Page 166 of 187 FirstFirst ... 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,150 of 4653
  1. #4126
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    Very cool, but right hand drive though...

    .
    Is someone not ambidextrous? You haven't lived until you've rowed it southpaw

  2. #4127
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Eburg
    Posts
    13,381
    I've give my right arm to be ambidextrous

  3. #4128
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Leadville, CO
    Posts
    3,715
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post
    By putting this here, I'm hoping it means I don't have to buy it myself. Drool.

    https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/r...760201787.html
    that thing looks awesome , 4wd too, a little better from front than side (boxy), lol
    My Company: Made in Colorado SKi Clothing- check it out

    www.freeridesystems.com
    25% Maggot Discount Code = 'MAGGOT18'

  4. #4129
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    10,610
    ^^^ Did you sell your rig?

  5. #4130
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Leadville, CO
    Posts
    3,715
    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    ^^^ Did you sell your rig?
    me?
    the forester or the class c?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rv1.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	971.0 KB 
ID:	258000
    stored up near canada
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rvCover.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	891.1 KB 
ID:	258001
    My Company: Made in Colorado SKi Clothing- check it out

    www.freeridesystems.com
    25% Maggot Discount Code = 'MAGGOT18'

  6. #4131
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,166
    pro tip for promaster owners

    drivers side, unlock button can be accessed w a strait coat hanger.

    way too easy.

    (i did not get robbed, but the fed ex truck i bought did)

  7. #4132
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,040
    Curious about this from an enforcement standpoint, not safety. Safety is always a priority.

    For those who are just over 10k GVWR (most anyone with a camper), do you chain up when the sign says so? Ever been stopped, weighed, cited, imprisoned, tortured, beaten?

    Bottom line, is being a few thousand lbs over tantamount to driving a few mph over the limit in the eyes of the law?

    I will be carrying chains regardless, just prefer to keep on truckin vs beating up an already fully loaded tire with chains. Autosocks are a consideration, but I'm not sure they'd be an improvement over studded Nokians (stud police reminder: dedicated ski vehicle).

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  8. #4133
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Summit North
    Posts
    5,673
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post
    Is someone not ambidextrous? You haven't lived until you've rowed it southpaw
    My life goal is to become an ambi-turner...
    Alpental Indigenous

  9. #4134
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hell Track
    Posts
    8,039
    Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    Yeah, that guy posts a lot of those JDM RVs. Tried to talk the wife into one, but she wouldn't bite. They're slick. Anyone have experience with one long term?
    No experience in one, but a 2.7 liter naturally aspirated diesel seems like it'd make for a less than hasty pace in the mountains.

  10. #4135
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,040
    Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    No experience in one, but a 2.7 liter naturally aspirated diesel seems like it'd make for a less than hasty pace in the mountains.
    I was wondering about that. I looked one of the isuzu variations posted a while back. Power to weight didn't make a ton of sense.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  11. #4136
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Co
    Posts
    1,175
    Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    Curious about this from an enforcement standpoint, not safety. Safety is always a priority.

    For those who are just over 10k GVWR (most anyone with a camper), do you chain up when the sign says so? Ever been stopped, weighed, cited, imprisoned, tortured, beaten?

    Bottom line, is being a few thousand lbs over tantamount to driving a few mph over the limit in the eyes of the law?

    I will be carrying chains regardless, just prefer to keep on truckin vs beating up an already fully loaded tire with chains. Autosocks are a consideration, but I'm not sure they'd be an improvement over studded Nokians (stud police reminder: dedicated ski vehicle).

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Where are you located? Enforcement will vary by state. If you cause a wreck though the popo and lawyers may look into it, unless youíre wealthy though my guess is the latter wonít bother you.

    In Co they pretty much never require chains on private vehicles, just commercial.

  12. #4137
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    232
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post
    By putting this here, I'm hoping it means I don't have to buy it myself. Drool.

    https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/r...760201787.html
    Thatís a great interior layout. Going through a toll both solo would suck.


    Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

  13. #4138
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,040
    Quote Originally Posted by GPP33 View Post
    Where are you located? Enforcement will vary by state. If you cause a wreck though the popo and lawyers may look into it, unless youíre wealthy though my guess is the latter wonít bother you.

    In Co they pretty much never require chains on private vehicles, just commercial.
    OR. And it's the same in WA. I've never seen anyone get pulled over or checked for it. Just curious if anyone's ever heard of anyone caring.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  14. #4139
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bellingham
    Posts
    133
    Anyone have a recommendation for a portable CO2 detector suitable for a van?
    JimmyCarter:

    I was a MA high school "racer"... Dudes show up for a 200 yard "race" in full gear, getting leg rubdowns in the starting house while half my team was off in the woods getting lit.

    :Priceless

  15. #4140
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Park City
    Posts
    2,687
    I just use a battery only one from Home Depot.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

  16. #4141
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    No experience in one, but a 2.7 liter naturally aspirated diesel seems like it'd make for a less than hasty pace in the mountains.
    I mean, you'd get there.....eventually.

  17. #4142
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Eburg
    Posts
    13,381
    Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    I just use a battery only one from Home Depot
    Yeah, that's the easy play, cheaper than 12V RV units. Our FWC Hawk came with a 12V CO/propane detector, nice but they are $90.

  18. #4143
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bellingham
    Posts
    133
    I bought a battery CO one from Lowes, but first thing I see in the instructions is shouldn't be used in a damp environment, < 40 degrees, < 20 feet from heat source, so that's 3 strikes for my Vanagon :-).
    JimmyCarter:

    I was a MA high school "racer"... Dudes show up for a 200 yard "race" in full gear, getting leg rubdowns in the starting house while half my team was off in the woods getting lit.

    :Priceless

  19. #4144
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Wish I knew?
    Posts
    2,608
    The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them.

  20. #4145
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sierras
    Posts
    162
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181125_064956.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	258614
    Stayed in the Carson Pass sno park the last couple weekends, probably be there this weekend skiing Kirkwood, come say hi. The above picture was from a couple weekends ago, this last weekend was a different story: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aDH6JDa.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	355.4 KB 
ID:	258617
    Last edited by McScrundle; 12-04-2018 at 10:25 PM.

  21. #4146
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    555
    ^^ I'll probably see you over there this winter. Maroon Astro van.

  22. #4147
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Scummit
    Posts
    7,834
    Quote Originally Posted by McScrundle View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181125_064956.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	258614
    Stayed in the Carson Pass sno park the last couple weekends, probably be there this weekend skiing Kirkwood, come say hi. The above picture was from a couple weekends ago, this last weekend was a different story: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aDH6JDa.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	355.4 KB 
ID:	258617
    I have almost the exact same truck and have been looking into a Hawk if I don't just trade it in for a van. How's it drive with that on the back and how did it do camping in a snowstorm?

  23. #4148
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sierras
    Posts
    162
    Yeah, I went this route over a van because I can take it off and have a normal truck when I need it, though I've ended up using it almost every weekend I've had it and never taking it off. I take a 2-3 MPG mileage hit with it, and it drives a bit more like a boat, but airbags helped level it back out and made for a pretty smooth ride. The storm wasn't bad at all, I put up reflectix around the vinyl siding and in the windows, then kept it from 50 to 60F inside at night. Moisture is an issue if you don't crack a vent and will freeze between the vinyl and the reflectix. Would a van or hard side camper be better for this type of camping? Absolutely, you will probably use less propane throughout the night and have more living space. But I'm stoked on this setup, the price was relatively cheap for a 4x4 camping setup and I still have a normal truck when I need it.

    EDIT: Also, protip to get around sno park's "Do not build campfires on paved areas.": This little firepit stainless steel mesh works great. It catches all the ash and collapses down to just the size of a couple tent poles. It's sturdy enough to make a log cabin style fire out of normal firewood size pieces: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181203_070952.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	957.7 KB 
ID:	258663
    Last edited by McScrundle; 12-05-2018 at 12:36 PM.

  24. #4149
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Portland by way of Bozeman
    Posts
    2,817
    Quote Originally Posted by McScrundle View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181125_064956.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	258614
    Stayed in the Carson Pass sno park the last couple weekends, probably be there this weekend skiing Kirkwood, come say hi. The above picture was from a couple weekends ago, this last weekend was a different story:
    Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    I have almost the exact same truck and have been looking into a Hawk if I don't just trade it in for a van. How's it drive with that on the back and how did it do camping in a snowstorm?
    Beat me to the same question. I'm looking at the very same set-up; both for skiing and for summers at the race track. And to keep the truck viable as a truck when the camper isn't in the back of the truck.

    Quote Originally Posted by McScrundle View Post
    Yeah, I went this route over a van because I can take it off and have a normal truck when I need it, though I've ended up using it almost every weekend I've had it and never taking it off. I take a 2-3 MPG mileage hit with it, and it drives a bit more like a boat, but airbags helped level it back out and made for a pretty smooth ride. The storm wasn't bad at all, I put up reflectix around the vinyl siding and in the windows, then kept it from 50 to 60F inside at night. Moisture is an issue if you don't crack a vent and will freeze between the vinyl and the reflectix. Would a van or hard side camper be better for this type of camping? Absolutely, you will probably use less propane throughout the night and have more living space. But I'm stoked on this setup, the price was relatively cheap for a 4x4 camping setup and I still have a normal truck when I need it.

    EDIT: Also, protip to get around sno park's "Do not build campfires on paved areas.": This little firepit stainless steel mesh works great. It catches all the ash and collapses down to just the size of a couple tent poles. It's sturdy enough to make a log cabin style fire out of normal firewood size pieces: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181203_070952.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	957.7 KB 
ID:	258663

  25. #4150
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,166
    i love shit like this



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •