Page 293 of 510 FirstFirst ... 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 ... LastLast
Results 7,301 to 7,325 of 12727
    And then this just popped up. Mitsu but could be a hino just as ezClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210214-193712_Instagram.jpeg 
Views:	203 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	363013

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

What do you think? Am I correct in guessing that’s a ramp hung over the side door there? You think that’s for the camper or the storage box under the bed? I’m wondering if there’s a small ATV or maybe a couple of dirt bikes in there. Can’t tell if it’s big enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    What do you think? Am I correct in guessing that’s a ramp hung over the side door there? You think that’s for the camper or the storage box under the bed? I’m wondering if there’s a small ATV or maybe a couple of dirt bikes in there. Can’t tell if it’s big enough.
    Good guess. Dirtbikes or mtb's by the width of the ramp. Nice looking setup. Not wide enough for sleds unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    And then this just popped up. Mitsu but could be a hino just as ezClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210214-193712_Instagram.jpeg 
Views:	203 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	363013

Why would anyone put up with driving a Hino / Fuso / similar just to haul around a FWC?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Why would anyone put up with driving a Hino / Fuso / similar just to haul around a FWC?
    Instagram...duh? Please pay attention.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sb-grilly.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	753.3 KB 
ID:	363166

Snowbasin parking lot today. Great skiing.

what could possibly go wrong with that system?

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Straight sex right there. Diesel to boot. Still seems awful spendy.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Beauty truck but 90 horses/138 ft.lbs. at the crank. Can't get out of it's own way.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

I camped/slept out of a Saab 900 for Spring tour back in the day but we put all our stuff in two roof pods and slept in the back as opposed to sleep up top and gear in the back.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0572.JPG 
Views:	132 
Size:	189.4 KB 
ID:	363970  

Sexy? That thing is sweet but more utilitarian than sexy.

Maybe grandpa-sexy?

(I just googled grandpa-sexy to find a pic to post here to prove my point and I really regret that decision.)

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    Beauty truck but 90 horses/138 ft.lbs. at the crank. Can't get out of it's own way.

Definitely drool worthy and likely an easy swap to a motor that could actually move the thing. Also, didn't you know? Grandpa sexy is in this year, just check out patagonia's new line

Whos in a rush with a cool rig like that? #vanlife

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    Too small, looks like maybe 3-4’ tall. He appears to have towed his toys:

Name:  Image1613862725.226138.jpg
Views: 1020
Size:  235.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Whos in a rush with a cool rig like that? #vanlife

Ha, right? I do like to get where I'm going as quick as is reasonable and have some get up and go for passing and hills though. I set the cruise up to 85 in my Van where the speed limit allows and it almost never downshifts. Course I've got more than two and a half times the displacement of that rig, and prolly get half the mpg. Oh well, 7.3 life.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Ha, right? I do like to get where I'm going as quick as is reasonable and have some get up and go for passing and hills though. I set the cruise up to 85 in my Van where the speed limit allows and it almost never downshifts. Course I've got more than two and a half times the displacement of that rig, and prolly get half the mpg. Oh well, 7.3 life.
    You know, off topic..I recently got a diesel jetta wagon...god damned if it doesn't climb hills like a beast. Never downshifts on cruise. First car ever that I've had. #rollincoal

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    This is exactly what I need. Fits my truck. Basic, used, etc.

https://www.tufport.com/2020-short-box-t76
    That is awesome.

Hopefully you aren't ready to buy, post something like that someone is going to buy it out from under you!
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

Quote Originally Posted by steveski View Post
    That is awesome.

Hopefully you aren't ready to buy, post something like that someone is going to buy it out from under you!
    Fortunately you can buy the same one brand new for just a little more.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Trying to tap the knowledge base here...
    Last summer I cruised around sleeping next to my subaru in a tent and biking every day and it was rad.
    I sleep in the outback sometimes in the winter but generally end up at a friend, home, or cheap motel.
    This summer my 3 kids want to drive west with me. middle and 2 high school, oldest should be able to drive by then. Our biking abilities range too much so I am thinking we will day hike, do a 1 week backpack trip, and some touristy stuff like rafting. Then I will probably spend August solo cruising around when they are with their mom. Another piece of the puzzle is that next Spring 2021 I am taking a sabbatical and can work remote. Like totally remote, but will have 2 weeks on/off with kids. I'm trying to figure out which of these options would be best. Driving from new england. Please don't start in on covid. I am aware of it.

1. Just drive the outback. Roof box, hitch box. we have family car camping stuff already. stay in a motel once in a while. splash out on some new car camping comfort items and some fun but pricey activities like rafting and guided fishing. But it will be tight in the vehicle.

2. light camper trailer like a hiker camper. I hate towing. I have a boat. I do have room to store it in the woods behind my house.

3. Blow like $40k of savings on a clapped out camper van. I don't want to borrow money for a van. It's tough to find a decent van that has 4 seatbelts, sleeps 4, and is not YUGE. My ideal vehicle is one I have spent time in: 4 captains chairs, the front ones swivel to the back to a table. little/no kitchen (no sink or whatever, just a cooler), no shower or toilet or anything. Sleeping 4 is a challenge. I am keeping my eyes open but it's tough in this market. And I am not totally psyched on owning and dealing with another vehicle.

4. Ideas?

I just bought my 2013 outback a year ago with 25k on it, up to 50k now. If I was close to getting a new vehicle I would look at a truck and 4WC type setup. Maybe I would if something perfect showed up...

I don't want a full blown RV
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Regarding chains & vans... I'm in a 2004 Sprinter (yeah yeah, I know... scourge of the fucking Earth) and have been having good luck with a set of Blizzaks and 300lbs of sandbags in the ass end of the van. I haven't been in any deep-deep snow, but it seems to be going well when it gets slick and snowy out. I have a set of chains I have yet to use, and will be carrying a pair of off-road recovery traction boards I have on my trip to JH/SLC this weekend just in case. If you 2WD van guys aren't adding weight for traction, it's worth a try. It's made a big difference in my van... went from losing traction on anything that even thought about being slick to perfectly driveable.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Sleeping nice and stealthy in parking lots.

Attachment 362180
    Always kinda wondered what your grocery getter looked like... I saw a lifted Previa or some such nonsense in the lot at Loveland once and wondered if it was yours. If I see your rig, I'll leave you a note or knock on the window to say hi.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    We keep our fresh water system functional in winter without any trouble. The Chinese diesel heater is under the sink and pulls its intake air from around the big fresh tank. The black and grey tanks are another story....
    This... is a good idea.

Have you had much trouble with the Chinese diesel heater at elevation? Ours seems to have a limit of ~10k for wanting to work. Maybe I'll do a search in this thread...

Swoon.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker View Post

Have you had much trouble with the Chinese diesel heater at elevation? Ours seems to have a limit of ~10k for wanting to work. Maybe I'll do a search in this thread...

Swoon.
    I haven't spent much time over 8k ft since getting the heater, but I did spring for the blue LCD controller, which has an altimeter and supposedly auto adjusts for altitude. Mine has been really reliable. There is a VERY active FB group, where you'll likely find all of the answers.

Side note: I really don't understand all of the hate on RVs. Sprinters are no longer even a little stealth these days, and neither is anything else, really. If you're going to be obviously sleeping in a vehicle, why not be comfortable? We have a real freezer, an oven, plenty of water, and a huge comfy space to hang out in warmth. Total length of my class A is 22 feet, so we can park in regular spots. The extra width and height is where the spaciousness comes from.

Best of all, RVs are cheap. You can still get a decent older one for under $10k, and the savings will buy you a shitload of fuel. You can tear out whatever crap cabinets you don't need, or tear out all of them and start over, like I did. The walls are vertical, the floor is flat, and it's already insulated, so building is easy. Insurance for RVs is also super cheap.

Downsides are no 4x4 and few of them are ready for winter, but with the $40,000 you save you can get a Chinese heater and figure out how drive with chains. Or, shit, you could get a CRV and tow it for accessing snowed in parking areas.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.