Page 233 of 508 FirstFirst ... 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 ... LastLast
Results 5,801 to 5,825 of 12696
    Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    You got a good lumberyard rec in the Denver/Boulder area?
    I like Front Range Lumber CO in Lakewood because they're friendly even if you're not a contractor buying in bulk. Pro tip: you'll get much better price/ft^2 if you buy 5' x 5' sheets of Baltic Birch vs. the 4' x 8'.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    They are super hard to find and thats what id put at the top of my list but his price seems out of touch. There a list of other options at that price, as much as i want that northern lite
    Edit: scrolled slowly through the inside again. Sooo fkn nice
    Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app
    so what else is out there in that weight range. trying to put something together. The truck experts all said 3.5 eco boost not enough truck. I would think it would work fine with this camper. Not seeing anything with similar weight.
    off your knees Louie

Only thing close to that weight these days is a pop up. Your f150 would do fine with any of the lightest weight hard sides though. Not the right tool for the job, but would get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    Only thing close to that weight these days is a pop up. Your f150 would do fine with any of the lightest weight hard sides though. Not the right tool for the job, but would get the job done.
    thanks I went over all the payload info on the truck thread. 1000lb camper gives some room for the extras and still stay under the GVWR
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    so what else is out there in that weight range. trying to put something together. The truck experts all said 3.5 eco boost not enough truck. I would think it would work fine with this camper. Not seeing anything with similar weight.
    I just think id wait for one to pop up at a better price. Its still my top choice. Occasionally i see them. Seen some at 6 and 7000 cad. Thats about half of that craigslist price
    Other options would be a small trailer from : northern lite
    Bigfoot
    Escape(i like the 19ft with tandem axles)
    Armadillo(these look sweet, super dialed, ex northern lite/bigfoor employees)
    https://instagram.com/armadillotrail...=1iht0vcv42pff

Truck campers:
    Scout(have to do more research)
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B_nCbwHJ...d=k0q90e6ln7i4

Overland explorer vehicles(might be too pricey but theyre doing cool custom things)
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BvCPP-SB...=112y19z77htv5

I just think id wait for one to pop up at a better price. Its still my top choice. Occasionally i see them. Seen some at 6 and 7000 cad. Thats about half of that craigslist price
    Other options would be a small trailer from : northern lite
    Bigfoot
    Escape(i like the 19ft with tandem axles)
    Armadillo(these look sweet)
    Truck campers:
    Scout(have to do more research)
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B_nCbwHJ...d=k0q90e6ln7i4

Overland explorer vehicles(might be too pricey but theyre doing cool custom things)
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BvCPP-SB...=112y19z77htv5

I think you are in Canada. Looks like they are out of Kelowna. Probably a few more floating around up there. It is on my radar will have to start looking harder. Looks like it takes some blocking to fit the F150 should be manageable.
    off your knees Louie

I think you are in Canada. Looks like they are out of Kelowna. Probably a few more floating around up there. It is on my radar will have to start looking harder. Looks like it takes some blocking to fit the F150 should be manageable.
    Ya revelstoke. K town is just a coupme hours down the road. Bigfiot, northern lite and armadillo are made there. Armadillo is relatively new so im not sure but bigfoot and northern lite are well established and throughout north america at rv dealers.
    Escape is in chilliwack outside vancouver and are fairly established now too after winning awards. You should be able to find them around. Still a good price for quality 2 piece fibreglass units. They have gone up a touch after the awards a couple years ago.
    Scout and overland explorer are calgary i think. I havent looked to deeply into either of them yet. I like the simple build on the scout just not sure on the construction. I dont want a structural seam btween the walls and roof to maintain. Ill have to check more on that.
    Overland explorer might be too involved but their construction looks top knotch.
    I think my top 2 would be the armadillo trailer or snag one of those smaller northern lite truck campers. At 15grand cad thats almost half the price of a brand new armadillo that i could just do a down payment and pay the rest monthly. Theyre super modern and have really dialed in the set up i think.
    Those small northern lite truck campers do need to be boosted up a bit to cleatr the sides of a full size truck but thats ok. Ive seen people that use the lift spacer as a ski storage or for other things

If you like the look of Capri campers and the stripped down creature comforts, those are really light, well made, cheap, and made by what seems to be a great company. I almost got one before I decided to upgrade my truck.

Nice looking units. Very modern features. Its just the roof to wall thing. After my old truck camper and my c class rv im resolved to have a fibreglass unit that doesnt have corner seams. Water/rain is the biggest threat to any of these. With bigfoot, northern light, armadillo, escape the seem is halfway down the wall. Water just rolls off the roof. The seam is as structural as having it at a corner. Bettter insulated for heat/cold/sound and in most cases lighter. They literally last 3-4x longer and hold their value, hence the 10k usd asking price for that used 96 northern lite

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    I like Front Range Lumber CO in Lakewood because they're friendly even if you're not a contractor buying in bulk. Pro tip: you'll get much better price/ft^2 if you buy 5' x 5' sheets of Baltic Birch vs. the 4' x 8'.
    Thanks!

My buddy is selling his van. He has had zero issues and lots of good times. 7.3 PSD Sportsmobile
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

List of light campers for a half ton: https://www.truckcamperadventure.com...he-ford-f-150/

I knew of most of these but didn’t know about that Project M.

Good stuff. Project M seems well thought out for plug in power/appliances. Good price and i like the al construction. Have to keep an eye out to see how the interiors end up.
    Havent seen a new alaskan in a while. Pricey but thats super nice.
    Really like the kimbo. Super tech and decent price. Putting that high up on my list

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    List of light campers for a half ton: https://www.truckcamperadventure.com...he-ford-f-150/

I knew of most of these but didn’t know about that Project M.
    thanks that is a good link. Confirmed what I have been learning. If you want a hard shell buy a bigger truck.
    off your knees Louie

thanks that is a good link. Confirmed what I have been learning. If you want a hard shell buy a bigger truck.
    plenty of older fiberglass hard shells will fit your bill. they just don't come up often, may require some tlc. look for pre-2000 models about 8' in length.

I see the Kimbo (I think it’s the original proto) all the time when I’m driving to trailheads etc. And in my IG feed. It’s got a little bit of that ‘yes I ride recumbent bikes and build my own gaming PC’ vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Around here people use a tube like that to hold water to shower. In the non freezing months. A black one gets the water hot in the sun. You have a spigot to fill it in the back, also to shower and rinse your board or bike.

That van looks perfect. I had been looking for one for a while and gave up. Astro awd.

I am going to build a bed in my Subaru next week. I splurged on a exped megamat duo.

A lifted sienna was on the list but didn't make sense to me for the cost. I would want AWD. But I do like them...

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    The previous owner used the toob for fishing poles, I'll be taking it off most likely. Hit me up if you're in Seattle and want it.

I've had Craigslist alerts set for more than a year and cruised Fb Marketplace pretty regularly. People want so much money for anything with a camper "build," or even just the awd platform sometimes, it's crazy. Got a decent deal here, stoked.

A buddy bought a truck/camper package from an rv rental company. Its a northern lite 2500(heavier duty winterized as opposed to the 1500) and i guess itd be a 8.5. It came on an extended cab non dually f250. Hes had it for years and its fine. No rally driving through the corners in it but no issues. Im not sure of the weight but obviously heavietr than the 1500 and its loaded. Back 18" patio/entry and an extended hitch reciever for a north shore rack and 2 bikes. Washroom , shower etc etc

Good stuff. Project M seems well thought out for plug in power/appliances. Good price and i like the al construction. Have to keep an eye out to see how the interiors end up.
    Havent seen a new alaskan in a while. Pricey but thats super nice.
    Really like the kimbo. Super tech and decent price. Putting that high up on my list

Here is a shot of a early project m from last fall. This was pretty bare bones inside but a lot of room for customizations. I think it weighs around 300lbs. Perfect for a Tacoma.

I like something like this with a furnace. I have a fleet fwc on a Tacoma and it is really overloaded when we go out as a family.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sklar View Post
    The previous owner used the toob for fishing poles, I'll be taking it off most likely. Hit me up if you're in Seattle and want it.

I've had Craigslist alerts set for more than a year and cruised Fb Marketplace pretty regularly. People want so much money for anything with a camper "build," or even just the awd platform sometimes, it's crazy. Got a decent deal here, stoked.
    Wondering what to sell mine for. It could use some suspension refreshes (what van at 170k couldn't) but it's AWD, lifted, has convertible platform in it and had some of the major trouble issues (i.e. lower intake manifold) addressed. Mind pming what you paid?

Quote Originally Posted by myles long View Post
    Here is a shot of a early project m from last fall. This was pretty bare bones inside but a lot of room for customizations. I think it weighs around 300lbs. Perfect for a Tacoma.

I like something like this with a furnace. I have a fleet fwc on a Tacoma and it is really overloaded when we go out as a family.

The lightest Project M is about 400 lbs. If you are looking for a shell like that with a full-height popup and cabover bed, take a look at Ovrlnd campers in Flagstaff. They are switching to a carbon-fiber type bed material which will bring the short bed version to under 300 lbs. The only thing that can touch that is a GFC, and that's a wedge instead of full popup. I just ordered one for my Colorado ZR2. https://campovrlnd.com/.
    "Holy Cow!" someone exclaimed from the back of the stationwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by myles long View Post

Quote Originally Posted by skysos View Post
    The lightest Project M is about 400 lbs. If you are looking for a shell like that with a full-height popup and cabover bed, take a look at Ovrlnd campers in Flagstaff. They are switching to a carbon-fiber type bed material which will bring the short bed version to under 300 lbs. The only thing that can touch that is a GFC, and that's a wedge instead of full popup. I just ordered one for my Colorado ZR2. https://campovrlnd.com/.
    I guess i figured there was more to them. Pretty stripped down. I think im too soft for that at this point. Too many creaks i think(me not the camper). Figured with all the plug ins that it would have an interior.
    These guys look similar to a gfc. Ladders and top entry is nice. Ill probanly still get something more plush

https://instagram.com/snapoutfitters...d=az2n5d13ov8g

Quote Originally Posted by skysos View Post
    I spent a little time just now on ovrlnd’s website and IG, saw nothing about carbon fiber...?

First time poster here.

I have been living in a van for about 2.5 years now around California (SoCal, Central Coast, and now the Bay Area). My home is a NV2500. I have never spent any time in the mountains during the winter with it because it isn't set up for that. But I am think it is time to change that.

I am looking at getting another van and I think I have decided on a Promaster with a 159" WB. I think the interior dimensions work well for what I want. A big factor is having the bed sideways. I just need to wait until one comes up that I like and is within my price range.

Is anyone here in a Promaster? What have you learned about it?

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    I spent a little time just now on ovrlnd’s website and IG, saw nothing about carbon fiber...?
    I spoke to Jay last week and he told me about it. He said the bed used to be made out of wood like FWC but they were switching to this new material and would eat the cost difference without raising prices. Keep in mind that the lead time on these is 9-10 months currently, so it could still be months away before the production changes and they update the web site.

Grinch, yes these are really basic. I would just call it a pop-up shell more than an actual camper. Mine is for more serious off-road stuff rather than ski resort parking lot use, so weight is super important. Assuming I won't be carrying more gear than I already carry, adding this will add < 300 lbs which should keep the truck's nimble rock-crawling capability. Last time I went with my friends I was the only person in a tent and the night it snowed really sucked. Now at least I'll stay warmer, but for ski camping I'll take the Escape trailer.
    "Holy Cow!" someone exclaimed from the back of the stationwagon.