Page 64 of 510 FirstFirst ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 12748
    Quote Originally Posted by yardsale2 View Post
    Saw this thread describing problems with the fridge below 20F as the refrigerant becomes viscous and screws up the works.

Thoughts?
    I've heard reports of this too. We spent 3+ months in Breck 2 years ago, and simply sealed off the bottom fridge vent, and had no issues. I've heard of people adding a 100w light bulb to the compartment as well to keep some heat inside.

Quote Originally Posted by yardsale2 View Post
    Saw this thread describing problems with the fridge below 20F as the refrigerant becomes viscous and screws up the works.
    http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fu...d/24160748.cfm

Thoughts?
    Is this a problem if you are storing the RV below 20F and not using the frig?

Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

any need to worry about a fire though if you seal it off?
    Smile, breathe and go slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by brennabreathes View Post
    any need to worry about a fire though if you seal it off?
    No. It's already in a sealed system.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

The bus has been moving along steadily through summer. It's currently getting the 4wd installed. I'm picking it up on Nov 8th, and hoping to have the interior finished by the end of Nov. I'm spending the winter in the desert, but will be taking a few snowboarding trips as well.

All I want is to be hardcore.

www.tonystreks.com

^^^^nice work - more interior pics!
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

My low rent Not-So-Sportsmobile (aka "The GnaRV") is getting there. New topper, sweet windows, new build out in the back, wood floors (really cheap vinyl that's already peeling up), etc...

Mud season surf run. Loving it. Now I just need to paint it.

And the 4x4 conversion...

And insulate/finish the topper...

And build a roof basket for the front...

And build out some bumpers...

And install a heater...

hitek79... that's going to be a nice rig. those seats are deluxe.

This isn't mine but I wish, I just saw it while traveling around.

4wd, smokestack and curtains... yessir.

Quote Originally Posted by steff View Post
    hitek79... that's going to be a nice rig. those seats are deluxe.

This isn't mine but I wish, I just saw it while traveling around.

4wd, smokestack and curtains... yessir.

That thing needs a sticker saying, "This machine kills hippies." Love it.

thoughts on this?

https://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=21...arch=&ad_cid=4

Probably nowhere near winter ready but what does anyone know about these?

Thanks

If anyone is looking for a camper and truck my buddy is selling his whole rig. He was one of the people Dunfee profiled on here last winter.
    https://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=21...956414&cat=150
    "College sailing isn't about who wins the most races, its about who can stand in the morning"

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    thoughts on this?

https://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=21...arch=&ad_cid=4

Probably nowhere near winter ready but what does anyone know about these?

Thanks
    I had a newer version (93) Sun Lite that was my ski rig for many years. Even with canvas sides, it stayed pretty warm in winter without any modifications. With that said, the damage listed in the ad makes me a little nervous, particularly if you're using it in snow.
    Last edited by Diesel; 10-28-2014 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    I had a newer version (93) Sun Lite that was my ski rig for many years. Even with canvas sides, it stayed pretty warm in winter without any modifications. With that said, the damage listed in the ad makes me a little nervous, particularly if you're using it in snow.
    I dont know how much id use it in snow, but from the distant pics it looks like the spot in question could be repaired/sealed. Looks like the canvas is in decent shape (again pics arent super). Interior looks good. Might have to look into pulling the trigger on this one. Time for a LOW BALL offer.

are there any lots at/near SNOWBIRD that I can park and camp in my rig for a couple of nights?

Quote Originally Posted by CheezDick View Post
    are there any lots at/near SNOWBIRD that I can park and camp in my rig for a couple of nights?
    There is a open 24 hours Walmart in Sandy about 20 minutes from Snowboard.

Joe's Tire on the way to SB fills propane tanks.

I have also stayed in the parking lot beside the bus stop, across the street from the Sandy community centre which has swimming pool, showers, sauna, hot tub for about $5.00.

can u smell the weed smoke ?

http://bend.craigslist.org/cto/4730109874.html

FYI: McD's that are open 24 hours will generally tolerate your parking in the lot. Easy access to WiFi and a pooper, but the food, not so much...

Quote Originally Posted by sal the salmon View Post
    I bet it feels like a "different world" in the back of that thing......well built though, 350 with a T700 is a good combo.... since when do hippies like to "eat up Toyotas and Hondas"

If anyone is looking for a propane heater for thier camper, van, truck bed or whatever... I've got three listed here: http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...36#post4342436 on gear swap. These are leftovers from my hippy shack project and would work well for any dirtbag who wants to camp in a parking lot in sub zero temps.
    Don't ask.... Don't tele

nice Sportsmobile for sale: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/rvs/4742826900.html

Wonder what it would take to make it bullet proof for winter..

In general, are these vans good value? See some of them selling for more than high end Sprinters.

Depends on what you mean by "bulletproof". In general they are not insulated very well coming out of the factory unless you specifically request that upgrade from SMB (tanks, lines ran outside the van body, no real insulation to speak of, multiple unfilled holes in van body). Bulletproof IMO would be a significant effort, but you could definitely do plenty of short winter camping

Yes they do hold their value very well, especially now that ford had discontinued the Econoline. Of course it all depends on what you are looking for. It is the only camper van that can truly wheel off-road (other than the ridiculous Earth-Roamer). The gating factors on this rig would be the 5.4L V8 and the funky 45 layout. The salvage title isn't such a big deal b/c insurance companies don't know how to accurately value these things to begin with b/c of the aftermarket conversion. If you can get beyond the layout and get the engine checked out, this looks like a pretty good deal. Agile Offroad is solid, so the suspension, 4x4, and tranny should be bomber. Bumpers and a generator box are nice to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Solesides View Post
    nice Sportsmobile for sale: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/rvs/4742826900.html

Wonder what it would take to make it bullet proof for winter..

In general, are these vans good value? See some of them selling for more than high end Sprinters.

Quote Originally Posted by sierraskier View Post
    . It is the only camper van that can truly wheel off-road (other than the ridiculous Earth-Roamer). .
    http://www.tigervehicles.com/
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Interesting. Like a modernized Chinook. But doesn't the dually and the height drastically limit where you can go?

Sportsmobiles are more for serious off-road use than just driving in snow. It's overkill and you will get a much more liveable space with a cheap 4X4 truck and truck camper if all you want to do is camp in parking lots.

I've driven a Tiger and they are nicely made and moderately capable off-road, but they aren't as well setup for winter use than a 4-season truck camper. The tanks are exposed instead of enclosed. It's technically a 4X4 class C. They are also big $.