Page 326 of 510 FirstFirst ... 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 ... LastLast
Results 8,126 to 8,150 of 12727
    Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Damn, no deposit? Wasn't that worth about $3,000 on lumber alone back in May???
    Just bought a 6 x 8 sheet of 1/2" degrade plywood for some camper fix its. Only needed less than 1/4 of it. With tax $100+. Talk about sticker shock

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

isn't 6'X8' a weird size?
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    isn't 6'X8' a weird size?
    Im not sure. It stuck atleast a foot out of my 6.5 truck box. 4 x 8 ? I got the $100 part right. Wont forget that

4x8 is standard. was hoping it was $100 for being a weird size. What would a structural piece be there???
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

4x8 is standard. was hoping it was $100 for being a weird size. What would a structural piece be there???
    No idea. Bought a few 2 x 4's a week ago. They were $15/each including tax

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by apex dave View Post
    Curious to know how fast it was going
    Looked about 45, downhill, tailwind
    Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Yup, that's mine.
    I'm sitting here desperately trying to talk myself out of buying this. Not coming up with many good reasons.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Local lumber in the land of hewers of wood: paying $110CND for each 3/4" standard 4x8 fir plywood. Softwood market kills the local real estate/development market more than it kills you in this . Madison prices for 9.5mm ply is almost $1400/msf wholesale. cheaper to clad the backwoods timberframe poleshelter in metal roofing. At least it used to be relegated to the backwoods properties...

popping up in the local subdivision now though too. LOL - COVID purchases and projects blowing up the system.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    Local lumber in the land of hewers of wood: paying $110CND for each 3/4" standard 4x8 fir plywood. Softwood market kills the local real estate/development market more than it kills you in this . Madison prices for 9.5mm ply is almost $1400/msf wholesale. cheaper to clad the backwoods timberframe poleshelter in metal roofing. At least it used to be relegated to the backwoods properties...

popping up in the local subdivision now though too. LOL - COVID purchases and projects blowing up the system.
    I wanted to make my spacer/raiser under my camper in my truck box into a basement storage for skis, lawn chare etc. Prices cancelled that. I thought i might just make it out of aluminium and itd be 1/3 of the weight. No welds , just get it assembled. May end up pricing that assembled alu option eventually

Could use a couple sheets of 2" foundation foam. Lightweight and insulates your floor.

Second the 2” foam.

Fight thermal bridging at all costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Could use a couple sheets of 2" foundation foam. Lightweight and insulates your floor.
    Ya eh? Im not familiar with that. Im looking for about an extra 3" on top of my current spacer to clear the tie down hangers. I have to back in close to perfect so they dont scratch my box. I stuck some loose 2 x 4's under the current spacer but i need another 1 1/2". So 3" total
    I bought a couple aluminium plates and made some spacers to move the front jacks out when i take the camper off. That gives me a nice amount of space to back in when i load it. Then just 2 bolts to move the jacks in before i hit the road. Just have to get some seperation from those tie down hangers now. Bad design having them stick out of the underside. Maybe i should cut them shorter and fab some attachment to the shortened hangers and one of those 2" foundation foams. Ill have to look tommorrow. That could be nice. Previous owner put a laminate floor in with aluminium stringers and some special foam insulation, maybe that stuff

Ski RV's, who's sleeping in parking lots?

It’s r-10 foam board insulation. Just place it between your current platform and the camper.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Owens-Co...-45W/100320352

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    It’s r-10 foam board insulation. Just place it between your current platform and the camper.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Owens-Co...-45W/100320352
    Oh ya that stuff. Price should be attractive and foamular 250 should support the camper no problem. Whay about this?
    "FOAMULAR cannot be left exposed and will need to be covered by a 15 minute thermal barrier such as drywall."

I think that's for fire in a building

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    I think that's for fire in a building
    In the same paragraph i copied thst quote from it said you csnt paint it and it cant be left exposed. I guess itd melt ez with a fire but what about super cold winter weather. Would it get brittle?

1990 Ford E350 Chinook 98,000 miles.
    $21,500 in FL. Looks like a cream puff. Seriously tempted to buy a one way plane ticket and take a chance? Talk me out of it
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Ill be no help. Lux in a nice size

Add 4x4 and suspension work for a winner.

My understanding is a pre-92 4x4 conversion will be DIY as the major conversion companies only do the newer body style.

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    1990 Ford E350 Chinook 98,000 miles.
    $21,500 in FL. Looks like a cream puff. Seriously tempted to buy a one way plane ticket and take a chance? Talk me out of it
    Do it.

Guy near me has one in 4x4 with diesel/banks turbo. Keeps it shacked for most of the year and it's amazing. I've talked to him about buying it and he wants me to give him a number so he can then laugh at me.

Real nice rigs.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    In the same paragraph i copied thst quote from it said you csnt paint it and it cant be left exposed. I guess itd melt ez with a fire but what about super cold winter weather. Would it get brittle?

The cold won't damage it, UV exposure is the enemy of that stuff, and why it needs to be covered ASAP after it's installed on a house.

There is a liquid coating that can be applied to it which makes it UV stable, I see it on the outside of ICF foundations (although those are typically EPS and not XPS). It sounds like in your installation it would be pretty well protected from light exposure, but that is what will kill it quickly.

It's also toxic as all get-out when it burns, but that should go without saying given it's plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    The cold won't damage it, UV exposure is the enemy of that stuff, and why it needs to be covered ASAP after it's installed on a house.

There is a liquid coating that can be applied to it which makes it UV stable, I see it on the outside of ICF foundations (although those are typically EPS and not XPS). It sounds like in your installation it would be pretty well protected from light exposure, but that is what will kill it quickly.

It's also toxic as all get-out when it burns, but that should go without saying given it's plastic.
    Good to know . I was going to make an additional frame with 2x4 and a sheet of 3/4". Maybe ill just makr the 2x4 frame around some of that stuff and skip the plywood. Cheaper and easier/lighter to install every time i load/unload the camper

Ski RV's, who's sleeping in parking lots?

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    My understanding is a pre-92 4x4 conversion will be DIY as the major conversion companies only do the newer body style.
    It’s a cool rig!!

Yeah or small shop. Parts and schemes from Quigely and Pathfinder are out there. The pros and cons of 4x4 have been gone over here. That said it sure would suck to see a perfectly useful camper get sucked into an unfinished project vortex. Guy on Exped “simply” swapped the entire chassis over to a quigley. A roadtrek Or similar carriage.

I always wondered if a lift shook the components like appliances and stuff more than they were engineered to be shook. Probably no real data on that.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    I don't facebook or anything and I am guessing that Gunnison group is one of those invite only deals, but if you could PM me any info that would be great.

I just went and looked at this. Won't work for my truck. Needs some TLC. If you have a shop and some time this could be a good project.

https://bozeman.craigslist.org/rvs/d...333951240.html

It's super tempting, but I kinda need a place right now. Finally getting to where I am "marketable" in the Bozeman dating scene. Chicks love if you have a van.....parked in the driveway of your 700k house.

As much as the idea of the van life thing makes sense I do need a regular vehicle for work purposes and not trying to stay single forever.

I never drive clients around unless they are good friends. Covid seemed to take that totally out of the equation for RE anymore.

Good point about the camper in the truck bed though. I think a GFC would be OK to show up at client houses/showings because they are sleek/cool looking enough.
    well, fuck. any bitch that's worth a salt won't give a fuck about the greater boz re market bubble.

i met axtells grandson today. cool dude.