinook Concourse. Left the first one in VT (is for sale), flew to Denver to buy this one, and drive it to Mt. Hood. Here she is, only 22,000 dry San Diego miles:

[
    Last edited by boltonoutlaw; 07-13-2011 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Broken URL

^^^any interior pics?

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

...so do any of you super cool builder doods have an old cast off rv i can borrow next winter? i promise not to bring any in-laws or out-laws

See post 350 in this thread to see the dinette version in FLTLNDR™.

The interior of SNWLNDR™ has the club lounge floorplan - two club chairs with a bar table instead of the diner booth (which converts into a second twin bed). There is only one bed, but it is a full-size that jack-knifes out from the couch, definitely a plus for solo travel. As well there is no oven in this vehicle, but who is baking cakes? That space is useful additional storage. SNWLNDR™:

Last edited by boltonoutlaw; 08-03-2011 at 10:13 AM.

Check out this thing. It's a freakin' house on wheels. Not sure how mobile it would be, but according to the description, you can remove the railings from the deck and fold it up.

Awesome.

Craigslisting Here

I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

Nice build.

Here is a pic of my rig. It keeps our family of three and the dog warm and dry even on the coldest days. We have spent nights at -25C (-13 degrees F), it sits at regular room temp 22C inside and has hot water, shower, and toilet. I burn a tank of propane for the weekend. I know it is probably much more than I need, but I have a five year old and a wife to keep happy and warm.

If I stick to using this rig, I am goiing to have to buy a commuter car, putting the camper on and off for the week of comuting to work kills me. Those turnbuckles are cold when it is -20 outside! I would still have to winterize each week unless I found heated storage...

I was considering a bumper pull Arctic Fox trailer about 26 ft, with studded tires. Anyone consider this? We would like the extra room, and I would just have to unhitch for the week. Am I crazy to think I could drive a trailer in the winter to various hills? Right now this rig is big, but has studs on all four tires, I do better than most as I have lots of weight.

Almost done with the exterior. Now I need to put the lift kit on, new transfer case gears, finish the inside, and add a roll bar.

Ugliest vehicle ever.

thats not even close to ugly. fkn awesome!!it will look even better with the lift

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    just bought this bad boy:

Need to get the door fixed, not really sure how to do it or how to find someone to pay to do it.
    Shout out to Harry Tuttle, who did a great job fixing up the sucker at a very fair price. Need to post a new pic, but I don't think the pic will do it justice, it was one of those fixes that took more work than is visible.

Maiden voyage in about 10 days.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

Just popping in to show some RV love. Been working on mine lately and she's almost ready for some outside paint. Hoping to make some epic trips this season with 'er.

She's an '81 Fleetwood Tioga. All the gas appliances including the heater and fridge work tits and all the water pumps and such are primo, so the previous owner must have parked it facing Mecca or something. She's served as the Gov'nah's mansion at Limerock for years as well as successfully served as basecamp on several Quabbin fishing trips so she has seen her fair share of radness.

ALSO IF ANYONE IS LOOKING FOR A CHEAP RV/RAPE VAN I saw one right near my uncle's car lot in Springfield for sale for $2k. Ford Econoline high top camper van, looks to be early to mid 90s for sale for $2k, but I could probably talk the guy down a bit. Let me know if anyone wants more info I'd be happy to go digging for ya.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

P.S.- Bolton, what are you looking to get for your older concourse?
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    P.S.- Bolton, what are you looking to get for your older concourse?
    27500 is what I have in it. Open to offers.
    FYI: Both of the Chinook Concourse motorhomes are the same model year 2000 built on a 1999 Ford E350 Super-Duty chassis. The difference between the two is that FLTLNDR™ features the XL package, i.e., leather seats (instead of cloth), an oven (instead of a cupboard), a Beverage Mate console (instead of a stock engine cover), and a rear-view backup camera & monitor. In addition, an aftermarket Yakima Space Bin has been installed. In all other respects the two campers are identical.

I bought the second one because it had only 22,000 miles, but apparently I've also become one of those RV kooks (E.g., I keep a daily Captain's log book). At Mt. Hood:

Last edited by boltonoutlaw; 08-03-2011 at 10:43 AM.

Shout out to Harry Tuttle, who did a great job fixing up the sucker at a very fair price. Need to post a new pic, but I don't think the pic will do it justice, it was one of those fixes that took more work than is visible.

Jam out with your Scamp out!
    Scamp out for the cause!
    Scamp Tramp.

Hey Trackhead, what do you have planned for interior amenities?

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Hey Trackhead, what do you have planned for interior amenities?
    Sink, two burner stove, ARB refridgerator, 130w solar on the roof (left over from my motorhome when I sold it), sleep me/wife/kid, bench/bed down low, 15 gallon water tank, 12 water pump, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by boltonoutlaw View Post
    27500 is what I have in it. Open to offers.
    Did I miss the part where you're selling a Chinook or two? You have details in any one place I can take a look?

Quote Originally Posted by udp88 View Post
    Did I miss the part where you're selling a Chinook or two? You have details in any one place I can take a look?
    I have not posted a FS listing anywhere, but mentioned here that I'm parting with one of the Chinooks. You can see some photos and history here: http://fltlndr.blogspot.com/

Shout out to Harry Tuttle, who did a great job fixing up the sucker at a very fair price............................................. ..snip...............................
    This guy???

Sweet rig, got one just like it in my backyard right now, needs some work.

Trackhead that thing is awesome!
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow... flying through the air.

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    This guy???

I think that is his avatar, actually!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

Shout out to Harry Tuttle

Let me know if you have any questions or problems with my work.

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit

got one just like it in my backyard right now, needs some work.
    You called?
    I came into this game for the action, the excitement. Go anywhere, travel light, get in, get out, wherever there's trouble, a man alone

Dude sweet, missed this alias, nice choice.

JohnGcrist might be PMing you, it's his Scamp. Mostly the electrical he can't figure out.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow... flying through the air.